Feedback/ Issues with V1.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by talavandrell, Oct 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Peregrin

Peregrin Member

Great Work on the Mod/Patch I downloaded it and installed it as soon as I found out you had released it.
    I do have a couple of issues however with the Mod
    1) MW Katana's are treated by the game as Long Swords with regard to proficiency and damage :WRONG: Katana's are exotic weapons and are 1D10. Also Katana's are not listed in the Manual or Strat Guide so how did you get them into the game? On the other hand I like having them.
    2) MW Shuriken's WTH is with them weighting in at 15Lbs? My Katana only weighs 8 Lbs. Not sure if this is an issue with your Mod or error in base code.

2. Bhaerau

Bhaerau Member

Found some more bugs:

MW chainshirt lists an armor check penalty of 0, it should be listed as -1. It gives the correct penalty of -1.

MW buckler lists an armor check penalty of 1, it should be listed as 0. It gives the correct penalty of 0.

3. MichiK

MichiK Member

Mona doesn't take orb

Not sure if this is related to your path, but ...

I gfot the orb quest from mona, got the orb from Mickey, and speaking to Mona doesn't bring up any options to give her the orb.

Thanks,
    Michael

4. Rithas

Rithas Member

Bugs

OK, I've had several problems since the patch.

The first one I noticed has to do with the radial menu. When I bring up the menu, the buttons are there, the icons for the buttons are in a circle to the upper right of the actual buttons.

Also, the game is not adding attack bonuses correctly. Example, level 5 fighter.

+5 (BAB), + 7 (+5 str mod, 2 handed weapon for x1.5), +1 for Magic Weapon spell = +13. The Game gives me +6.

Not the only char glitched, but it's only 3/5 characters that are glitched this way....although I didn't notice to check this before the patch so am unsure if it's the patch or base glitch.

5. juv3nal

juv3nal Member

some typos in description.mes regarding ioun stones:

{12596}{Scarlet and Red Ioun Stone}
    should probably be
    {12596}{Scarlet and Blue Ioun Stone}

{12597}{Incadescent Blue Ioun Stone}
    should probably be
    {12597}{Incandescent Blue Ioun Stone}

6. tetracell

tetracell Member

I don't know if this is an issue, but i'm going against my better judgement and posting anyway. In the readme for the installer, it says that NPC's will now trade items with you. I take that to mean that, aside from money, you can take any of the items in their inventory. However this is not the case. I still get the "This NPC will not drop that item" message when I go to take something. Am I maybe missing something??? ???

7. Rithas

Rithas Member

well the misplaced icons went away on their own for some reason, but the miscalculation of attack bonus is still there. Also, I know it's a known but that +3 weapon acts as a +2 weapon, but in my case they all act as +1 :O I don't know if it's a residual perma-magic weapon spell though...

8. Jernath

Jernath Member

Great job on the patch guys, I really appreciate the hard work, it has greatly enhanced my TOEE gaming fun.

I have noticed a few things related to Armor and Armor Check penalties (ACP’s) I am not sure if you guys can fix this but, I figured it could not hurt to ask.

Question: Can you change the value for the “masterwork†attribute on all masterwork and magical armor and shields in the game? The attribute I refer to is called “masterwork†when you look at a character’s skill point breakdown while wearing a masterwork armor or shield. The skill must of course be one of the skills affected by Armor check penalties (i.e. tumble). The value for the “masterwork†attribute is listed as –1 it should be changed to +1 to work correctly. If you do change that attribute to be correct then you will need to also adjust all the ACP values for the new masterwork armor and shields that you guys added in the mod. Please read the explanations for this question below.

When taking a close look on how ACP was affecting the "Tumble" skill on one of my characters I found a common problem with all the items that I enchanted from the new Masterwork items. I noticed my net value for “tumble†was lower than before I enchanted my Masterwork Chain shirt. From within the game I clicked on the value to pull up the breakdown of “+â€s and “–“s that were used to achieve the net value I discovered that the attribute “Masterwork†is listed as a –1. In the case of a Masterwork item that is subsequently enchanted it adds another “masterwork†attribute and an additional –1. The end result is my now +1 Magical Masterwork Chain Shirt has 2 “masterwork†attributes listed on it and both at –1 which subtracts 1 point each from my skill point total. Thankfully it does not add an extra “masterwork†attribute for each magical + it just seems to add one for "being masterwork" and an additional one for when you enchant it regardless of the magical bonus used during the enchantment.

A masterwork crafted armor or shield is indeed supposed to reduce ACP by 1, thus someone at Troika got their wires crossed and thought that applying a –1 for the “masterwork†attribute would yield a reduction in the ACP. Since the DMG does not indicate a spcefic or stanadrd reduction to ACP for echanting them the developers must have decided to reuse the "masterwork" attribute and just add it as seperate line item with a 1 point reduction to ACP for each time it is listed. But, due to the fact that they reference the value from the skill point total and show the armor types standard ACP as a subtracted value (i.e. negative #s) showing the masterwork effect also as a negative value will simply subtract additional points from the skill total instead of adding points back. The fact that it automaticly adds this second "masterwork" attribute if you enchant an item must of been a judgment call by the developers, as stated above the DMG sets no standard for a magical enchantment by itself reducing ACP. But, rather they list many specifics of the material used affecting ACP. Since not special materials are available in TOEE I have no problem with their interpitation of reducing ACP by 1 point for it being enchanted, it just needs to not ADD 1 point for it being enchanted :p

This problem is not just with the new masterwork items that you guys added. This is a consistent problem with any shield or armor in the game that has a “masterwork†value. The Green and Purple elven chain that you can find in the game has a nice –6 ACP as a result of this problem. Elven chain according to the 3.5 DMG should have a –2 skill check penalty. Troika tried to achieve that by listing the standard chainmail ACP of –4 then added two “masterwork†effects, which I am sure someone thought would negate 1 point each from the ACP. Well, the end result is –4 –1 –1 for a grand total 6 points of skill penalties if you dare to wear the Elven chain armor of “stiffness†:p

Also it seems that whoever created the Masterwork items for your mod must have noticed this issue, as a result he/she adjusted for it by placing non-standard values for a given item’s standard ACP. For example a mod created “Masterwork buckler†has ACP of 1, instead of 0 (the value it should have), the 1 is there so that with the –1 from the “masterwork†attribute will have a net of 0 ACP. That is a fine solution until you enchant any of the new masterwork armor or shields. Once enchanted the math no longer adds correctly, because any enchantment bonus adds another “masterwork†attribute and another –1 resulting in a magical masterwork buckler that now has a 1 point penalty.

I hope you guys can fix this issue. And once again thanks for the patch guys!

Thanks,

Jernath

Last edited: Oct 5, 2003
  9. Jernath

Jernath Member

I managed to get my First CDT. I tried to click on the Craft Arms and Armor skill when I had one of the "elven wooden shields" in my inventory. I double checked by starting the game again and removing that item from inventory and clicking the CAA skill. It worked fine and the crafting gui appeared. I then placed one of the "elven wooden shields" into my crafters inventory and clicked the CAA skill button again. Poof CTD for a second time.

Can that item be looked at and possibly fixed. Considering it is a "dropped" item within the game it might just be broken, and unfixable, but I would appreciate the final "word" on that.

Thanks,

Jernath

10. Paladin Fanatic

Paladin Fanatic Member

I just wanted to let you know that the healing domain isn't working properly. It should be giving characters an effective lvl of +1 to their healing (ie. a 2nd lvl cleric should cure light wounds for 4-11 pts) but I've been getting 1's and 2's for healing. I'm not sure if this happens with both domain and regular memm'd spells but it kind of undermines why someone would take the domain in the first place.

11. OG_Gleep

OG_Gleep Member

I am having a problem with CTD on autosave. This happens quite frequently, and the result is the autosave is corrupted. If I try to load it, it doesn't make it to the game, it CTD's as soon as it loads.

I think there is an overall issue, I have noticed that if its going to crash, its going to crash, autosave is just collateral damage.

Example:

Saved right before crafting, because I know that is a particular common trigger. Select CA&A on cleric, it CTD's. I reload, at the point prior to selecting CA&A, and change game zones, and it CTD's once Autosave is complete.

Again, this is all new since the patch.

If you want saved games just let me know.

*Update*

Turned autosave off, and it crashed anyway when changing zones.

Gonna try reinstalling and start a new game.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2003
  12. KIA

KIA Member

Serious dialogue problem

After installing the patch (great work on this BTW!) I found a serious problem. The dialogues in Nulb are sharply limited. No more bluffing bartenders etc. to find the Temple. This means my NG party cannot get the location of the temple on my overland map, tho! Not from bartenders, herbalist, druid, Cuthbertians, Jaroo, Lareth's journal, nowhere! What should I do?

13. tetracell

tetracell Member

Re: Serious dialogue problem

I believe you can get it from Otis the blacksmith in Nulb, or is it not working from him either?

14. OG_Gleep

OG_Gleep Member

One of the females in the inn has a map on her. Just fyi.

15. ElAntonius

ElAntonius Member

A bug I don't think has been mentioned:

My elven ranger has improved two weapon fighting (as a level 8 ranger) and I noticed that his fourth attack is not conducted with the offhand weapon, in other words, his attack consists of 3 primary hand and 1 offhand attacks, where it should be 2 primary and 2 offhand attacks I believe.

I don't know if this cropped up due to the patch or was there before: I only noticed it after installing the patch.

As a sidenote, in case it's relevant, he also finesses short swords.

Our Host!