Feedback/ Issues with V1.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by talavandrell, Oct 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. aalaar

aalaar Member

FanPatchCTD

Exactly every other time I enter the Temple Broken Tower I crash to desktop. This crash happens with the mod installed, removing the mod takes away the crash.

2. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

Re: Mona doesn't take orb

It wouldn't be something done with the Co8 patch I wouldn't think I seen the offer many times. It might be do to your alignment not having the option. What is your alignment? And what is the first sentence she spouts to you when you talk to her?

3. Reecoh

Reecoh Member

I'm not sure if these are related to the mod or not, but I'm using it so just in case ...

1) I made some +1 armor using 1 masterwork full plate (silver) & 1 masterwork full plate (gold) available from the smith in Hommlet via the dialog mod.

When I went back to make them +2 later, I was unable to. The Interface indicated they already had +1, +2 & +3 on them, even though they clearly only granted a +1 bonus. Weapons I made worked fine, this was only w/ the armor.

Also, the armor would only give +2 bonuses even when enchanted to +3.

Also, the Spell Resistance (13) ability did not seem to work. The fighters wearing the armor never got any SR checks I could see in the detailed stats window.

2) In the Brothel, there is a quest from the madam that requires you to talk to Mickey. However, I had intimidated him earlier as part of the Orb quest for the gypsy woman, and he never appeared back at the brewery. It's possible he's elsewhere in Hommlet and I have just not located him yet, but he may be gone for good, and no way to finish this quest.

Sorry if any of these are known issues. I'm still learning my way around this board...

4. Phalzyr

For you he is gone for good, he simply runs off to no mans land, or at least no one has ever reported finding him afterwards. I have a fix out that stops him from running off, but like I said for you it won't help. Does the madam not allow you to do the normal stuff when not finishing her quest? If so I can also edit her dialog so that you can choose to fail the quest (like I did for mona's orb quest).

5. Jernath

Jernath Member

Any thoughts on the "masterwork" attribute shown on Armor and Shields and it's negative effect on Armor penalty checks?

See detailed post earlier in this thread.

Thanks

Jernath

6. obryn

obryn Member

In 3.5, Burning Hands is Evocation. It was Transmutation in 3.0 and before then.

It should be in the Evocation school.

-O

7. ArgentLupe

ArgentLupe Member

Healing Domain

I am also getting the same healing results as Paladin Fantastic. I think the spells are still coded to simply add the Healing Domain +1 and the spell level to the range of the roll. Instead of 1d8 + 1st level + Healing Domain for results of 3 to 10, it's just generating a random roll of 1 to 10.

Probably an issue with the base spell itself.

-ArgentLupe

8. Phalzyr

In that case:

http://www.kasec.org/toee/045 - Burning Hands.txt

this goes in data\rules\spells\

9. zippyhappychimp

zippyhappychimp Member

copy of my reply to the "List of stuff we need to fix" post

Post 1.0.0 bugs.

Cleric, good, Pelar (Sun/Good) Scribe scroll feat:
    -Can scribe Protection from Good and Magic Circle vs Good scrolls, even though he cannot actually cast those spells.
    -Cannot Scribe Protection from Law and Magic Circle vs Law onto scrolls, the spells are not even listed on the scribe list.

Wizard:
    -a Scroll verson of Protection from Energy still cannot be added to the spell book.

Misc:
    -No-one can Scribe Rage onto a scroll, it's not listed on the scribe list.

-Sell and Buy Values for Battle Axe +1 are not correct (sells for less than a gold, buy it back from the merch for little over a gold.)

-The "+3 is working as a +2" bug is still around, at least for Bucklers and that one dude's staff-mace of Striking.

-Scoal (sp) in Nub wants you to kill the chick in the bar with him. After you accept payment for doing the deed, he promices retribution if you do not kill her in 3 days. Said retribution never showed up. It could be a) its an empty threat, b) the fact that I betrayed him back to the chick and he subsequently got perished stops the retribution, c) its just plain broken.

10. Reecoh

Reecoh Member

No, the Madam still lets me do all the regular stuff so it's not a huge loss. I wasn't sure though if there were additional options/quests after finishing it. I'll just have to do that first next time :)

11. Decado

Decado Member

Greater Spell Penetration doesn't give the extra +2 over Spell Penetration.

Not sure if anyone's tried to fix it or if it is even possible.

12. OG_Gleep

OG_Gleep Member

Update on my CTD issue:

Started a new game, with the patchj installed first.

1) No Crashes of any kind yet.
    2) A clue maybe. On my old game, after I installed the patch, the overland map travel indicator slowed to about 50%. I didn't think much about it, until I started a new game. I can reload the old save, and have it move like a snail, then go to my new game, and have it move zippy.

13. seamusmc

seamusmc Member

Brothel

Just a suggestion, but please pull the brothel support or make it optional.

It obviously wasn't finished. Once Troika decided to pull the brothel they didn't bother completing it and it just exposes a new bugged quest. Its obvious that the intention was that different hookers would provide different services if you payed the mistress for such services and possibly lead to some humorous plot lines and possible quests.

Making it available in the game simply introduces more issues while adding little or no value to the game experience.

BTW, according to an interview with Tim Cain the brothel was pulled by Atari in order to make the Teen rating. Real disappointing this was done, but consider that in its current state it adds very little value to the game.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  14. Reecoh

Reecoh Member

I personally found the brothel to be amusing and finished a couple of quests just fine, and suspect I could have finished at least 1 more if I had done it prior to doing the ORB quest. You can even pick up an additional NPC if I recall correctly (not 100% sure about that).

I personally think they should leave it in, it certainly hasn't broken anything for me.

15. seamusmc

seamusmc Member

Super. I and many others have had issues with it and the fact that you mention the ORB issue means you encountered a bug as well. I only had access to one quest and couldn't finish it. Everytime I leave the brothel one of my party members is "stuck" behind the wall and I have to reload several times to get him out. I am pretty sure this "patch" is the reason I can't complete the original ORB quest.

They need to make it optional because its buggy. They state their intention with this patch was to FIX bugs. The brothel is new content and shouldn't be part of a bug fix, especially since it introduces MORE bugs and wasn't finished.

To be blunt, I experienced 0 issues with the game until I applied this patch. Most of the issues I experience have to do with the Brothel.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
Our Host!