Feedback/ Issues with V1.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by talavandrell, Oct 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

The limit for the metamagic area seems to be 210 characters anything over that and my work machine craches, well at 217 it locked up actually instead but...

http://www.kasec.org/feat.mes

I took some text out and it shouldn't crash for anyone, so those using patch don't have to wait until next release just overwrite feat.mes with this one.

2. Kedrigh

Kedrigh Member

having a patch only item in inventory (like ioun stones) will result in a ctd after the patch has been removed.

maybe you could release a bare patch without new content (quests, stones, whatever) as well, so people can switch freely between non patched and patched?

3. Grimlak

Grimlak Member

Hiya folks,

First of great work on the patch, feels like a new game.

Something i noticed though, like Crichton said a few posts above im gettin a lot of random CTD's now too. They seem to have started happening after i outfitted my team with the MW items from brother Smyth. What happens is on area transitions it will auto save then randomly (not all the time) immediately CTD.
    So i unequiped all the MW items and tried as many area transitions as possible and no CTD's then.

If you need more info on this let me know and thanks again :)

4. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

This kind of thing is on the agenda for future releases. We're all working off the same files at the moment so it's hard to split them up at the moment.

5. Xma

Xma Member

Grimlak, if you could try to find out which (or if it happens with any of them) MW items are causing the crashes, that would be great.
    Also noting if having them equipped or in backpack changes anything, and such.

Thx.

6. Wastral

Wastral Member

I have registered twice at the official ToEE forum and it never let me in. Im very happy to have another place where I can talk about the glaring bugs I have discovered and to talk to people who actually might do something about them!

For one, the blink spell doesnt do anything! I cast it on myself from memory and from a scroll and my wizard doesnt blink.

Second, there are a few places with reoccuring desktop crashes. Namely, the house in Nulb which you buy from the old one handed sailor with the bad teeth. Every time I try to rest in that house the game crashes. Also the elemental nodes in the ToEE are full of crash spots. I crashed when entering the earth node, and I crashed several times in the Air node but still magaged to explore a little. When I left off I saved my game in the Air node and now every time I try to load that game everything crashes.

7. Grimlak

Grimlak Member

Odd thing it seems to be a dwarven problem heh with the MW full plate (silver). I'll run some more tests tomorrow. It doesn't happen with the MW items in the inventory only when equiped by my dwarf sofar, all the weapons are fine and the MW items you can buy at Otis's like MW half plate etc are no problem for the dwarf, but the full plate seems to do it for now. Anyway i'll run some more tests on it later :)

8. Crichton

Crichton Member

some more information about the CTD thing. I wasn't thinking properly, I actually installed and played for a while w/ the patch last night and no CTD. The differance IS masterwork items, I have three charecters w/ masterwork greataxes and two w/ ms spiked chains. These are always equiped and I've never had any of these weapons before (before your nice mod the evil game wouldn't sell them to me). If it makes any differances, the charecters w/ chains are fighters and the axes are clerics; they are all dwarves and all point buy.

hope this helps, b/c I'm not willing to uninstall and give up on the weapons I love

9. DRDOOMED

DRDOOMED Member

I will post here too the bugs i will find from now on since i patched toee in case the patch may be responsible,

selecting for rogue special ability at lvl 10 is messed up. almost all feat are golden and once you have picked one,you cannot cancel it for something else (you have to cancel lvl up and redo)

my rogue did 1 opportunist attack (because of himself,not a ally) then nothing (4-5 more fights)

10. Midnite Cruiser

Midnite Cruiser Member

This works good for me. I'd like to thank whomever took the time to elaborate the otherwise poor descriptions included in the game.

11. OG_Gleep

OG_Gleep Member

Great Job guys.

Couple of issues so far:

1) As one person mentioned, there is still a problem with Fox's Cunning. I tried to make a wand, and it still said SPELL_NONE.

2) CTD's
    a. Last night I installed all the game related mods released. Chris' Fixes, No FOW in towns etc. Made a Rod of Smiting, equipped it on my cleric and either it CTD at that point, or when I closed the inventory, can't remember.
    b. Cast Magic Weapon on a Glaive with my cleric. Added +2 no problem. Left crafting screen. Went back right away and added +3. As soon as I hit "Create" (Green button) it locked up and stopped responding. Tech this isn't a CTD, but this is the first hard lock I have had, so must be related.

*EDIT*
    Tried it again, only this time I added the +2 and +3 at the same time. Same result.

c. About 4 different times in between (I only played for about an hour, and I was playing with two of my characters levels, trying to decide the formula. I was doing this last night as well after I downloaded the mods, and only had the one crash above[a]). All revolving around crafting. Either simply entering CA&A or after leaving, or while in it. I don't remember the specifics. Can provide savegames.

Again, only played for about an hour. This isn't with Masterwork weapons either. These were all *Cast Magic Weapon* then CA&A.

Ah I remember one other instance. First time trying CA&A after I installed, and below the Lawful effect and the chaos effect, each had +1, +2, and +3 option. When I scrolled to the end of the list, it CTD'ed. Oddly, it doesn't show the different values anymore.

Anyhow great work. Hope I'm not alone with the crafting bugs. I'll try to test once I get my hands on a masterworked weapon.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  12. Xma

Xma Member

Grimlak > yeah, dwarf wearing full plate gives random CTDs at some map changes... That's a known bug (from the original code, not the patch).

About crafting, well it is quite buggy altogether. We can't fix everything, some things are hardcoded and out of our reach (at least for now).

13. reddog00

reddog00 Member

Save slots

Great work on the patch fellas! I have one issue after installing the 1.0.0 release. After downloading the fix and before installing it I went ahead and started from scratch. I uninstalled thru TOEE uninstaller then manually wiped out the Atari directory that had some leftovers. Reinstalled TOEE and then applied the v1.0.0 mod. Started game and I always create 4 initial saves after openinig vignette. Only problem was that I was limited to only two save slots. One was my quick save slot and the other was my manual save. Whenever I tried to create a 2nd save slot it would automatically just change the name of my first manual save with my second save name. Never actually created a second manual save though??? I did not have this problem occur on my original install and have only encountered after installing the fix. Anyone had this type of save slot problem after installing the mod or would the mod even have this effect on save slots???

Thanks and keep up the stellar work modders! :)

14. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

The silver-colored full plate causes crashes when equipped by a dwarf. This bug exists in the original game in its unpatched state and isn't something that we did. We'll try to get work done on this ASAP.

15. OG_Gleep

OG_Gleep Member

I have no clue what bugs are the games, and what bugs are from the patch, sorry if I mistake the two.

Don't know if this is a known bug from the stock game, but I haven't seen anything listed about this.

Bought a MW Tower Shield from the Smith. On my cleric I am taking the full -8 penalty on skills. I added +2, and it is giving me -1 for each +1 enchantment (Total of -2). I can't tell if any of the other shields are also like this, because the tower shield is the only one with a AC penalty lower then 0. Would test this further, but I haven't found any other tower shields.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
Our Host!