Oversight Committee Vote

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Jan 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
?

Proposal A: Should Co8 form an oversight committee?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2007.
  1. No, Co8 should not form an oversight committee

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Yes, Co8 should form an oversight committee consisting of the lineup listed in post 1 of this thread

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  3. Yes, Co8 should form an oversight committee consisting of some other lineup

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Alright, since the Oversight Committee initiative seems like it's going to whither on the vine again over in the other thread, I guess we have no choice but to try and formalize the thing through another poll.

The current nominees for the committee are:

• Cerulean the Blue (chairman)
    • Shiningted
    • Allyx
    • Lord_Spike
    • Cujo
    • Kalshane
    • Gaear
    • Old Book

Please vote for one option. If you select option 3, please write-in your nominee(s) in a post in this thread.

Majority rules will apply to this vote. In other words, if the results are 100 - 99 for, there will be a committee.

This poll will last for 7 days and expire on January 31, 2007 (unless you live in tomorrow like Ted and Cujo ;)).

If this initiative passes, we can then move on to by-laws or whateverTF would come next.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  2. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

I'm all for it, as you should be able to guess by now. :p

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Would the Oversight Committee actually be a good thing or would it bog things down? Is it truly needed? What and how would be made to work better and be enhanced?

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Agetian should be part of it as well, understanding, of course his (and any one of our) real life commitments.

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Thread stuck until the poll expires.

I have spoken to Agetian about this. I will leave it for him to express his feelings on the matter, but be assured whether on the committee or not, his opinions will always carry great weight with the committee and here at Co8.

6. Gaear

Indeed. I've always rather thought of Ag as 'Mr. Circle of Eight' anyway, Supreme Commander, whatever you want to call it, and the rest of us as his lieutenants. Whether or not he's officially on our little committe won't change that. He can always disable us with a telepathic frontal lobe attack if we piss him off. ;)

Cappy, as you must know, there's already a 3 page thread where we've beaten on each other discussing these very things. I suppose we can start that up again here if we have to, but I'd like the vote itself to remain the primary focus.

Speaking of which, who are the wiseguys who've voted 'some other lineup' but then not posted what it should be? Should we take that to mean 'any lineup other than the one proposed' ? :scratchhe

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I was hoping for something that would list a brief outline and provide details, show expectations of a value-added impact made by an oversight committee in place of how things work at the present.

Does anyone actually know how things would be made better by an oversight committee...what would be done in a better and more efficient manner to make Co8 more productive?

If an oversight committee is to work, there should be a plan along with expectations that state what changes will be induced and state the expected results of the changes.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

So, I'm a wise-guy, eh?
    :chairshot :punch: :zap:

I thought I followed your instructions; my only addition was Agetian for Co8, +1. I guess that'd make it Keen, too.

Sorry it wasn't, like, you know...crystal.

9. Gaear

Thank god that question's answered. I figured it was the secret underground Co8 society that's nefariously plotting to take over our, um, takeover attempt. :biggergri

Okay, I guess I'm game. But I insist that from now on the committee be formally referred to as The Value-Added Impact Committee. ;) :icon_chuc

Our hope is that it would be a good thing.

According to Blue's testimony for one, it is needed, because essentially at present he alone serves as the committee, and he doesn't feel that's appropriate. And yes, it is neccesary to have some type of method whereby new mods are determined to be suitable or unsuitable for the Co8 modpack.

Specifically, the committee would decide upon the suitability of all newly submitted mods for inclusion in the official mod pack. It would 'work better' because Blue would no longer be the sole defacto arbiter of mod-goodness, and there would actually be some system in place whereby that determination is made and a formal body takes responsibility for it. As for enhancement, perhaps we could provide performance-enhancing steroids to the GP? :pelvicthr (Damn, why did Sol kill all those spambots?!)

Specifically, the committee would decide upon the suitability of all newly submitted mods for inclusion in the official mod pack. It would 'be made better' because Blue would no longer be the sole defacto arbiter of mod-goodness, and there would actually be some system in place whereby that determination is made and a formal body takes responsibility for it.

Specifically, the committee would decide upon the suitability of all newly submitted mods for inclusion in the official mod pack. It would 'be better and more efficient' because Blue would no longer be the sole defacto arbiter of mod-goodness, and there would actually be some system in place whereby that determination is made and a formal body takes responsibility for it.

One thing at a time there, good captain! :hug:

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

At least you replied. :lalala: :p

11. Gaear

Okay, the poll has expired and it looks like the membership is in favor of an oversight committee by a margin of 21-3-3. Strange there were so few votes.

So I hereby declare the Oversight Committee (aka Value Added Impact Committee, aka VAICOM) to be in effect.

The Committee:

Cerulean the Blue
    Shiningted
    Allyx
    Lord_Spike
    Cujo
    Kalshane
    Gaear
    Old Book

FURTHER AFFIANT SAYETH NOT. :eek:_O:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  12. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

lol, VAICOM. xD

Attached Files:

13. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

That's horrible.......yet oh so funny...

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I prefer the Value & Impact Adding Game Research Association.

It can be chaired by Cerulean the Blue (pill).

:jerkin:

15. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Enough of jokes. Now get to work you oversight committee, you!! :D
    :peace:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
Our Host!