Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Provodnik, Dec 30, 2010.
Yes, if you jump up right before you bring the stick down, you are more likely to crit.
Man! Is it me, or are the bots getting much more sophisticated?
That last one almost seemed like a person.
All praise the EVER VIGILANT GAEAR!!
Great thing that Elmo defends the innocent and switch sides, but why does he defend the spiders on temple level one?
They attack me and Elmo just goes beserk on me, is he some secret worshipper of llolth
Elmo switch sides in any battle after wonnilon joins
Looking at the scripting, it's obvious why... the san_enter_combat is rigged to alienate all the rest of the good guys. It should happen with any 2 good guys in the party, e.g. Meleny, Ronald, etc.
You should add a test for leader_get(). Because if they're in the party while entering combat, they're probably just fighting alongside you, while if they're not, you're probably attacking them.
I don't get it,, i have had them both in the group in earlier versions so the script made to have them attack the party if the party attacked innocent people has somewhat triggered elmo in some strange way, it works fine with burne and otis and they are both good.
Stand by, I'm looking at this now ...
Okay, here's the deal: most all NPCs who had that intervention script already did have a qualifier in place that was preventing it except when it actually should happen, namely if (triggerer.type == obj_t_pc). Unfortunately three true neutral NPCs slipped through the cracks and did not have the qualifier (probably because they are 'special' cases - they get intervened for but they don't intervene themselves, and they already had san enter_combat scripts so the intervention script needed to be appended rather referred elsewhere, like with many others, and I just forgot/neglected to do it for them) - namely Wonnilon, Jaer, and Wicked.
I tested Elmo and Spugnoir vs. Moathouse frogs - no problem (already properly scripted)
I tested Elmo and Wonnilon vs. Temple 1 rat on Wonnilon's 6.1 scripting - verified problem (Wonni didn't have the qualifier)
I tested Elmo and Wonnilon vs. Temple 1 rat on updated scripting - no problem
I tested Elmo and Wonnilon vs. Temple 1 spiders with updated scripting - no problem.
Chano, am I correct in assuming that Wonnilon was with you when Elmo started acting goofy with the spiders?
To bandage this, extract the attached .rar archive to your ToEE root directory. It should work right without any restarts or anything as long as Clean Game Cache on Startup is selected in TFE-X (it always should be).
The script wasn't in 6.0.0, so it's new to 6.1.0...
Also, are you sure it's working fine with Burne and Rufus in this version? Looking at the script, it looks like it's not supposed to be...
I had just accepted Wonnilon in the group when Elmo started freaking out.
So i had a good save game to test Elmo without Wonnilon and then again with him.
So it seems like it is Wonnilon just as just mentioned Gaear.
I had Burne and Otis with me earlier in the game and they worked fine together.
Thanks for the patch, but i can't use it this time as Wonnilon met his maker.
I downloaded the 6.1 NC patch and have had 2 goes with it. I have enjoyed the new updates immensely. The improved reaction with Lareth and his crew is a great addition to the game. The Hextor priests in the temple also gave my very advanced party a nice challenge. I also thought that how dealing with the slavers has been updated was a great idea.
I did notice a few things that I thought I would mention. The list is kind of long but it does not mean that I did not enjoy the game or the new content. It is quite possible that some of these issues have been mentioned before so I apologize if I'm bringing up an old issue.
1) The witch in the meadow would not give the resonance ring after declining to buy it the first time but then coming back and asking for it. She says she gives it but nothing appears in my pack even though I paid for it.
2) Wilfrick will give you 2 choices to for the Drow = a) that they are in the tunnels and b) that they have all been destroyed. It just seemed that it ought to be one or the other.
3) Wilfrick does not give you an option to continue with your report if you report about the drow even if you killed the dragon and have yet to report it. You can start the conversation again and then report it.
4) Mona in Nulb gives you an option to buy Selena even if you have never talked to Selena and are unaware of her problems. Happens if: a) you have not talked to Mona before and b) if you have completed Grud's quest for the fish.
5) At the Burnt Farmhouse location, there is a torch shadow for a tree (moves as the party moves around) in front of the house but there is not tree to go with it. Seems to be an extra.
6) When investigating the quest for Black Jay’s sheep, you can talk to Corel at night and confront him about poisoning and tell him to never return. However he does not and continues to appear in Black Jay's back yard. Until you gather some of the poisonous weed, take it to Black Jay and then Jaroo, and then return, you can again confront Corel to have the same conversation. After that he finally disappears.
7) Wilfrick will allow you to report about the drow in the tunnels over and over again
8) After having gone through the entire drow and white dragon quests and turning them in with Wilfrick in his office, I met Wilfrick at his manor at night. He did not know who I was and assigned me the white dragon quest again (it did not show up a second time however). This only happened on my first go through and not the second time so I'm not sure what the difference was.
9) In the moathouse on the first floor in the room with the lizard and the chest, there is a masterwork small crossbow just laying on the floor. You can find another in the chest. Should there be the one on the floor?
10) After brawling with Tolub, he didn't heal his non-lethal damage. This only happened on my first go through and not my second so maybe it was a computer hiccup.
11) There is a loose stone pellet in the trader's store.
12) Arrlem no longer lets you report that you failed the ogre recruitment quest. The only choice is to just say that 'Just passing through. No news for now.' I thought it used to let you report failure but I could be wrong.
13) I encountered one jerk stop session. I arrived at Homlet South with Paida in my party. I could move a little and then my whole party would stop. I would move a little more and then stop. I could see the Hommlet characters around and they were all frozen in their start positions (like they are going to box). I went to the world map and went to Hommlet North but it was the same thing. I finally entered a building and came back out then everything was fine. I'm not complaining about this but simply reporting it in case someone else says that they had a jerk stop session as well. They do still happen but it seems to be rare = only once in 2 goes.
14) When I entered the room with Scropp on level 3, he chatted for a bit before his stomach rumbled and he released his pet wolf on me and the only choice was to attack. Then after a second passed, he started a new dialogue where he tells me that I do not listen well about staying away and then he releases his wolf and my only option is to attack. It kept repeating this over and over. I had about a second before it would start again so I kept moving my party closer and finally a fight broke out. Something just seemed wrong with the heartbeat here.
15) There is no longer a magical trap defense on the fourth level of the temple but the trolls will still tell you what the password is.
16) Kendrew Commonworth's conversation did not end with a fight starting even after he promised to paint the walls with my blood. I answered 'if that's the way you want it [attack]'.
17) Learning the wizard spell Acid Fog from the scroll at the Bazaar of the Bizarre does not add the spell to your book and actually adds a second 6th level spells listing. Then any additional 6th level spells that I learned appeared in the second listing. I didn't get this scroll on my first go through so I cannot say if this happens consistently.
18) In the conversation with the Canon Ramses, at one point during the conversation, the word amassed is mis-spelled as ammassed.
19) When talking to Prince Zook after cleaning out all of the drow, I had the option to tell him that I was still dealing with his drow problem. I could also tell him that I had cleaned out all the drow and that it was safe again. Just thought it ought to be one or the other but not both.
20) Like Chano, I too was running around in Emridy Meadows when suddenly something cast a prayer spell. I actually saw the spell cast even though no one was there. This happened on my first visit where I was cleaning out skeletons and my party was a bunch of level 3s. For a brief moment, I thought they were about to get pasted but nothing further happened. This only happened on my first run through but I just thought I would mention that Chano is not crazy.
i have played through 6.1 twice before this one and not seen this.
Apprentices inventory is not respawned and neither is bazaar of the bizarre (the great wizards)
Some of the narwell guards has three rings some 2 and some none, all of them protection against a bunch of things, last time a played only the priest had protective rings.
I want to add one more to my list:
21) In previous versions, I had found Zaxis' sister's note on the fourth level of the temple (so I know where to look). However, with my 2 play throughs on 6.1 NC, it was gone. Both the note and the clothing there. I figured that they have been taken back out. Is this the case or do I just need to be looking somewhere else?
Also, I have to say that I found that the Bazaar of the Bizarre did respawn it's choices as did Burne's apprentice.
Thanks for the reports, guys. So far:
Not sure what happened there, but something went wrong with the spawner that used to spawn those things (or its scripts). They're mobbed in for the next release.
There's some snafu with that spell being spell number 000, so unfortunately it will be gone in the next release (and the multi-level 6 spell categories with it).
Fixed. Was Wilfrick wearing his white outfit at home?
That must be an internal function along with the game.brawl function itself. He's not scripted to heal subdual anywhere that I can see.
Sometimes the npc.attack function just hangs or fails.
Must be a fluke.
They've all got them now, but they're supposed to disappear when they die. I guess that's working some of the time. It's ToEE ... what else is new. :roll:
Thanks Gaear for staying on top of these reports and letting us know what is fixed and or why it is what it is.
Faction blooper Elmo, Morgan & Wicked
Ran into one of those odd faction bloopers.
Running 6.1 NC Reactive temple in effect.
Had Elmo and Morgan (longbow) in the party, recruited wicked (hvy crossbow)on 2nd lvl of temple.
Proceeded to large bugbear fight top right corner of 2nd lvl.
Wicked joined in the fight (not that he really hit anything :roll
Elmo and Morgan sat out the fight, they did not gain a position in the initiative bar at the top of the screen.
When I moved the fireball area of effect around, Elmo & Morgan had red (enemy) circles at there feet.
They where at the right rear of the party , behind the shield wall and never came into contact with the bugbears.
After the fight ended, reloaded to last save, did not rescue Wicked, Elmo & Morgan reacted normally to bugbear fight.