A mom takes a new stand in Arizona, USA.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by krunch, Apr 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

very controversial - A mom takes a new stand in Arizona, USA.

Mothers Against Illegal Aliens <--- click there

There are over 185,000 illegal alien children in American public schools in Arizona, USA.

- costs the voting American citizen taxpayers millions of dollars per year, amount increases every year

- American taxpayers pay for over 185,000 illegal alien children, every day, to have free food, free medical, free school supplies, their parents not pay teacher salaries, their parents not pay for American busing to public schools (maintenance and gas, etc) and even more.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I must say that being half a world way, in a country that has no boarders with any other country, that the problem of thousands of Canadians sneaking in to learn how to get a dose of education isn't one of my biggest concerns. :p

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Quite the sensitive issue, this is. I'm all for fixing the problem, but our politicians seem to want to do it in one fell swoop as opposed to a little bit at a time. As a nation of immigrants, how can we deny those who want a piece of the dream? Some of my ancestors landed here centuries ago; other a lot more recently (1898); and at least one was indiginous. So, my $.02 says that there needs to be a stop to ILLEGAL immigration; continuation of the naturalization process of legal immigrants, and legitimization of the ones who came illegally but are never going to leave. They are here; they are not leaving (and we shouldn't make them). Keep them, and get them in order paying taxes & such, and this will become a non-issue. The only ones we should be worried about are the criminals and terrorists sneaking in with everyone else. And a lot of them aren't ILLEGAL to begin with. Big business bears much of the blame, as they hire and exploit illegal workers. Workers are also to blame, as they demand ridiculous wages for turning a nut onto a bolt on an assembly line, and refuse to do jobs which are viewed as menial. This is the Land of the Free, a dream in the hearts of oppressed people the world over. If we value freedom, let's give those who come here in search of it the chance at it.

4. Lord_Spike

Sez you...but one "good" Tsunami, and you'll wish all that whale riding crap wasn't fantasy! :smarty:

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

"Crikey, look what the tsunami washed up... a herd of Kanuks!"

We actually have to worry about this sort of stuff in Oz (big land mass that shelters New Zealand from the real world). We get honest-to-goodness Iraqis and Afghan refugees who have somehow made there way clean across Asia to come here illegally. Despite the fact we tacitly akcnowledged the horrors of their home countries by helping invade them and oust their wretched despotic rulers, our government doesn't think this makes these folks genuine refugees.

I'm all for having them, but I can't deny a horde of kiddies who can't speak English DOES drag down the class-time given to ur average Aussie kid (of whatever colour/ethnicity/religion said Aussie kid is).

:yawn: stupid complex political issues.
    If you visit Bondi, you'll find that in fact your country has THOUSANDS of boarders in other countries!!!

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Here in the UK, we also don't have any (above water level) boarders to Europe, doesn't stop the refugees running through the Channel Tunnel (From france to the UK) in the dead of night though, Hmm, I think those trains should run every half hour even at night (just to keep the tunnels clear of refugees), the cleaning bill might go up a bit though :nosebleed .

7. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

I'm also an Ozzian, and the immigration issue is regularly on the forefront. I'm of the opinion that the current government is at the height of hypocrisy by on the one hand affirming their refugee status by agreeing with various wars and UN sanctions, but on the other hand imprisoning them if they come to stay. Ho hum.

8. Shiningted

Wait a minute - what team did u say u followed?

9. Lord_Spike

No football shenanigans, you two! I'll be a watchin'...

Not like you needed to be reminded of this, but Allyx's country is largely responsible for the invasion of caucasians that displaced the native humans in every country in the ANZUS alliance...therefore...IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!

:dizzy:

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yeah its all Allyxs fault

11. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

Imperialist Pig Dogs! :rant:

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

CNN had a special show, yesterday, on Sunday night. It was about illegal immigration in the USA. (It is a very hot topic in politics in the USA right now.)

The most prominent comment in my opinion was that the southeast USA state of Georgia [not a Mexico border state] in the last 12 months has required USA citizen tax dollars pay over 58 million dollars for unregistered illegal aliens with no documentation for them, the illegal aliens, to have emergency room treatment, hospitalization and surgery.

This is only just one state of 48 states in the continental USA. I would not expect illegal aliens to be able to make it to Hawaii [3-hour jet flight from LAX] and no one likes the 8-months each year of cold and snow in Alaska (illegal aliens would not want to live there).

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  13. Lord_Spike

Not to start any more :poop:, but to give a little perspective...

It was projected that Hispanic-Americans would become a larger minority in the US than African-Americans in 2012. This took place in 2005, a full 7 years ahead of the projections. And they are not staying in the border states; NC is also at the epicenter of this debate, being the home of an estimated 390,000 Illegals now compared to 39,000 less than ten years ago. Everyone agrees that the ILLEGAL aspect of this is the worst part; in particular the infusion of criminals and gang members, the most notable being MS-13. This is, however, only a fraction of the total population - just the most dangerous.

@Krunch...funny you should say that. My immigrant great-grandfather came to this continent & went straight to the Yukon in 1898. Gold rush, you know.
    :D Of course, he was from Saxony.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  14. Shiningted

When people ask me where I would like to go overseas, the first thing that always comes to mind is YUKON HO!!!!

Maybe I am distantly related to Spike. :blink: Nah, my great-grandfolks are from various bits of Scotland and Ireland.

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Title - MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO MEXICO

David M. Bresnahan
    April 1, 2006
    NewsWithViews.com

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this. I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don’t enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely. However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely,
    David M. Bresnahan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!