A mom takes a new stand in Arizona, USA.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by krunch, Apr 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

that makes me think - the bit about labour laws, whats the minimum wage in the USA? over here is $10.20 per hour (illegal to pay less) and is going up next year to $12 per hour

btw because of that we don't have to worry about tipping the waitress as they're probably getting $320ish per week in the hand (if they're full time)

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

One problem is Hispanics in Mexico typically make under the equivalent of 2 US dollars per hour, and a lot of Mexicans make under the equivalent of 1 US dollar per hour. People are being starved by the Mexico economy, business employer wages and government wage laws.

To answer your question, Cujo, of the 50 USA states,

(1) 17 USA states and the District of Columbia — covering 45% of the USA American citizen population — have set minimum wages above the federal rate of $ 5.15 per hour;

(2) 12 USA states must pay at least $ 5.70 per hour through June 2006, when the minimum wage rises to $6.50 an hour.

Note: In Florida, the minimum wage is currently $ 6.40 per hour.

Below is a pic to show differences in minimum wage by state.

Attached Files:

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I live in a yellow state; a lot of big companies coming here or expanding operations due to that fact. Labor is under the heel of management.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hey whats that red state at the top right? Illinois?

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

You mean the state of Ohio.

Ohio is to the left of the states Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

There was an immigration overpopulation conference in Washington, DC, filled to capacity by many American leaders. Former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm spoke.

First, to destroy America, turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it this way. The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, and Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans.

Second, to destroy America, 'invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

Third, to destroy America, we could make the United States a 'Hispanic Quebec'. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentricity and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.

Fourth, to destroy America, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school.

Fifth, I would get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity and establish the 'cult of Victimology'. I would get all minorities to think that their lack of success was the fault of the majority.

Sixth, to destroy America, I would include dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity and stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. 'E. Pluribus Unum' - From many, one. In a historical reality, if we put emphasis on 'pluribus', instead of 'Unum', we will balkanize America.

Seventh, to destroy America, I would place all subjects off limits; make it taboo to talk about anything against the 'cult of diversity'. I would find a word similar to 'heretic'. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate. I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra.

Lastly, to destroy America, I would censor Victor Davis's book 'Mexifornia'. It exposes the plan to destroy America.

7. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

You believe all that? Australia is multicultural. If we decided to take these attitudes then...well, I wouldn't want to be there when the bloodbath breaks out.

*edit: I think this argument is based on unfounded assumptions. For example, there are many multilingual/bilingual nations that do not have these issues. The fact that being multicultural is automatically bad. Surely we can celebrate differences along with similarities.

Argh. Now I'm on tilt, thanks :(.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Let's remember as well that this is a multi-national forum and community. Many of our members might not particularly care about the perils the US faces, at least not any more than they might care about the perils South Africa, or Japan, or [insert random country here] face. :shrug:

That's why global topics, such as beer, boobs, and modding CRPGs, are so much more fun and appropriate to discuss.

9. Shiningted

If I may say, Malaysia most certainly IS a multicultural success, if my own epxeriences there are anything to go by.

BUT... on more important topics, the price of beer there is too high. Its actually the same as Oz, but because everything else is so much cheaper, it seems comparatively expensive. 1RM cup of local coffee, 1.50 can of coke, 3-4RM a damn nice meal, 18 RM a pint of Kilkenny :(

10. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I took a stand in Arizona, USA once....and some pictures! Quite a bit different from runnin' down rivers. No wonder everyone wants to get in there!

Attached Files:

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The House of the US. Congress is trying to push legislation to make a bill for the US. Senate to vote on. If it passes in Congress and the Senate also passes it, I would expect it will likely be signed in to law by George Bush. If it becomes a US. law, the US. Federal gov't will make 36 million new permanent green visas for Illegal Alien Mexicans, to include
    (1) the 11+ million of them that are already living in the USA,
    (2) the expansion of them by an additional 12 million over the next 10 years,
    and (3) the additional expansion of their spouse and children, parents, and grand parents of them over the next 10 years.
    That's right, if it becomes a US. law, a total of up to 36,000,000 Illegal Alien Mexicans could be given permanent green visas to live in the USA until death. There are roughly 280 million US. citizens who reside in the US., work and pay taxes. The gov't solution is to increase the number of people living in the US by about an additional 12 percent over 10 years through giving 36 million of them a legal right to live here where they will be subsidized to live in the US. by us as American citizen taxpayers and our tax dollars.

Now, before the boo and hiss comes from the crowd abroad, I'm talking about 36,000,000 hispanics from Mexico who disdain America as a country, who have no intention of trying to become an American citizen, who generally disrespect Americans and, typically, are untrustworthy with repect to Americans, and are obviously looking for a free ride, monetarily, as much as is possible, looking for free welfare.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  12. Shiningted

There's that word again :) Us Aussies paying for illegal Mexicans? I doubt it - but I wouldn't put anything past Howard.

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Not necessarily, Blue, if they do jobs for cash under-the-table of which is what they most likely will do because they won't try to learn English and they, typically, avoid admitting they do speak even a little English if they can speak the language. If they can make 60 or more dollars per day cash without paying taxes for laying bricks or blocks (or doing other contruction work) and don't have to learn or speak English or they can make 50 dollars per day less taxes working at a restaraunt where they have to know or learn English, what do you think they will do? And, if they can make 40 dollars per day cutting grass, not learn English and not pay taxes, what do you think they will do?

[EDIT] Part of the problem is the US. provides them with free medical care with no intent to collect from them in the future because it's paid for by tax dollars. Part of the problem is the US. provides those children with free education and free lunch plus breakfast; Americans allow those children to be educated where the cost is paid for by tax dollars. There are other benefits they receive that is paid by American tax dollars. The worst part of the problem is where a very small minority of Americans who are self-employed try to save money by hiring them out on a daily basis and pay them cash to work.

14. Shiningted

Yup, thats ur typical foreigner all right. :yawn:
    Well, thats the saving grace, isn't it: the fact we recognise there is a PLAN. This isn't just people looking for jobs or whatever, this is a PLAN. And the PLAN has to be fought people, it has to be recognised and acknowledged and exposed.

Because if we don't recognise that there is a group out there who has formulated a PLAN and put it into action, well, then where would we b?

The words 'paranoid delusion' come to mind...

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I have not read the book, so, I cannot comment on its details.

When NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) was in the US. Senate for its vote, it was debated, publically, outside of the legislature that one purpose of NAFTA was to slowly deflate the value of the American dollar over a 20-to-30 year period and lower the average American wage earnings by lowering annual wage increases of the American workforce, in effect - to make Mexico more properous and make the USA less prosperous and try to make them both a similarly even workforce with respect to wage earnings in order to help drive the vision of a future world global economy and make investors in Corporate America more wealthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!