5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HobbesMG

HobbesMG Member

After installing lastest cumulative patch (july 15)

1)cant complete orc quest. Elder says good job and the quest stays blue and uncompleted. went back 3 separate times and no change.

2) I am now getting diseased sleeping in upstairs of Inn, never had that happen until after this install of patch.

Not sure if these are fixes needed or things i messed up on but wanted to FYI...

2. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Re: 5.0.1 Mods and Fixes Thread

The quest is definately a bug, I will fix that one. I'll look into the disease thing as well but I can say with a fair amount of confidence. That the second floor of the Inn is not related to the cumulative fixes. If you can give anymore information on that one, it would be helpful like did it happen after combat where you were bitten by a rat, by chance? There is an incubation period for some of the diseases and they don't always show until you rest. After two days of unbroken rest they should clear up.

Thanks for the feedback

Edit: I moved this over here because the 5.0.1 is for posting fixes and mods only, may as well have a feed back thread too

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  3. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Re: 5.0.1 Mods and Fixes Thread

If you sleep in a 'dirty' place (like, say, the spider tower of the moathouse) there's a chance you'll get a disease which will, like you said, incubate before appearing, is how I think it works.

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Re: 5.0.1 mods and fixes bug reports

Possessing and/or using certain items can also bring on disease. Fungal infestations, for example.

5. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Interesting. I did not know that.

(tempted to ask 'for what are you using that item,' but that would be tasteless:) )

6. HobbesMG

HobbesMG Member

Only place I have camped out other then the Inn was deklo woods and the spider tower in the moathouse. Unless I got something from the big frog attack or the spider tower then I dunno. I think the spider tower was about 3 days before i noticed the disease. Didnt realize the spider tower was dirty. That might be it

I took my first party to level 6 and have it saved. Want to play a different alignment so I will check the inn disease thing vs animal attacks and see if I notice anything more definitive for you. Will take notes this time :)

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

A good test might be to save before resting on the second floor of the inn. If after resting you find you have contracted a disease, reload and try resting on the ground floor. If you still contract the disease, then it's not the second floor. If you don't, check the rolls window to see if you made a fortitude save after resting. After the incubation, you make a fortitude check to see if you manifest the symptoms. I believe even if you succeed on the save, there is a period of time where you must continue to make fortitude checks before the disease goes away.

8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Taste...That's never stopped anyone around here before! :beer:

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

@HobbesMG: Gaear has mentioned this before - did you happen to encounter any, errr, rodents up on the second floor of the Inn by any chance? Or was this before u got to that point?

Otherwise, I strongly suspect the disease thing has an incubation period - I have often noticed I fought with rats and spiders then after sleeping somewhere, woke up diseased.

10. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok after downloading and installing the new current fixes the cave name did change to cave lair but the quest still doesnt show up in the log book. not sure about any others yet havent gotten that far :)

11. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

There is. You'll often end up with diseases when you wake up and thus fund one of Hommlet's religions at early levels.

12. rufnredde

The quest should show up in the logbook, but only if you haven't already accepted the quest. The logbook entry is triggered by the dialog with

Kentner. So if your past that point, the fix can not change anything. Next time through it should work.

If you have already spoken to Kentner and accepted the quest

open the console and type in

game.quests[62].state = qs_accepted to make it show as quest accepted in the logbook.

or if you have already spoken to Kentner and have completed the quest

open the console and type in

game.quests[62].state = qs_completed to make it show as quest completed in the logbook.

That should take care of the logbook in your current game.

I have also fixed a small problem in Kenter's Dialog that was causing the logbook not to update to quest completed.
    You should redownload and install the cumulative fixes dated 16-07-06 to make sure all the fixes are included.

13. cpdm

cpdm One-eyed wanderer

I noticed the the Bluff and Sense Motive synergy bonuses towards the Diplomacy skill no longer stack in 5.0.0 and can't find anywhere in the online d20 SRD that says skill synergy bonuses shouldn't stack. I could have sworn that in Co8 4.x.x my pally recieved a +4 synergy bonus to Diplomacy from Bluff and Sense Motive. Is this something a modder changed? And is it really per the rules?

14. rufnredde

Its not a mod as far as I know. But I don't know if such bonuses where even programmed into ToEE to begin with. So someone more familiar with the rules will have to help out on the rules portion as per the SRD.

15. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok so it doesnt show cause im past it, well i can live with that as long as it still works and gives me credit when im done. id open up the console except it doesnt seem to work for me lol. ive never had any luck getting it to open

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!