5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Re: 5.0.1 mods and fixes bug reports

I had my first shot at the Orc thing last night, Kenter didn't say a word. Is there a lvl trigger or something?
    Thanks Kal, but no-one else has reported this, sounds more like something that would occur every time if it was a prototype error. A problem with an ability like charisma drain seems more likely to me.

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

For once, Ted, you have to really dig for the info. He doesn't just blurt it out.

3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok so far in the game the only problems ive run into are that the orc quest and the moathouse quest dont show up as finished in the log book. i even got the moathouse cleaner rep. and went back and talked to the mayor and burne. well those are minor problems everything else is going great, a lil jerky at one point in lvl 1 of the temp but nothing bad :D

oh one other thing. the spell summon swarm doesnt show up on the list its just a black spot where its suppose to be at

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Moathouse quest is being revamped due to it being broken in places. I'm doing that now.

edit: wasn't summon swarm removed from the game some time ago? Something to do with how to implement it IIRC

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  5. kgruscho

kgruscho Member

As I stated in my prior post, I did wait 24 hours and it still does not work.

Not sure what else to say i have read the forums thoroughly, I have yet to see the "normal barter" version of the masterwork items work. Whereas the dialogue version work every time.

anyone else still have trouble with this?

6. Zebedee

I've just tested this again. I gave the head and went to sleep in the pub for 24 hours. Returned to the blacksmith and asked "what about masterwork items?"

Only masterwork items were 3 halfling weapons. So I went for a walk around the worldmap (to Emridy fields, to moathouse and back to south Hommlet). Asked blacksmith again "what about masterwork items?". And they were all there.

So it's definitely working for me.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/7393/blacksmithmasterworkwm2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  7. kgruscho

kgruscho Member

well I have finally got it to work, but only after giving up on it and playing through a few levels of the temple, etc.

so it works, but the 24hours is a lot longer sometimes it seems?

8. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

In my testing I always rested for 25 hours in the inn, just to be on the safe side, and it always worked.

9. HanoverF

HanoverF Member

Got a bug when trying to release a somewhat masochistic prisoner in I think the greater fire temple, an option is to take her to Verbobonc, but if I select it, the game crashes to desktop.

10. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

Hey Co8 modders,

Thanks for all your work in getting the new release (5.0.0) out. I was trying the new release for the first time last night and noticed a couple of oddities.

I'm running 5.0.0 with the Portrait&Voice pack -- launched via the front end (clear cache checked). I already had Atari patch 2 applied for Co8 4.0.

I created four new characters (running with the 4PC/4NPC setting) and started on an adventure. I'm playing a TN aligned party.

I first saved after equipping characters, then got a CTD when I hit the space bar to bypass the movie before the TN vignette. I reloaded and didn't bypass the movie this time -- all went well. Saved again outside the Welcome Wench (after talking to Spugnoir). I went to the moathouse and was killed by the frogs. I attempted to load from saved game and got a message that saved game was corrupt. I tried to load again and it worked. I was killed again another couple of times and each time I got the corrupt save message but was able to load on the second try.

I also noticed that on one playthrough, my female elf wizard (with short bow) would fail to be able to act (can't shoot, cast, etc -- even though she she was not attacked, flanked, or anything else) on more than one round. This only happened on one playthrough. Later I got past the frogs and the spider and saved again (new slot) before being killed by the bandits -- continue to get the corrupt game message on reload before I am able to load on second try.

I'm wondering if this weirdness has been encountered by others (and perhaps fixed in the cumulative fixes -- which I haven't loaded yet), but I didn't see any related postings when I searched.

11. Zebedee

This sounds more an issue related to your specific system and/or installation (this kind of thing happens to us all from time to time) than to the mod itself. So you may find yourself reading this in the General Discussion area at some point when a moderator spots it ;)

You wouldn't be quicksaving would you Enlino? That's a known cause of corrupt games and unhappy gamers.

Just a note about corrupt saved games - once they are corrupt, they are corrupt. Even if they subsequently load up, they'll still be corrupt and cause problems later on as you found. Save frequently using ESC > save game and rotate over at least 3 save slots. (edit: and never, ever save if the game is in combat mode).

My immediate suggestion (at the minimum - personally I'd reinstall) would be to go into your save game folder and delete every single one of your saved games. I'd also try the game with totally new characters from the ones which you are currently using to see if the same issues are occurring - the corruption could be coming from them (I'm assuming you've not used a hack or something on them).

I'd also suggest throwing on the no-cd crack for your crash with the opening vignette as I've found that can help prevent the problem.

The bug your wizard had is an old and documented bug present in the vanilla game. It can be caused by two characters having exactly the same initiative and/or several other things. It happens from time to time. No fix but workarounds include pressing space, pressing enter or trying to drink a potion. Might work, might not :)

editL just as a further thought - how have you set up your PC number in the game? Have you just chosen four and started or have you set the PC count to 4 in the frontend? If the latter, reset it to 5 and try the former.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  12. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

I've set the count to 4PC/4NPC -- you're suggesting that I set the count to 5PC/3NPC and play with the 4 PCs? Is this generally the better way to play parties of less than 5 PCs?

I'll probably re-install (as you suggest), but in response to a couple of points you raised, I'm not quicksaving and the characters were not hacked at all (in fact, they're relatively weak which is partly why they were killed so often).

Thanks!

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The invensource.mes number 121 entry needs to be corrected [so that it can work].

14. Zebedee

Basically, I'm giving you some things to try out to try and resolve a problem which is user specific :) I've never tried to use the PC number hack for parties less than 5 (is it necessary if you want to have 4 NPCs?) so a quick game not using it which doesn't result in mass corrupt save games might indicate that is the problem for you. Might not though.

I'm thinking of the things you've typed which could possibly result in the game being corrupted. Quicksave and a badly hex-edited character or 5 can be prime culprits, but not in your case. Saving in combat would be next on my list of likely causes. After that, you're just looking at a "wtf?" problem which happens because the game is glitchy. For anyone else who stumbles across this post via search, I'd point out that this is why Ironman mode is a very bad idea if you wish to remain sane :sadblinky

All the best with the reinstall - hope it cures what is ailing you. And don't forget to sacrifice a black goat or two. That's also rumoured to help ;)

15. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I'm doing a for fun game with massive console/dlg/protos changes. I have the widow Mathilde(pc.follower_add(npc) and was adding the hot goodies, and when I added Fragarach, she went -10 dead? I know the console causes some strange things, but wow. The console will corrupt a game bigtime, but it's so inconsistent. ProtoEd changes will corrupt the game also. The game i'm in now wont do the moathouse re-spawns, direboar, undead, witch,drows etc. Out of all the games and scenarios i've done recently they happened only twice. What triggers the moathouse encounters? I haven't used f12 quicksave and auto-save is off.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!