5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpdm

cpdm One-eyed wanderer

Re: 5.0.1 mods and fixes bug reports

rufnredde: Thanks for responding.

Skill synergy bonuses are implemented in TOEE, to see this click on any skill that should have such a bonus in the skills tab of your inventory screen(Check the manual if you are unsure which skills should have synergy bonuses). A detailed breakdown of the rank and bonuses is shown.

When I look at my rogue's Diplomacy skill, after having put five ranks into both Bluff and Sense Motive, the breakdown shows that the Bluff synergy bonus does not stack with the Sense Motive synergy bonus. I looked into the skills section of the Hypertext d20 SRD and also in the downloadable Rich Text Format files I got from the WotC site, because I remember noticing that the bonuses stacked for a character I played with in 4.1.0, and couldn't find any mention of the synergy bonuses not stacking. I deleted my 4.x.x install files after I downloaded 5.0.0 and I'm stuck with dial-up, so I was hoping that somebody could shed some light on the situation.

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The only new .dll hacking done for 5.0.0 was to increase the summoned creature limit. The synergy bonus is definitely coded in the .dll. I would seriously doubt that that hack, which only changed one hex value in the .dll, could have caused this. It did increase the summoned creature limit. But of course, I don't know .dll stuff very well at all.

3. cpdm

cpdm One-eyed wanderer

Thanks C. Blue, hardcoded huh? Oh well.... I re-downloaded and re-installed the 4.0.0 & 4.0.1 files and checked this out myself. It turns out that it is not a new issue, the synergy bonuses don't stack in the older version either, and my memory was playing tricks on me. I still wonder if any of the rules lawyers out there know if these bonuses are or aren't supposed to stack? Anyway it's not a bug and even if there is someone around who could do .dll hacks, it would certainly be at the bottom of the list.

4. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Well you beat me cpdm, good testing on your part. I had just finished looking at this and was about to post that it hadn't changed, since 4.0.0 anyway. I have also been to the srd site, and being a programmer I read this as an or statement
    Which to me looks like you only get a +2 bonus once for any of the listed skills. When they hardcoded the math they probably read it the same way. But your right someone you is deeply involved with the rules will likely come along soon and settle this.

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Bonuses granted by skill synergies do indeed stack. They're unnamed bonuses (the method for gaining them is called skill synergies, but they're not actually called Synergy Bonuses in the rules.) Unnamed bonuses always stack.

6. cpdm

cpdm One-eyed wanderer

@rufnredde: Yea, I looked at that same sentence and read it the other way. Just one of those things, I guess. Like the effective enhancement level on weapons.

@Kalshane: Good to know, thanks for the expertise!

7. Havoc

Havoc Member

If this is the bug report thread... i think i found a (power) ranger bug.

When my ranger levels up his dice is always 1 (+ CON). Now he has less hp that my wizard and rouge!

8. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Yup. The random number generator is buggy. It's a well known problem. If you want a good laugh, use search and find Gaear's post on the issue from about a year ago :)

9. rufnredde

Well this is a bug reporting thread yes. But its main focus is the mods and fixes that occured after the 5.0.0 Final and are being submitted for the next incremental release.

I don't know what version you are playing or which install options you used so tracking your problem will be difficult.

I use 5.0.0 and the ToEE frontend which lets you select Max Hitpoints per level. This is attributed to Drifter's patch as that was the mod that made the Max Hp per level happen. If your not using the front-end or Drifter's Patch. Then you are at the mercy of the RNG, and before I installed the patches I had some pretty bad level up experiences. If you are using the frontend or Drifter's patch. Then you definately have a problem.

10. Havoc

Havoc Member

Using Max HP per level is kinda... cheating, no? ;)

So i will tell something else. I found another NPC without talking. I think he was called Nulb Male Townperson but i can be wrong. He just says "How can i help you, sir?".

Another thing. Is this a bug? My party, NE, went to Torjin and told him about... ekhm... "accident" hehe... and we ran out ... well duuuh 1lvl vs 3 clerics... no way. So i came back and he was.... with amnesia that i told him about this. Next he has a "I havent yet cleared mothhouse out of evil" (or something) in the speech choose. Thats strange because i didnt get a quest from him nor i have in the log. After i clear the mothhouse.... he doesnt have the option but there isnt anything related to the mothhouse while i talk to him.

11. rufnredde

No. But each person that plays has his or her own idea of what cheating is. The same with the RNG some people consider it buggy, some people just accept the fact that it is what it is. A mathmatical algoritm designed to approximate the rolling of dice. After reading your second post it sounds like your just getting bad dice rolls for the ranger when you level up to me.

NPC characters that have no dialog, just have little snippets of conversation like "How can i help you, sir?". Now if he is saying this to a female character that is a bug.

The Terjon Dialog is a bit buggered up. Zebedee is working on a fix for that and it should make it into 5.0.1.

12. Havoc

Havoc Member

He level like 4 times in a row with 1 roll.

How about Gunther in Hommlet? He doesnt have a conversation and i think he has some.

13. Havoc

Havoc Member

When doing the job for the lumber jack. I found a drow (after killing the spiders). He was all "im more powerful than you" so i changed him to a pile of meat. But the strange thing he didnt use a sword only his repeating crossbow. Same thing happen to the blacksmith in Nulb. Thank god... i could kill them easily thanks to that.

14. rufnredde

That is strange since he is not supposed to have a crossbow

15. Havoc

Havoc Member

Another bug with 2 quests. Mickey exactly. I took 2 quest (stop harrasing the hostel and orb back to Mona). When i took the orb back (paid 500g). He disappeared. Is he in Hommlet? Because i cant find him. He isnt in Nulb anymore. And i still have the "stop harrasing the hostel" quest to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!