Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

By never showed up do you mean not on the map?

In 7.6NC the new content is no longer shown on the map, but the locations are listed to the right of the map.

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

In my current game I noticed in Ah Fong´s Shop in Nulb that he sells
    "Marauder Armor" and "Masterwork Marauder Armor". Normally the latter should only be different in that it has -1 armorcheck penalty for being masterwork.

However the maximum dexterity bonus for the normal Marauder Armor is +5 while that for the MW Marauder Armor is +7.

Is that an error and the MW armor should have +5 too? Or is the Masterwork Marauder Armor more than just "masterwork" and the +7 maxdexbonus is correct?

3. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

After taking some time to explore an iron shortage along the coast I've downloaded the latest version of the NC and started afresh. Like the new graphically look so far- things seem faster and smoother. Looking forward to the changes- I might actually finish this game this time (only running the 1 party- for now...:dizzy:).

4. Ograbme

Ograbme Member

I noticed that when I go to restore a save while vanilla is active, it only displays Co8 save files, and vice-versa. Do I have to activate vanilla, restore the Co8 save, then switch back to Co8 to make it work?
    Not anywhere. Even when I chose the (travel there immediately) dialog option, it sent me to the Temple instead.:dizzy:

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

In 7.6 (and later), is there any way to trigger the WotGS before dealing with the Slavers? The XP from the Slavers quest comes in one huge chunk, and is thus best saved for later. WotGS allows you to level up in the course of the quest.

6. sirchet

Ograbme, what version are you playing?

7.5 had a small glitch that would send you to the wrong place when you chose the travel immediately option.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Nope.

8. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Rats, but thanks for the quick answer!

9. guinness22

guinness22 Nexus of the Crisis

7.7.0 is up on ModDB now. Thanks Gaear and Co8 team! :thumbsup:

g22

10. Gehennis

Just a minor glitch that happened in the v.7.6 NC- in the 3rd AoH combat, playing with 6 characters. It was the 2nd round of combat and my wizard had just cast Fireball when the game froze. His action hourglass(?) was empty, as if he had been paralyzed by a ghoul or stunned. The crowd animations and cheers continued but the next character in the sequence bar never acted. I could move the mouse pointer around the screen but nothing happened- even hitting Esc didn't work. Finally had to pull up the Task Manager to close the program (which was still running).

The good news is that upon restarting the game everything went smoothly. Spells in effect (all cast before going to the AoH) were: Haste, Bless, Aid (on human ranger), Enlarge Person x2 (human fighter & human ranger), Cat's Grace x2 (human fighter & ranger) and Divine Favor and Magic Weapon on cleric who had Lareth's Staff of Striking.

11. sirchet

Did you try the drink a potion work around? Sometimes accessing a character's inventory can free that up.

12. Gehennis

No but I'll keep that in mind- thanks...

13. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

Started 7.7 NC, cleared out the moathouse for the Clearing the Moathouse quest, double checked every room, but quest is not completing. I've killed Lareth and the ambushers upon leaving the cave exit but still not triggering a completed status.

14. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Isn´t that only completed if you report back to the person you received the quest to clear the Moathouse from?

15. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

Jaroo has nothing to say about it. Donations don't seem to job his memory either.

Our Host!