Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Re: Wish List for Modpack 8 and up

Because he mentions that he patrols the fields to weed it out so that it won´t harm anyone. It sounds to be one of his responsiblities as the village druid.
    He wouldn´t want it in the hands of a band of adventureres who would use it for nefarious purposes if the game allowed it ^^ Well perhaps not my current Lawful Neutral party but other alignments...

2. ConjurerDragon

After clearing the Moathouse I tried to re-distribute the loot among my party and noticed that the armour did not give the expected armourclass.

e.g. a Splint Mail I looted was described as giving +6 AC as the PHB.
    When my Fighter equipped it his AC rose only by +3.

The "Silver Banded Mail" should be +6 AC but gives only +5.

I tried it on my Fighter, the Cleric and on Elmo. All of them are not encumbered.

I stripped any other equipment because I thought it would be a non-stacking magical bonus from a shield and tried again - same result.

Do I miss something here or is there an error?

3. ConjurerDragon

After curing Bing the leatherworker with the Heal scroll and then talking to him about masterwork items he speaks about needing some time to do them.

After the needed time has past and he is spoken to again there is an option to trade where the masterwork items are now available. The other option is to ask sometihng like how he is doing and in the next choice of answers to ask for masterwork items - there he will reply again that he needs time to make them. I assume that he should have THAT line only before he started working on MW items and if they are available he should mention needing time to make them again?

4. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Hey ConDrag. Maybe an issue with max dex bonus?

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Re: Extraplanar chests, I've never had trouble opening more than one at a time, as long as it was by different characters.

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I think you can sell it for a few coppers to someone in Nulb.

7. ConjurerDragon

Right. I completely forgot to consider that the heavier armour limits the dexterity bonus. :roll:

8. ConjurerDragon

In my current game my party was ambushed by an assassin on it´s way back to the Moathose (killed the Master but left the dungeon through his personal exit instead of the main entrance).

He talked about my death, a successful skill check made him state his business with me first and when the fight started the assassin was flatfooted... :p
    In two combat rounds he was dead when my party of 5 + Elmo surrounded him.

Should an assasin that ambushes you be flatfooted at all?
    CAN an assasin be flatfooted at all?

Or is that a glitch in the game and my party should start the fight surprised?

9. ConjurerDragon

The "Figurine" that can be found in Emridy Meadows: After receiving some info about that from Terjon "that holds no value here" I offered it to several shops and found that most pay 44 Gold but that Camenbert will pay 88 Gold.

And once sold the "Figurine" is offered in his shop identified as a "Fungus Figurine" for 2 copper pieces...

So instead of paying 100 gold to identify the figurine one can sell it for 88 GP and then buy it back identified for 2 copper :roll:

Is that intended or should the Figurine really hold no value and be worth only a few copper instead of 88 gold?

10. ConjurerDragon

Re: The Animal Companion Problem

In my current game I was moving my party as a whole through Nulb.

When clicking on one of the Pirates he complained about my improper dress.
    Tried several others and the same complaints came.
    None of my PC´s or NPC´s were naked. When I tried to speak to one of the Pirates with the Raven familiar of my Sorceror the same complaints came.

So ingame that´s funny to me because the Pirates of Nulb complain that a Raven is unclothed - while a whole brothel is opereating in their village.

However shouldn´t familiars be excempted from that complaint?
    And when I move my whole party including the familiar (by using the group icon of the game) - should then the familiar ever initiate dialog with anyone?

11. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

he was flatfooted only to those characters who beat him on the initiative roll. Granted, he probably had a good DEX, so it should have been hard to beat him, but maybe you have several characters with the Improved Initiative feat? During the attack phase, you got the jump on him, using your guile when conversing with him. While he pondered your response you pulled a weapon out of your sleeve and wacked him with it.

12. Legless

Legless Established Member

Which slot was your familiar in?

13. ConjurerDragon

The logbook lists the Assassin with a CR 10 as the toughest enemy this far - even higher than the Hill Giant in Emeridy Meadows. The outcome of some talk and 2 rounds later a dead assassin was a bit disappointing.

None of my PC´s has Improved Iniative.

14. ConjurerDragon

Slot? You mean the row in the lower left of the screen? Right of Elmo.

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I can't find any indication in Otello's dialogue that you can give him any money, just that he'll give you 50 GP. I'll check into Cavanaugh.

We'll fix that.

Jaroo is not valid for soloists because when the PC dies during the fix, the game does indeed end. No one to carry on, as it were.

I'll check into it.

Probably.

There is literally no way to get rid of scenery objects on the ground, so yes, if you don't pick them up they will continue to lay there.

There is no later use for them in-game.

We could probably get Jaroo to take them from you, yes. Assuming you picked them up.

Willfix.

Funny. ;) Willcheck.

Willcheck.

You'll feel differently next time around when he wins initiative and kills half your party in the first two rounds.

Our Host!