Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

No worries... glad to be of assistance.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Alrighty I tested Jaroo with the typos fixed and granting/completing the Moathouse quest seems to work fine. :shrug:

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Is there an option in Jaroo's dialog that would let him offer the quest but your choice would merely mark it mentioned.

Like when the Pope wanna be asks me to look for his pendant and I just ask another question instead of saying I'll look into it.

4. Cuindless

Cuindless Member

I'm encountering a really weird problem. I'm running TOEE in C:\TOEE in administrator with the resolution in the config file set to 1360x768. Scaling on my graphics card is disabled. The Atari screen, D&D/Troika screen and opening video all load fine. The moment it goes to the "New Game, Load Game, Options, etc..." screen, though, I only get graphics in the upper left hand corner. If I move my mouse up there, I can see it move a little, but the rest of the screen is blank. What the heck is this all about?

5. Cuindless

Cuindless Member

Also, I've rolled back the driver with no luck.

EDIT: Just found out that it plays in Windowed mode, but I can't resize the window.

6. Gaear

Try hitting ALT-TAB or the Windows button. The game may not actually be the active app.

Yes, actually - the opt-out "must be going" bit. If you just do that, the quest remains mentioned from when 'roo just mentioned it a moment earlier, but being as you didn't actually acknowledge it, it doesn't get accepted and the Jaroo gave me this quest variable doesn't get set. Good call. :thumbsup:

I suppose we could get rid of that option but I hate to railroad people like that.

ed. - Okay I just changed generic "I must be going" to generic "no." That way you can still just exit but it's more obvious you don't have the job.

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Cuindless, you may want to try updating the driver. What I found was that Windows was lying to me about being up to date. The most recent driver for my card fixed the upper left hand corner problem, but not the "rays".

8. Cuindless

Cuindless Member

Thanks, Daryk! Updating the driver fixed the original "upper left corner" problem, but I also have the "rays". Did you find a fix for that?

9. sirchet

The only fix for that I've seen is acceptance, (meaning it's there for good) unfortunately.

10. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Unfortunately, sirchet has it right. There is no known fix at the moment.

11. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Is the advice in the description of the download page to not continue a savegame when installing only valid
    when first installing the Co8 mod, when a major release is released (e.g. from version 6 to 7) or
    at ANY change (as in now from 7.6.0 to 7.7.0)?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  12. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Really love what you've done with the animal companion AI Gaear - thanks, a static jackal with mage armour standing stationery in front of druid with longspear works just as I was hoping.....

One question - I have accepted and completed the lotus flower quest without seeing Amil in Jaroo's house. Some of Jaroo's conversation is now a bit silly.

13. sirchet

Maybe Ami is sick and laying down in the back room?

At least that's what I told myself.

14. Gaear

I'l check into it ... might be something to do with all the renaming.

You can't use saves between modpack versions, if that's what you're asking.

15. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Just had a CTD in the v.7.7 NC- running a LG party in Hickory Branch and was just about to fight the group near the trapped chest- cast Web and Spiritual Weapon and just as my fighter (equipped with Lareth's Ring of Freedom of Movement(?)) was about to charge into the fray the game went down. This is the first real setback I've had playing this version so far...party formation is my standard for LG- Paladin, monk, cleric, rouge, wizard and sorcerer...

Our Host!