Spell Compendium Mod

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Feb 28, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

It should be easy to add, so I wouldn't sweat deity.mes compatibility issues.

2. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Member

I actually think that the .mes file system is pretty easy to modify if you can add a new range and everyone is on the same page, it is just unnecessary if I missed that the information is actually already there. Then my modification would be dumb :)

For example let's imagine someone wants to do an adventure pack where the home plane of the gods actually matter, you could simply add it, just everyone modyfing the deity.mes needs to be aware that let's say the 4000 range is the home plane. So you could use the deity.mes with the deities that matter for the content (Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, you name it) and still add your needed modifications, as long as everyone is on the same page and uses it's own range.

{1}{Athena}
    {1001}{The goddess of courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, just warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill. Minerva is the Roman goddess identified with Athena.}
    {2001}{the goddes of just war, civilization and law, lawful good. Her domains are War, Knowledge, Law and Good}
    {3001}{Defend the innocent!}
    {4001}{Venya, Mount Celestia} //<--- Home plane
    {5001}{ALIGNMENT_LAWFUL_GOOD} // <--- New alignment field

Not that I think this will ever matter :)

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Well for one thing you're mixing strings and specs in the same file, that's generally undesirable.

I do intend to add modular deity specs at some point, which is where the alignment spec will go in the future (IIRC it's currently hard coded).

I'd prefer to add a simple python API that queries this rather than bake it in a mes file.

4. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Member

Oh I agree I prefer your solution as well, I will use it, when it's there :)

Can I access the deities favored weapon somehow? The game has this information somewhere I guess.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Favoured weapons are hard coded and were discussed at length in the IWD TC thread from page 73 onwards

6. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Member

Sorry for the delay, but we have school holidays here at the moment, so my freetime is rather limited right now :)

I've updated the first post, I added spells from the paladin and blackguard level 3 spell list.

Changes:
    Summon Undead II now allows to summon two level 1 skeletons or a single level 2 summon.

Fixed:
    Improvisation has now correct Bonus Type (Luck),
    Redid Buff symbols, now they all link to the help file properly.

Spells Added:
    Blessing of Bahamut
    Righteous Fury
    Undead Bane Weapon
    Axiomatic Storm
    Holy Storm
    Unholy Storm
    Summon Undead III

I also tried to do Diamondsteel and Weapon of the Deity, which are not included in the update as they are not working atm. WIP as they say :)

Our Host!