Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Sitra Achara @Agetian would either of you guys be willing and able to shed some light on how to go about altering the hard coded details for Deities, Domains, favoured weapons, positive/negative energy channelling etc...?

Or even better, a program that can make the required edits... temple.dll editing scares me. :eek:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  3. Allyx

Yes you did, this is going to be complicated... *sigh* :(

4. Sitra Achara

I think preferred weapons are only significant for the war domain... which FR deities have that?

Also, just ti be sure, is the above clear?

5. Allyx

I've done some investigating, some Forgotten Realms Gods are present in both campaign worlds and thus do not need altering at all. :D Only 5 Deities are specifically mentioned in IWD when creating a character: Talos, Helm, Lathander, Tyr, and Tempus. So I have gone through the major religions of Faerûn and assigned a replacement for each deity from ToEE and made a note of the various alignment, domain and preferred weapon alterations that need to be made to make them to be correct in that campaign world.

IWD deities:

Bane (Hextor - swap Flail for Spiked Gauntlet preferred weapon)
    Chauntea (Elhonna - swap Sun domain for Protection domain and Longbow for Scythe)
    Corellon Larethian (Unchanged)
    Garl Glittergold (Unchanged)
    Gruumsh (Unchanged)
    Helm (St. Cuthbert - Remove Destruction domain and swap Mace for Bastard Sword)
    Lathander (Pelor - swap Healing domain for Protection domain)
    Mask (Nerull - swap Death domain for Trickery domain and Scythe for Longsword)
    Moradin (Unchanged)
    Mystra (Midnight) (Wee Jas - swap Death and Law domains for Knowledge and Good domains and Dagger for Shuriken)
    Oghma (Obad-Hai - swap domains to Knowledge, Luck, Trickery, Travel and Quarterstaff to Longsword)
    Selûne (Kord - swap Luck and Strength domains for Protection and Travel domains and Greatsword to Mace)
    Shar (Vecna - swap Magic domain for Death domain and Dagger to Shuriken (or add Chakram))
    Silvanus (Fharlanghn - Swap Luck and Travel domain to Animal and Plant domain and Quarterstaff to Maul)
    Talos (Erythnul - swap Trickery and War domain to Destruction and Fire domain and Morningstar to Spear)
    Tempus (Olidammara - swap Trickery and Luck domains to Protection and War domains and Rapier to Battleaxe)
    Tymora (Yondalla - change alignment to Chaotic Good swap Law domain to Chaos and Travel domains and Shortsword to Shuriken)
    Tyr (Hieronioius - add Knowledge domain)
    Waukeen (Boccob - swap Magic and Trickery domains to Protection and Travel domains and Quarterstaff to Nunchaku)

6. Sitra Achara

Preferred weapon afaik only matters if you have the war domain (which then grants you weap proficiency and focus). It's hardcoded in the weapon feat check function for the 5 ToEE deities that can have the war domain. I think it can be hex edited to swap out the irrelevant deities with the new ones and to change the weapon type, but it's limited to 5 deities unless someone cares enough to do Moebius-style code hooking (I don't). So you'll have to first map out which deities feature the war domain and we can go from there.

7. Allyx

That would change the deities to this:

Bane LE - Destruction, Evil, Law, War - Spiked Gauntlet preferred weapon)
    Chauntea NG - Animal, Good, Plant, Sun
    Corellon Larethian (Unchanged) CG - Chaos, Good, Protection, War - Longsword preferred weapon
    Garl Glittergold (Unchanged) NG - Good, Protection, Trickery
    Gruumsh (Unchanged) CE - Chaos, Evil, Strength, War - Spear preferred weapon
    Helm LN - Law, Protection, Strength
    Lathander NG - Good, Protection, Strength, Sun
    Auril NE - Water, Evil, Air
    Moradin (Unchanged) LG - Earth, Good, Law, Protection
    Mystra LN - Knowledge, Good, Magic
    Oghma NN - Knowledge, Luck, Trickery, Travel
    Selûne CG - Protection, Travel, Chaos, Good
    Myrkul NE - Evil, Luck, Death
    Silvanus NN - Animal, Plant, Protection
    Talos CE - Chaos, Evil, Destruction, Fire
    Tempus CN - Protection, War, Chaos - Battleaxe preferred weapon
    Tymora CG - Chaos, Travel, Good, Protection
    Tyr LG - Good, Law, War, Knowlkedge - Longsword preferred weapon
    Waukeen NN - Knowledge, Protection, Travel

Edited to swap out Mask in favour of Auril, and Shar in favour of Myrkul who died 80 years after IWD's timeline is concluded.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Waukeen? Waukeen Phoenix? Love his movies. :p

sigofmugmort likes this.
  9. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

His brother was better. Just sayin'

10. Shiningted

Yeah, finally watched My Own Private Idaho the other day. Couldn't handle Keanu Reeves doing Shakespeare and gave up.

Hey where is Bhaal on this list?

11. Allyx

According to the Wiki... he's dead.
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wikiBhaal/

EDIT: If I have left out a vital Forgotten Realms Diety and you think I should definately swap out one of the above for a more important Diety by all means do so.

Also, @Sitra Achara do you have plans to open up the other 8 possible Dieties for Character selection at any point with Temple+?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  12. Sitra Achara

It's possible, but no immediate plans for it.

13. Shiningted

Just so I understand, Al, right now in ToEE players can choose the usual 19, so they'll have 19 Forgotten Realms ones to choose from in IWD? Is that right? And you want the other 8 (Ralishaz et al) as well?

EDIT: Dead Bhaal may still have worshippers, but if there is no Bhaal-sized hole in the list it hardly matters.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Bhaal R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  14. Allyx

Potentially it is an option Ted, the Gods I suggested above were chosen mostly because their alignments were the same as the ones they replaced, I didn't want to unballance the available choices by adding too many Gods of a specific alignment range, and in my conversion list, only 1 deity required a change in alignment, but still there are many other possible choices that were omitted.

Ilmater is just one example, I had deemed other dietites of Lawful Good alignment to be more prominant to Faerûn than Ilmater, because there were specific Cleric Character creation options for them in the original IWD title (albeit as speciality Priests rather than generic Clerics), even though Ilmater gets a specific mention in the dialogue you mentioned, it applies to all good aligned Clerics anyway. Yet it would still be nice (though not necessarily vital) to have the added deity options.

On a technical level, adding the option to select the additional deities would be no harder than it was to add the UI screen containing Prestige Classes. The dieties are already hard coded, there just isn't the space on the current selection page to access them. If @Sitra Achara is prepared to do the work to add these options, I can add a few more deity options, if not, it's not a game breaking deal.

15. Sitra Achara

I can vaguely say it's something I'd like to do in the following year ;)
    The way I'd go about it is to make it moddable via third party data files similar to T+ class definitions, so when the time comes you'd just be able to write user files with the extra deities.

Our Host!