New Temple+ Available

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, May 6, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Quick follow-up on this (yes, I'm over-excited) - the Co8 NPCs (Roland and Pishella) do NOT have these dlg lines as there seemed no point in recording them way back when.

@Sitra Achara - give me a heads up when you release this in a version of Temple+ and I will test it.

August likes this.
  2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

You can grab the latest dev build and test it right now :)
    The official release will take some time I'm afraid, still not stable enough.

August likes this.
  3. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

4. Sitra Achara

Heads up :D New release! Fancy official announcement incoming...

Long in the making, v1.0.86 & its baby brother v1.0.87 bring forth a slew of quality fixes, including several sporadic crash issues that finally got smacked thanks to the new automated playtesting system.

[​IMG]
    Some highlights:
    * Party banter is finally fixed!
    ToEE always had party banter of sorts - nothing really major, just flavor comments on some landmarks. Sadly even that was just broken at the engine level: you could enable it, but the option would reset itself when you loaded a save, and even then you'd almost never get to hear the NPC voiced comments (it would virtually always pick your PCs to comment instead, i.e. generic voiceless comments).
    [​IMG]
    Almost twenty years later, it is finally fixed! Don't expect anything on par with Planescape or anything like that, but it's a nice touch.
    To enable, go to the ingame options menu -> preferences -> tick Party Banter (voice)

* Control NPCs in combat!
    [​IMG]
    Perfect for masochists! Also for some makeshift hotseat action :D

* New house rule options, including: NPC stat boost - for extra difficulty; Party dialogue skillchecks - because sozzy?

* Tons of new (optional) content by fellow modders doug, Sagenlicht, Pygmy and dolio: 40+ new spells, 3 new prestige classes (Abjurant Champion, Stormlord, Ultimate Magus), 7 new feats, and 4 new craftable item enchantments. As usual enable with Non-Core Materials option.

* If you can't beat em, join em - you too can now play as a Bugbear! (enabled via Monstrous Races option, of course)

For the full changelog:
    https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TemplePlus/wiki/Changelog#v1087-released-2022-09-12

Isewein, August, anatoliy and 5 others like this.
  5. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Alleluia!

How fares progress on Marshal & Warlock?

6. Sitra Achara

I'm working on finishing Dragon Disciple right now. It's almost ready, the missing part is the natural attacks part. Or rather, overhauling the engine to mix natural and weapon attacks.

Those two are next after that when Sagenlicht jumps back into the fray.

August and anatoliy like this.
  7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If Critical Role has taught me one thing, it's that Warlocks only know two words... Eldritch Blaaaaassst!!!

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Nicely done, I'll certainly give it a go.

9. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Glad you managed to machete your way through the undergrowth of the party banter mystery jungle. This calls for a replay!

10. kovat

kovat Member

Why don't monster PC races start at level 1? They can not develop along with the party this way.

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

When using Monsters as PC's they have an added Effective Class Level (ECL) adjustment to account for the extra abilities they gain over a Core Race. Starting at level 1 they gain all the benefits from being a Monster of their type, and the Class abilities that a Core Race PC would gain at level 1, but they cannot advance in level again until they have reached the XP bracket for the next Class Level+ECL.
    https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monstersAsRaces.htm#startingLevelofaMonsterPC

anatoliy likes this.
  12. Sitra Achara

Like Alyx said, that's how the rules are. It's pretty easy to mod however if you're so inclined.

anatoliy likes this.
  13. kovat

kovat Member

Okay, thanks.
    Minor text/rule error: I noticed that the bugbear description says -2 Charisma penalty, but actually Intelligence is decreased by 2.

14. datakurs

datakurs Member

Two buggish explorations:
    - when I buy at least one item in the shop map, save the game, then reload, party gold varies in a random way.
    - during monstrous character creation, every next step varies HP in a random way.

15. datakurs

datakurs Member

One more:
    When recruiting Otis for the second time, his armour and sword duplicates in his inventory.

Our Host!