What's up with this Falrinth guy???

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by BoogieMan, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Member

This guy is getting on my nerves, before he ever casts a spell my people can't cast any. It just acts like it was fizzled. Somehow, it even makes potions fizzle and not work. My disabled char was attempting to drink a potion, it fizzled somehow, and then he got extertion and died instantly thereafter instead of falling unconcious. wtf???

He used like 3 items before he ever casts spells so what is it that keeps my people from using spells or potions? Dispelling Falrinth or the area does nothing.

What's going on?

2. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

The spells are fizziling because they are 3rd level or lower. He has cast Lesser Globe of Invulnerability which prevents spell effects below level 3 from occuring.

The way this spell works in TOEE is that it creates a 5 foot globe around him.

If you are within that range then your spells fail.

I am pretty sure that is what happened to you.

- Livonya

3. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Member

Hmm, something is wrong then.

My mage who was way across the room, at least 50ft from him couldn't cast any spells. On top of that - I don't see how that would make potions fizzle.

soo.. Something looks wrong.

4. Savonarollo

Savonarollo Member

maybe he uses a "silence" spell with extended area effect.

5. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Member

I've moved my mage far away as you can in that area and still fizzle city.
    And again, silence wouldn't make potions fizzle.

6. Livonya

Boogieman -

There is a known bug, well known by me at least.

Here is what happens.

If Lesser Globe of Invulnerability is in-effect and the NPC with this spell cast gets a special crittical hit animation or is they get a coup de grace animation then the Globe dissappears and all NPCs/PCs standing within 5 feet of the situation get Globe of Invulnerability placed on them.

I will take a look at Falrinth, but my suspicion is that this bug hit you.

I will have to wait and see if other people report the same problem.

- Livonya

7. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Member

Well, he's a caster type and he never performed any attacks when this happend on 4 attempts. He was still doing buffs to himself. I really have no idea what is going on with him. But if a globe stops potions and spells far, far, outside it's area of influence, and none of the causes you described happened then it must be something else.

EDIT: I do remember this happening before on my first few runs through the game(before I played with mods) so it's not something you did, Livonya.

8. Livonya

Yeah, this is the problem.

If any PC/NPC gets a Critical Hit or a Coup De Grace animation on a target that has Globe of Invulnerability then the animation for Globe of Invulnerability disappears and everyone in 5 feet gets a Globe of Invulnerability effect on them.

If any PC/NPC gets a Critical Hit or a Coup De Grace animation while they have Globe of Invulnerability cast on them then the animation for Globe of Invulnerability disappears and everyone in 5 feet gets a Globe of Invulnerability effect on them.

I have yet to find a fix for this.

My suggestion is that anytime you see Globe of Invulnerability cast then just watch the battle. If someone gets a Critical Hit or a Coup De Grace animation then you know there is a problem.

I wish I could help more than that.

- Livonya

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I have heard of this bug, never seen it (I murder him good n kwik), may I suggest that his capacity to cast 'Globe of Inviolatableness' simply be removed and a similar buff be added? Ummm of course the question as to what a similar defensive spell might be is open... but it beats having a bug in there.

10. Livonya

Not really possible. The problem is that Globe of Invulnerabilty is one of the best defensive spells. I just don't think the high level mages can survive without this spell.

- Livonya

Our Host!