Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 29, 2016.
Hi, I can't replicate either of these issues. Can you send a savegame demonstrating these?
Hi, They went away when I updated and did a De-frag
Yes, here are the files, with two sample custom items: a blue and a red bikini.
I put them into Shop Map Clothing Chest #1 for your convenience.
I changed the basic, unequipped skin to nude for human male and human female.
These items appear as bikinis on females and loincloths on males.
Blue Bikini is a new proto entry (#6722), its .mdf and .tga files are located in data/art/meshes/armor/loincloth. When CO8 is installed but Temple+ is not, this item works perfectly: you can equip it and the PC's skin changes correctly. However when you install Temple+, Blue Bikini can still be placed in your inventory, but when equipped, the skin remains nude.
For comparison, Red Bikini is placed in an existing proto entry (#6009), overwriting the data of Druidic Hide Armor. Files are located in data/art/meshes/armor/druidic_hide (Note that I extracted this folder from toee1.dat). I had to keep the original .mdf filenames in order to make my custom items work correctly, so you will find the paths for the custom .tgas in hide_F_human.mdf and hide_M_human.mdf.
When Temple+ is installed, Red Bikini works correctly, but I had to sacrifice Druidic Hide Armor for it, as all my custom items change the skin only when placed on an existing proto entry. All items with entry number over 6720 are invisible.
A different question: is there any file that customizes random encounter monster groups? I failed to find any.
Some bugs / virtual inconsistencies for a future release:
- creatures charmed by summoned lamia remain charmed forever; when they die, they must rot until disappeared to get rid of them (it was mentioned before in an other thread)
- PCs charmed by hostile lamia also remain charmed after the lamia is killed (this must be tested, I just remember this way)
- at Welkwood Crypt, there is a fur cloak on the ground, can be seen only with Tab key; I don't know if it's intentional
- at Temple level 3, there are 2 leucrottas to the northeast; I think they should be hostile instead of peaceful
- while Paida is in the party, all hostile monsters are just waiting instead of attacking (there is also a thread for it)
- charmed creatures disappear from the party when you meet the rangers of the Countess Tilahi, or the knights of Prince Thrommel, or the adventurer group, when they exit the map; only blue circles remain after the charmed creatures
- if Smigmal is charmed when the fungus goddess dies, she is removed from the party as this is consistent with her fate described in one of the ending slides; however, as the Verbobonc expansion starts, there is a blue circle in her place (I suspect this would happen with all other characters who are not supposed to survive the original endgame but you keep them charmed in your party - e.g. temple leaders)
- pirates' alignment is neutral; evil would fit better
- once you loot Hedrack's lackeys then wait for the corpses being disappeared, their equipment reappears to the ground again, can be picked up for a second time
- Terjon should take "Ragged note to Terjon" as well when his pendant is delivered
Currently you have to edit random_encounter.py. However someone recently started work on RE customization packs, so there's a chance you'll get something like that sooner or later.