Release: Dllfix11

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Spellslinger, Sep 20, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

Update for the bonus spell slot fix:
    -TOEE gives you bonus spells for spell levels you have not yet access to, allowing you to put lower lvl spells in there. I changed my onRest surplus spell removal to cover this. TOEE will still display them as empty slots and lets you fill them, but after rest the illegal slots are empty once again.

V11 also includes a limit worldmap fix:
    -adds the possibility to add up to 6 new travel locations to the game (but without clickable icons on the map, you can access them over the known locations list on the worldmap screen)

BEWARE! Because the game now has to keep track of more known locations, I had to change the save/load routines for savegames. And that means all old savegames will be rendered unusable with this dll. If you still have games going on you want to finish up, don't use this for now. The new locations (speak Verbobonc and Hickory Branch) still need quite some work on behalf of the modders until they can be correctly travelled to. But should you be on the verge of starting a new game, I'd recommend using this dll. It is fully functional even though the new locations are not completely integrated.

Note to the modders:
    I have hacked up a little console app that gives you the possibility to patch the dll according to your location changes, instead of me having to do it all by hand everytime. This tool is released in an extra thread.

http://files.co8.org/mods/dllfix11.rar

P.S. This is the heaviest modification to the dll so far, so I might have overseen possible problems. Feedback and testing... ;)

2. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Wowza!!

Nice going Spellslinger!!:thumbsup:

This is yet another major step forward on the modding frontier. At this rate soon the only remaining limitation will be our imaginiations. :)

Cuchulainn.

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Incredible! You deserve an appelation far superior to "Lizard Man."

"Reptile God" comes to mind...:grin:

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

How about "DLL Hacker Extrordinaire?"

Great work, Spellslinger!

5. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Very, very sweet work - but I can't download it atm. Someone please tell me that this isn't a hoax ;)

6. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

I'm pretty sure it's not a hoax, Spellslinger has been pestering me to test it but I've been too busy with real life stuff. (kids)

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I tested the pre-prerelease version, and can confirm there are no hoaxes here, I've yet to test the fixes posted above, but from what I've seen, i'm very impressed. :)

8. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

I can download the file without problems. Are you saying you tried the link and it didn't work, or are you just not able to download it because of your internet problems? :confused:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  9. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Tested this tonight and it works lovely! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Very well done Spellslinger.

10. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Problems my end and nowhere else ;)

Really want to test this though. Meh. Might go and 'lend' a friend's internet access for a few hours as there's a lot a need to download... :dance:

11. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Not sure whether this is a known issue, but if you load a game on a random encounter map and then travel to any of the new areas (Verbobonc, Verbobonc Cave exterior, Hickory Branch) the game will crash.

ToEE tries to make a beeline path to the location when it's not the original destination. To that end it tries to retrieve the (x,y) coords; however, for the new locations this is undefined in the travel function, so it uses an uninitialized value.
    Based on the deltaXY, it can calculate a very high number of trail dots, and subsequently crashes when it overflows the traildot widget buffer.

(Fixed in next Temple+.)

12. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Good to know, thanks!

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Wait so this only happens if you LOAD a saved game that was saved on a RE map? I seem to remember it being one of the quirks that you don't save ToEE on a RE map (like you don't save in a fight). These quirks are there for a reason!

14. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I have often saved games in the middle of combat, and on random encounter maps, and have had no problems. I use Co8 NC and Temple+. Perhaps temple+ has fixed the issue?

15. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

While Temple+ has certainly fixed a lot of crash issues, by no means does is cover all of them... this issue being one such example, which I have discovered and fixed only recently. It's quite situational though so you may have just been lucky enough not to trigger it.

anatoliy likes this.
Our Host!