Zaxis Sister Bug

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kurt, Nov 3, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Yes, we're talking at crosspurposes I think :)

I was referring solely to a community decision on whether or not to implement things to work on the entire party or solely on the group leader. It is a major gameplay decision and one perhaps we should be seeking some backing for from the community as a whole. I'm very conscious of this because of the days I put in fiddling with the Lubash-style scripting with Blue.

The CMF thread is very different from this. I have every faith in Allyx, just as I did in Maggit and Blue and Ruf to do the best thing they can with it.

I totally agree that committees are not worthwhile on every minor and niggling issue. But for broader guidance, sometimes a public vote can be useful so that modders remain in touch with those who play the game.

Definitely a misunderstanding I think, so apologies :)

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I have no problem with that. Poll/discuss away! :)

3. Smythers00

Smythers00 Member

Sorry to revive this thread, but another ToEE noob needs some information :)

Fist, has this Zaxis sister bug been fixed with the CMF patch? I searched the CMF discussion thread for Zaxis and didn't find anything regarding the sister bug.

Second, has anyone looked at solving this bug for when Zaxis is within the party? Currently I have him in my party, and I think that the moment I found his sister's robe and letter that it should have triggered his dialogue. This of course, is assuming that the modding community took up the challenge of fixing this item.

4. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I don't have an answer to your question, sorry. But my party spokesperson had to have the Hill Giant's head in her inventory before the Hommlet blacksmith would sell masterwork items. It wouldn't work when the head was in someone else's inventory.

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Smythers00,

Did you try talking to Zaxis after finding the note? I am not sure if there was ever a "fix" put in as there was some dissention as to whether it was actually a bug (the dialog works fine if the person with the letter talks to Zaxis, it only didn't work if the letter was on another person.) Even if Zaxis is in the party, you may have to talk to him to get the resolution. I don't really know as I've never kept him in my party, but I'd try that.

6. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I found the sister's note, put into NPC inventory, talked to Zaxis, and dialog went normally. Then, after adding him, I realized I can't get rid of him!!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

There are old threads on the non-removeable Zaxis from some time ago. There was also an "invisible" Zaxis that accompanied the party. It seemed there were additional issues that involved spoilers, so I found it hard to understand. :wave:

8. Basil the Timid

I am not concerned. There is more than one way to "remove" an NPC.

9. Smythers00

Smythers00 Member

I've tried talking to Zaxis, I've made sure the items were in the person's inventory, heck, I even tried it in Zaxis' inventory.

Nothing.

As for removing NPC's from the party, I wish there was an easy way to do this... like going to the inn to change up your own PC Party, the NPC could stay there.

10. Basil the Timid

Why does Zaxis know so many spells? Is it because he would suck so much more without them???

0 level - missing 1
    1st level - excess 1
    2nd level - excess 3

11. Basil the Timid

Zaxis goes somewhere if you don't take him into your party?

12. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Yes. But the spoiler was removed by Krunch. You must be taking Zaxis into your party EVERY time.

Hint: You would see him again soon after the Moathouse was clear. ;)

13. Basil the Timid

I don't get it. How can you take him EVERY time? He won't leave without the console. I'd appreciate a PM when someone has a chance. I think my party ran into him 3 times before taking him in when party was level 9 or 10 starting on Temple 4.

Our Host!