You're gonna kill me for this...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Lasiurus, Dec 27, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lasiurus

Lasiurus Member

So I'm pretty much a noob to the whole D&D rules and Neverwinter Nights style of games. I've been a noob for about 3 years now...and probably be a noob forever... Anyway, Being a fan of H&S Old Diablo that Blizzard thought me, I consider myself very open-minded trying to fit in this complex universe of "attacks of oportunity", "feats", "Charisma"...etc.

This game seems to me like quite an amazing one. Up to now... I have no complaints. But one. I don't know what sort of profanity is it going to be for me to ask this but, after summing the random values given in the dice rolls at the atributes screen, and finding out that the results vary, I have a simple question.: Is there a way to place the atribute points myself rather than having to do those random dice-rolls? Am I crazy for asking this? Is there a cheat to make it so? Is this a dumb questi0on and I deserve to burn in the eternal flames of...I don't know...oblivion???:sweatdrop :sweatdrop :sweatdrop

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

How can anyone possibly flame you after that? :)

Click on the tab that says "Advanced" below the "Roll" button. This will put you into point buy mode, where you can buy the stats you want for each attribute.

Now here is the trick, or "cheat". Before you click that tab, hit the Roll button once. Look at the boxes that have the roll results, and fix their position on the screen in your mind. When you click on the Advanced tab, those boxes will disappear, but they are still there. You won't be able to see them, but you can still drag the numbers in them to the attribute score boxes, and vice versa. Once you spend all your points, you can drag the scores back to those boxes, click on the Basic tab, then click on the Advanced tab again and drag the scores back to the attribute score boxes and have another 25 points to spend.

3. webusver

webusver Established Member

There are three ways for you:
    1.) "Burn in eternal flames" and roll till you drop to get the best combination.
    2.) Use point buy system of NWN-style and then "burn in eternal flames" during the whole game when you see how often your heroes will fail.
    3.) Use any free downloaded Hex editor to edit attributes (it's easy) and your cheater soul will "burn in eternal flames" for doing this.

"So, until the next time, have a good sin!" :)

Our Host!