Your Favorite ToEE Quest/Plotline/Scenario/Battle

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gaear, Aug 17, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Azured

Azured Lethal but deadly.

Of course, you and General Ghoul are both absolutely right about this.

But that is not the point.

By the time you would get a hill giant head from the temple you will already have plenty of magical weapons and armour gathered from loot, and therefore most of Brother Smythe's masterwork stuff is rather redundant.

What I'm aiming at here is that it would just add to the immersion of the game to have someone drop a hint about where to find a hill giant to slay. At the moment it feels a bit like "Dang, I really need to find a hill giant! Of how convenient, out of nowhere there's one on the same area where I'm questing at this level anyway!" It just seems a bit cheesy.

Also, I've had many playthroughs where I haven't had a single random encounter with hill giants. IIRC, there was some talk and documentation that the random encounter system would be improved, could someone enlighten me about what exactly has happened?

2. Osaka

Osaka Member

I've gotten a few random ones with giants, usually they have 3 brown bears with them making it a bit of a challenge as long as you don't use magic to nuke em to death. I agree that if possible that it would be great if the random encounter scaled with the groups level. After lvl 7 or 8 encounters don't even give experience when you're still fighting hobgoblins or lizards. I need that experience from the random encounters to help my crafters catch up to the rest of the group since they're always 5k-10k or more behind the fighters and other non magical characters.

Our Host!