WTF happened to the Troika people?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Daniel, Oct 25, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Argh. Sorry to hear about the wildfire.

I'll just jump on the fan bandwagon; Troika did great work, and I was sorry to see it go. I still play Arcanum every now and again, and ToEE is a great way to kill some down time (and bugbears).

Thanks for posting. :)

2. smoret

smoret Member

Troika never went bankrupt. Infact, I don't think we ever went into the red or missed a payroll. Finding 3rd party contracts for a niche RPGs isn't an easy task. When it came down to it I'm glad Tim, Leon, and Jason decided to close the doors rather than string people along without pay or hope.

Also, Black Isle wasn't really a company, they were just the name of a division of Interplay. I'm not sure if Interplay declared bankruptcy but its french parent company Titus was planning on declaring bankruptcy at some point. They had lots of debt.

Many people from Interplay (a lot from the BlackIsle division) moved over to Obsidian Entertainment. Whose Neverwinter Nights 2 should be out in stores soon.

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Thanks for ToEE, Steve! We wish things coulda been different & all, but...we know how that went down. We appreciate what you all gave it in the time that was allotted. Hopefully, it will live on to ever greater gaming glory here; and maybe get a few companion dungeon modules to go with it!

4. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Yeah and except for Hogs.... they make the best bikes out there.

5. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

Steve Moret! Now I can add to my list of 'where have the Troikians gone':biggergri

Seriously, thanks to you and the guys at Troika, I have three favourite games. The only problem is that no more like them will be seen for some time I am guessing. Hope your having fun over there with Garriot and co (or is he in Korea now...).

Garriot. Theres another bugger who would be good for a new RPG. Yes indeed.

In any case,

Your ok in my book mang. Hope to one day see your name on an RPG rap sheet again.

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Hey Steve, if you want, your assistance to help us mod the KotB module would be greatly appreciated. If you wanted to help, you could use another [discrete] sign-on name. *hint*
    :)

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Yeah...like no one'd be able to figure THAT out, Kap'n Obvious!
    :shame:

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I was joking, Spike. I would not expect Steve to want to start modding ToEE unless he of his own accord would come forward and offer assistance without being asked, and he has not done that.

9. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Wow, thanks for posting this info, Steve! It's really great to see you post on these boards, and it's sure wonderful to know where Troika members are and what they are doing. I wish you all the best of luck, guys, you are the best! It's sad that Troika is no more and we won't see any more of the classic D&D CRPGs like ToEE, but I'm sure you'll make an invaluable contribution to all those companies you listed.

- Agetian

10. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

This topic has gone too far off-topic to be continued. If you'd like to keep speaking on modern game trends and old game preferences, please do it in the new threads over at General Discussion. Thanks.

Closed.

- Agetian

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Cleaned up the off-topic stuff and moved it to this thread.

- Gaear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!