Written Let's Play TOEE Blog - Ironman w/no reload

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SebCain, Nov 23, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. SebCain

SebCain Member

Hey guys :) I've been loving this game so much that I've sort of written a blog describing my travels and adventures. I don't think any other game has come so close to recreating the PnP days of old so I wanted to give a little back. Great job with this mod - it's more amazing than words can say and provided hours of entertainment.

If you're interested, please follow the link and check it out :) Tell me what you think as well :)

http://lptoee.wordpress.com/

and if you're using an ipad or smaller screen, here's the other one:

http://lptoee2.wordpress.com/

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Ha - I saw this at RPGCodex. I was going to mention it here but I noted that you said somewhere you might share it with us yourself, so I didn't want to steal your thunder as it were.

I have to say this is extremely well-done, and not simply because you're generally complimentary to the mod. Too often (or basically, always), Let's Plays are done with a disappointingly self-conscious point of view, wherein the author seems afraid to let on that he may actually be enjoying the proceedings and instead falls back on tiresome humor and condescension in order to reassure all the readers that he or she is above the experience. What fun is that, except in a really baseline sense?

You instead immerse yourself in the experience, something that is all the more important in ToEE since so much of the story has to be supplied by the player in order to be really successful. Many people over the years have interpreted this as a failure on Troika's part, while others (myself included) see it moreso as a result of the free-form nature of the game - reflective of real D&D. Gygax and company didn't tell you stories; instead they provided settings in which to form your own stories.

Anyways, bravo to you sir, and thanks for playing the mod. And to everyone here, I highly recommend this. Grab a cup of coffee, relax, and settle in a for an enjoyable ride to the Temple and beyond. + :thumbsup:

3. SebCain

SebCain Member

Wow, what an awesome reply - I thank you sir! This has made my week and inspired me to write many more chapters....

(You nailed it on the head btw about PnP gaming, this game, and just about everything you said - I feel the same way).

4. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

Very Cool, I enjoyed reading your tale.

5. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Excellent tale. I look forward to chapter 11. How often do you post updates?

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Same here, hurry up and post the next chapter in this ever so intriguing tale!

BTW, my PnP group just finished fighting Lareth and I have to say that he's a LOT tougher with a DM controlling him and his minions.

7. SebCain

SebCain Member

Each one takes a few hours to complete and it's just finding the time to do them; but it's been one or two a week consistently now for the last few weeks.

Thank you all for the feedback :) It's that people enjoy it that keeps the motivation and inspration coming and the tales. Just completed Chapter 11 and I think it's the best yet. The best way to keep up would be to click the 'Follow Blog' on the blog site and that way you'll know when a new one is posted. Enjoy!

http://lptoee.wordpress.com/

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I can't believe this Let's Play may actually make it to the Temple, lol. Usually they don't.

Good update. :thumbsup:

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I for one, hope he continues on through his entire campaign.

I'm having a lot of fun reading his take on things ... and I thought I was the only one who had these kind of thoughts when playing. ;)

Our Host!