WoW!.. SCI-FI Battlestar Galactica & Dr Who

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by krunch, Feb 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

UFO was great: I had the Interceptor and the mobile rocket launcher thingy toys when I was a kid. I replaced the spring on the rocket launcher and had a 'take-your-eye-out' weapon any child would be proud of :D I was recently offered $200 a piece for them by a restorer / collector, but meh, they're family now.

The DS9 episodes that blew me away are the one where the head guy's [Edit: Benjamin's] kid (the budding journo) lives out the rest of his life thinking he has caused his father's death and you see him ruin his whole future trying to fix it (before he does at the end, they travel back in time or something, and there is a happy ending and all is as normal) and the one where the Kira's old squad of freedom fighters is murdered one by one until only she is left: damn, what an episode that was. And this was before the war on terror... the moment where she snaps and screams, "you were an occupying force, you were ALL legitimate targets!" at her Cardassian captor was the absolute essence of drama.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

When I mentioned the Dominion earlier I was referring to season 3 when Capt Sisko was involved in keeping peace in the Gamma Quadrant, that's where the Dominion rule with force using their Jem'Hadar soldiers, (weird looking chemically dependent killing machines)

ps......told ya my Star Trek geekness was showing :)

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

TOS Trek is famous for the fist interracial kiss on TV. While trying to recall my other favorite DS9 episode, I recollected the kiss between Jadzia Dax & a former lover of Curzon Dax. True Trek geeks will know that Curzon was male, but Jadzia wasn't. So, Curzon's old love interest was a female. Though not quite first in this particular area, it was among the first...and definetly a Trek first. And no, they weren't faking it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  4. sirchet

Wasn't Kerzon Dax a Klingon........Sisco called him "old man".

5. Lord_Spike

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  6. sirchet

Got it. The episode "Blood Oath" is what threw me off, I just assumed he was a Klingon, being the god father of the Klingon ambassadors children and all. Thanks for the link :)

7. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

O man, that made me scream! God bless YouTube, how did we ever live without it??

"Chad has a date" :icon_chuc

9. Lord_Spike

The Gorn are well known for their strength & toughness; speed, on the other hand is somewhat lacking. I was thinking that he'da taken Kirk's neck out with that mouth full of tiny fangs when he had the chance...perhaps he thought taste would be a problem?

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Since we're on about Star Trek, don't forget the original series' 'lost episode.' (And no, this isn't that phony one you might be familiar with from the net.) I always found this episode fascinating in that it explored elements of Kirk and Spock's character that were never really revealed throughout the series proper.

Audio only outtakes can be found here.

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

StarGate1 TV series comes to an end on broadcast television.
    -> StarGate1 Cast Farewells

Two new StarGate movies announced to be released on DVD [not to be shown in theaters] follow after series end of the StarGate1 TV show.

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The TRANSFORMERS movie starts today. I'll go see it this weekend. :D

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

now that looks awesome. I loved the original movie when I was 5 (and the cartoons).

btw did you know that the decepticons actually beat the autobots at the end of season 1 in the episode "A Plague of Insecticons". the autobots go into vehicle-mode to protect themselves from devastating lightning attacks (the idea being that the rubber tyers will insulate them) but if lightning has enough energy to arc the hundreds of feet from the clouds to the car, the couple of inches from the car to the ground are nothing.

14. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

This, unlike Fantastic Four 2, might be a good film
    to watch... Of course I still have to see Shrek 3...
    (in theatres from 29th June). Hope it'll be as good
    as the previous ones.

15. Lord_Spike

Our Host!