World Map

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by pippetta, Sep 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. pippetta

pippetta Member

Now that u are able to hack temple.dll, could u add Hickory Branch, Verbonic, the Drow grove (the one after the motthouse re - spawned)... to the world map? it would be a nice "integrating" modding... Assuming it is possible...

PS as i know notthing aout modding, i just keep on giveing Ideas...

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Perhaps... yes we may well be able to add a new game area or 2: theoretically it should be reasonably straightforward. Add game area, attach maps to game area (supposedly in maplist.mes though I have my doubts) and then hack the graphics files to make it show up. Theoretically we can do it all, yes, if someone could work out how to hack them into the .dll; 2 would do it, one for Verbobonc and one for the Gnarley forest

Someone? Anyone? ;)

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Hickory Branch [located in the Gnarley Forest] should only be available where it is shown on the World Map [only] after the first time a party has used the parchment map to get to Hickory Branch. (A party has to receive and use the parchment map to get there the first time.)

4. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

There is precedent for locations not showing on the world map until an item is received. Just like the map that you can get in the waterside hostel, it will place the temple on your map if nobody has told you where it is yet.

5. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

A good idea, which I'd thought of before. I'd do it myself but I have no idea how mod...I probably couldn't make an extra kid in Hommlett, never mind add things to the map.
    :-x

It'd be very helpful if someone could do this though ;)

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Krunch, if it came to pass that Hickory Branch (Verbobonc, or the Gnarley Wood for that matter) were added (with game.area numbers) to the worldmap altering the parchment to use a different command (travel_by_dialogue instead of game.fade_and_teleport) would be a small thing to do, with the side effect of having random encounters on the way ;)

Our Host!