Wizard Hat Color Switch-a-roo

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Blackbelt Jones, Dec 23, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Blackbelt Jones

Blackbelt Jones Member

Hi All,

I noticed something interesting that I have not been able to fix via the Protos. Loading the Co8 mod via the latest front end install, it seems as if the wizard hat is now permanently black and red... however, if you run the standard Toee module via the front end (i.e. unmodded version), the hat is back to its usual blue-gray color.

I thought that maybe a model or color had inadvertently been altered in the protos... so I checked it out. To my surprise, the model, icon, and color are the same in the modded co8 protos and the original Toee protos.

I have a clean install and all the proper patches, including those from the renegade mod thread installed in the proper order (I have been lurking here for some time, so I am familiar with the routine - brilliant work on TOEE by the way).

Any thoughts?

Edit: Oh, an Merry Christmas from Downtown Chicago. :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  2. Blackbelt Jones

Blackbelt Jones Member

To help me verify this isn't local to my machine...

Part One
    1) Start the Front End and load the standard (i.e. the non C08) TOEE module
    2) Pick a character/pre-made and start a new game (doesn't matter what character) or load an existing game
    3) Open the consol (SHIFT ~) and type "give 6038" You should now be the proud owner of a standard Gandalf syle blue-gray wizard hat (have your character put it on to verify!)

Part Two
    1) Quit the game and re-start the Front End; this time, choose the Co8 module.
    2) Pick a character/pre-made and start a new game (doesn't matter what character) or load an existing game
    3) Open the consol (SHIFT ~) and type "give 6038" You now have a "Witch" style wizard hat: black with a red band (have your character put it on to verify!)

Comparison
    Now, if you open the Co8 Protos AND the original, unmodded Protos to compare them side-by-side, you will note that BOTH Protos files have the SAME model (1254), icon (32) and color (4900) assigned to the Wizard Hat (6038)... but they give totally different results when you start the game!

How can that be? I am stumped! This is a minor thing, to be sure... but I do love that Gandalf blue-gray Wizard hat!

Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed some light on this, or point me to how I can fix it.

Cheers,

BBJ

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I thought Cujo changed the hat to black . . .

Personally I'd like to have both models available - plus some royal blue and purple wizard robes. The original art only seemed to provide baby-blue anything. :thumbsdow

4. Blackbelt Jones

Blackbelt Jones Member

Thanks for the heads-up Gaear. :)

If it was changed, does anyone know how would I go about changing it back for my game?(and Gaear, I could e-mail you my change if you wish)

I am not asking for a general/public fix, just basic instructions on how to filp it back (I am getting better at self modding this game all the time). Unfortunatly, per my posts above, my protos ticks don't seem to be working... does this have something to do with the Mesh files?

Danke!

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Open your data/art/helms folder and delete the file called wizardhat_ground.tga, that should revert the hat to it's original state. Cujo said recently that he's adding new wizard hats to match the new robes he's made.

6. Blackbelt Jones

Blackbelt Jones Member

Allyx,

Brilliant! That did the trick... back to the Gandalf-stylee hat. Thank you Gaear and Allyx, and a Merry Christmas to you both!

Cheers from the Windy City... :wavey:

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Cujo's a busy fella, but Royal Blue stuff should certainly be doable now the cape is there.

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

more stuff for the ToDo list

Our Host!