Wish List for Modpack 8 and up

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aquinas, Oct 30, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Legless

Legless Established Member

I don't know if its been brought up b4 but If recritable npc info could be made visible i.e. alignment, class, stats etc that would be a major improvement. At the moment I tend to forget what class I've made and have to look at skills spells etc to see what they are. The 2 sisters that were in bondage, (don't even go there) to various people in Nulb don't want any share in the loot. I don't know if this is intentional, but if not it could be corrected for ver 8.0 lots of NC please. At the moment you effectively get 2 new characters for 1000 gold and you can build them into want your heart desires and they don't even want paying. If you can see their stats on levelling it should be possible, I would have thought, to view their character information at other times.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

We're going to downgrade those to +2 next time around, btw. Reasons being that Greyhawk is supposed to be low magic, there are only +1 versions of most of them (big jump), and they appear to have further crafting issues.

3. silo25

silo25 Established Member

greyhawk is low magical (claimed by some greyhawk fans)? but tensor himself said "Of all probable worlds of this sort, Oerth is most magical. There are fewer constraints on dweomercrafting and other spell-working here than on other planes of probability.

Birthright is a low fantasy setting. The Forgotten Realms is a high fantasy setting. Greyhawk falls in between

I pulled out my living greyhawk gazetter [3.5], which states on page 2 "the craft and persistence of magic defines the nature of oerth and continues with ... few worlds boast the magical profundity of Oerth"

so i disagree with you G man!

4. tom

tom Established Member

I am more than happy to have weapons up to + 5.

What makes me sad is that by the time i have got some powerful weapons i have actually killed everything - apart from Luz who kills me.

More high power encounters - would be good.

I would also like some cheese on toast - i know that this is unlikely to be available with a mod pack - but i really fancy some cheese on toast and i am out of bread.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Being that that the original module was to bring you no higher than level 10, I can see why nothing more than +3weapons were made available.

The new content allows us to reach epic levels, well the first epic level and it would make sense for these Demi-God characters to have appropriate equipment.

I just think it should be rather difficult to obtain.

6. Gaear

You can always craft it yourself too. Another issue with the +4 stuff that gazra reported is that attempting to enhance them further results in them being reduced to +3. That may be an engine error, don't really know.

And yet we don't see +4 and +5 weapons spammed throughout ToEE. There aren't even any +2 versions of those (yet).

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade with this, but we do have a duty to show some restraint. The mark of reckless modders is to populate worlds with uber items. ;)

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

So, my dream of having a +10 Vorpal Spoon of Hobbit Castration is out of the picture?

8. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Surely the whole problem is with weapon/armour crafting? +4 weapons are especially valuable because they were forged by someone with access to now forgotten lore. What's the point in rewarding people with +2 weapons (unless you are going to nerf the crafting system so even these are beyond pc's capabilities)?

9. Gaear

I don't follow ... you're asking what's the point in giving away free +2 weapons? I would personally be delighted to receive one anytime anyone wanted to give me one. :)

10. Pygmy

Any party above 9th level with a spellcaster would have started crafting their own +3 weapons. The real strength of the Hero's Shield as a reward is its uniqueness.

A +4 weapon is weak compared to a +3 holy,axiomatic,keen, icy burst ranseur but you aren't going to get one anywhere else...

Unfortunately a +2 weapon is just 8052gps unless your party is spellcasterless.

11. Gaear

Would you rather receive 8052 gp or not receive 8052 gp? ;) Also getting a +2 weapon at least gives you the jump on having to craft those two plusses. Also you won't run into bugs trying to craft the +4s.

Most all of the reward items are unique (magical 'gnome hooked hammer') in that they don't exist anywhere else in the game, unlike the truck loads of magic longswords.

12. Pygmy

Can I take you'll be toning down Meleny's dowry to something like a silver light mace?

13. Gaear

Why would we do that?

14. Pygmy

Sorry I was just imaging you'd want some relationship between risk and reward.

Rather than a +2 weapon what about a +1 weapon that re-rolls 1 failed critical hit confirmation roll per day as per the Luck Domain power? or adds 1D6 to rogue sneak damage or +1 to charisma modifier for Divine Grace and Laying on of hands or adds -1 or -2 to spell DCs?

15. Gaear

Those are good ideas. I'd be open to that sort of thing if you can propose something specific that is doable. I lack imagination for that sort of stuff, lol.

Our Host!