Wish List for Modpack 8 and up

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aquinas, Oct 30, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. zugschef

zugschef Established Member

hi there :)

what i'd really like are more spells (especially high level ones) and more magic items and arms/armor enchantments (especially wilding clasps for druids who lose the benefit of their eq as soon as they wildshape (very annoying -> spell preparation)). in addition you should be able to add enchantments which simply provide enhancement bonuses to ability scores, deflection or resistance bonuses, to items which actually do something other than keep you relevant numbers-wise. the game (especially combat) becomes pretty monotonous once you acquire 8th level spells.

another thing which i never understood: why can't you just use enchantment spells on people you're talking to? casting charm person on some indifferent dude should make him tell you everything you want to know; casting dominate should make even hostile creatures open up.

[edit] wizards should be able to copy spells from each others spellbook, btw.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. biobaba

biobaba Member

If possible I do hope Co8 finishes the work of KOTB after ToEE 8.0.0 patch

3. twisty

twisty Morose Marauder

Probably not for the Co8 modpack, but some of the creatures that I would love to encounter in this engine are:
    • Hook Horrors
    • Lich
    • Beholder (a real one)
    • Basilisk
    • Manticore
    • Mind Flayer
    • Aboleths
    • Drider
    • Bebilith

You can see from the list that more of the Underdark is right at the top of my wishlist (dreamlist).

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Have you played the NC version?

The NC version has the dreaded basilisk and a few eye tyrants waiting to test your party's mettle.

5. veryfinemale

veryfinemale Member

My Wish:
    Perhaps this is overly wishful, but it is a wish

I wish some major company (bio ware) would hire Garer and others responsible for Co8
    Then they would make a new Turn based RPG game with 2012 (2013) technology.
    I am very grateful for the work Co8 has done, I love the turn based feel. In fact I can not play live action RPGs anymore.

My wish is Temple of Elemental evil would be COMPLETELY remade with many options (lots of classes/and prestige). All this with Modern up to date TURN BASED RPG. Then more and more expansions would be released with other classical modules as the base

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to play famous modules using this Turnbased system
    Keep on borderlands
    Tomb of Horrors
    Against the Giants
    And... for Epic levels Bloodstone modules......

That is my wish!!

6. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

I agree Gaear and the rest of the Co8 team have done a fantastic job.

You might want to have a look at www.chaos-chronicles.com I'll watching out for its release, as I think will a few others in these parts

7. veryfinemale

veryfinemale Member

NightCanon:
    Thanks for that tip
    Yes Chaos chronicles does seem very interesting

Is there a release date set for this?
    Estimated release date?

Thanks

8. sirchet

As nightcannon said, you can also google Project Eternity which is the names from Bio Ware we've all come to know making a turn based RPG to resemble the old feel of yesteryear's RPG's, you really have to see what they've done to appreciate it I think.

There are actually quite a few of the older style RPG's in the making from various devs, 2013/2014 WILL be the time of RPG's!

9. twisty

twisty Morose Marauder

I have indeed; up to version 7.3 I think. The only eye tyrantesque monster (beholder kin) I can think of is in the ice node. These can be challenging but not to the extent of a true beholder. Are there others?

On second thoughts I can remember encountering a basilisk but it was fairly underpowered if I recall correctly.

Oh, and while I'm on the job, some admantium golems. :mrhappy:

10. sirchet

I have to agree with you on that, but a true beholder would be more of a Boss type, don't you think?

Those ice guys are freaking tough!

11. maalri

maalri Immortal

MY wish list for the Mod Pack before it is completed consists of just one thing:

New familiars, maybe some that can fight or give the Mage more than 3 HP.

If I am not mistaken, Druid and Ranger Companions have been expanded upon, and may have even been upgraded.

I would LOVE to see ALL familiars give a range of bonus HP, perhaps 2-6. That way every single Mage/Sorcerer doesn't have a Toad. You could actually CHOOSE from those provided instead of taking virtually the only good one (let the arguments begin). I can name my Bullfrog (Mine is NOT a Toad) "Jeremiah" only so many times...

It would be very cool to see a Pseudodgragon familiar that gives some HP and +10 to Hide. Of course it has a poisonous stinger, too.

A wolf or even a Changecat or panther would be Bad A$$ familiars too.

Of course I KNOW that familiars are not supposed to be fighting types, but who hasn't played a fighting type familiar at least twice in their years of gaming?!

Even a Faerie Dragon, which is by no means a fighter, has euphoria gas "Can't we all just get along?" and would be awesome to add.

I mean, a chicken, really? I would be happier with twin chipmunks I could call Chip -n- Dale!

Thinks about it, O great Powers that be...

12. sirchet

... A VORPAL chicken that crits on 16!

13. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

Ditto on both counts. I never could stand the live action games, and I think that ToEE NC is pretty d... good!!

14. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

For 8.0, the final update.
    Tough one really. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd like to see more monsters, demons, that sort of thing in terms of enemies.
    Maybe more lawful enemies so anarchic weapons aren't actually wasted.
    Also, I'd definitely like to see the following in terms of classes:
    Barbarian gaining more barbarian stuff instead of just being a placeholder class.
    That's all really. I hate the fact that the barbarian is a transition class right now, and I know that CO8 doesn't have any dll modders on staff right now, but still.

15. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Originally posted by twisty:
    I've done the 'Monster Mash' combat (i.e. killing the Hextor cell in the Temple of Elemental Evil) quite a few times, and on one of those occasions, a Hextor Priest summoned a Bebilith for me to fight (see screenshot below).

Originally posted by sirchet:
    From what I've read on the Project Eternity website, the game is going to be a modern interpretation of all of those classic old computer games that used the Infinity game engine, which means that it will be a real-time (but pauseable with the spacebar) combat computer game. Correct me if I am wrong.

Gaear provided me with the following information on how to fight more Beholder-kin in the Co8 modpack NC:

Key:
    ===
    RE = random encounter
    SB = Scarlet Brotherhood
    IIRC = if I recall correctly

Originally posted by Gaear:
    Click on the following links to see screenshots of the random encounters with the Beholder-kin:

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/14/13683/sb_2.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/14/13683/sb_3.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/14/13683/sb_4.jpg

That Basilisk in the Moathouse Respawn was SUCH a disappointment for me! I can't remember if it is only a Lesser Basilisk, but I WISH that it had a petrifying special attack that turned characters who failed their Fortitude save to stone. Those basiliks in the Gold Box series of computer games and the computer game Baldur's Gate were SO scary!

I still have nightmares about fighting that Adamantine (Adamantium?) Golem in the computer game Baldur's Gate 2!

Originally posted by sirchet:
    I find them a pushover now. I just have any rogues in my party run over to them and take them out with melee attacks. Those Eye Tyrants keep blasting my rogues with their Cones of Cold but my rogues laugh as they skillfully evade the Cones of Cold, taking no damage due to their rogue ablility Improved Evasion. :)

Originally posted by maalri:
    Shiningted did indeed include a mod in his The Keep On The Borderlands module where animal companions have MUCH less suicidal behaviour during combat, and where you can give your animal companions A.I. orders. The Royal Canadian has been wanting Shiningted's animal companion mod to be included in The Circle of Eight Modpack for quite some time now.

Originally posted by maalri:
    I always have my wizards summon Lizard familiars because I think that they provide the most useful bonus to the familiar's wizard (which is +2 to Will saves).

Originally posted by Major_Blackhart:
    I don't understand what you mean by "transition" class.
    Barbarians are one of the classes that I fear facing the most (both in pencil-and-paper role-playing and in this computer game)! The reasons for this are that they can't be flanked (if they are level 5 or higher), they have DR (Damage Reduction) (if they are level 7 or higher), they have +10 Speed, and when they are Raging, they have increased Hit Points, a better chance of hitting, and they do more damage! Formidable and scary!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
Our Host!