Windows XP and crash to desktop

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by tater0519, Dec 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. tater0519

tater0519 Member

Windows XP and TOEE crashing to desktop
    I just bought and installed TOEE and have had this problem for days now. I create a party, no problem, launch the game and as soon as I move my party, it crashes out to the desktop.

I have installed the official patch 2
    I have installed circle of 8's 3.0.4 patches
    I have installed the temple.dll patch mentioned in these forums.
    My system easily meets the requirements and I have updated all drivers.

Does anybody have any ideal on what might be causing this problem? Thanks for any help.

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Are you sure you installed all the patches correctly? You might want to double check each one.

3. lokster

lokster Member

I had that problem

Hey I had that problem too, turns out it was caused by a faulty starting_equipment.mes in the lastest version of the co8 patch. They posted the corrected version of that file on this site...can't remember where exactly. Also, once you replace the faulty file with the new corrected version, you will have to start out with a new party...one of my characters got this wierd silver "T" in their inventory...probably caused CTD. Although for some reason I can't loot corpses now.....
    hmmmm

EDIT:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1115

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  4. tater0519

tater0519 Member

Appears to be fixed

I guess that's what it was. I uninstalled everything and did a fresh download of all the patches. No problems at all now. Thanks.

5. Yssario Silverfew

Yssario Silverfew Member

I Just bought the game a few days ago, and immediately started searching the net for info/patches etc. Looks like it's a good thing I did, maybe...

I downloaded patch 2, Co8 3.0.4 and temple.zip from Meobius. Installed them in the order listed, very carefully and as described in the messages on this board.

Now I can't save or load a game without crashing to desktop. I do NOT have SP2 installed, I won't be caught dead using it. I do have DX 9.0c

Help.

I've downloaded the "start_equipment.mes" mentioned below, but I have a huge problem... How do I replace it, when I can't FIND the old bugged one? It's not in the Co8 3.0.4 anywhere that I can find. There's only the ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V3-0-4.exe and a search of my hard drives finds only the one downloaded.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  6. Yssario Silverfew

Yssario Silverfew Member

NOT impressed

I was able to finaly find the bugged "start_equipment.mes" and replace it with the new one.

Now the game crashes to Desktop when changing maps.

I am NOT impressed.

Our Host!