Which Weapon do YOU use?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by TiamatReborn, Jun 24, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

1059761970.jpg
    i'd use one of these (Nunchakus), as i do in real life, but sadly they're not in the game... though i remember having read 'exotic weapon proficiency Nunchakus/half-ling Nunchaku' somewhere, so they are in dnd, not in toee though...
    in toee, the most effective weapon i like is the keened-up scythe... it's x4 on crits by the way, this + a cool animation move, lots of blood, and about 100 damage (power attack included) for a reasonable leveled fighter...
    and i like to see a barbarian with rage great-cleaving the hell out of everybody with a glaive...

2. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

lol wow...oops i guess.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Fruella would have at least a 10+ feat in Marital Weapons Proficiency. Is it really all marital weapons? Would a weapon type or group have to be chosen when selecting the feat to use a rolling pin, frying pan, cleaver, mallet, ice pick, or broomstick?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Damn...7 years of college down the drain!

Attached Files:

5. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

tommy: lots of people go to college for 7 years
    Richard: yeah their called doctors

only 3 years down the drain here i guess.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

4th grade: the best 3 years of my life. :D
    Sounds like a panda :)
    Reminds me of when my mum found my nuchukas when i was 15. She wasn't a fan off waeponry and had already confiscated my butterfly knife - I could have been in serious sh*t. Luckily, book-smarts come in handy occasionally.

"They're rice flails, you use them for de-husking rice". (I think this is actually partially true).

Since i went to an agricultural hi-school, I got away with it. :rock:

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yeah thats right, altho you only need SWP to thresh rice - and a longer handle on one of the bits - like a fail

8. Shiningted

Again with the 'fail'? :p

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

d'oh, I flailed another spot check.

btw this is what I was talking about altho this is the same tool from half a world away

Attached Files:

10. Lord_Spike

Dude...don't they have GUNS where you live? We almost issue them to kids here. Almost. The ones that can't draw them from the parent's armoury get them the old fashioned way...theft. I fired my first rifle at age 5, and was happily blasting away at anything that moved with a shotgun along the Tuscarawas Trail by age 15. Still have that one, and a few more to boot...including the original .32 WS rifle.

11. Shiningted

Nah, city kids here don't get guns, only country kids. Mind u, my ol' grandpappy had a farm, and rifle, and didn't I spend my childhood trying to get my hands on that thing ;)

12. Vendegaar

Vendegaar Cornish Avenger

Actually, as a master weapons instructor in the US Army during the Korean "Police Action". and later as a weapons instructor for the San Diego County Sheriff's department, I qualified as expert with about everything that could be handled by one person, and as part of multi-person fire teams.

I think that technology has taken most of the personal feeling out of warfare. What can a person feel about self anything by blowing something away from hundreds of miles away?

You need to get up close and personal and get splattered with their blood while you look into their eyes to get any idea about what war is all about. Been there & done that. Not as much fun as many might think.

That is why I choose to use a BFA as my primary weapon (Check my avatar) and a hand-and-a-half (Bastard) sword for my off hand for Renfaires and D&D.

13. Lord_Spike

Safe, secure and satisfied. My tax dollars are well spent on things like Tomahawks & Tridents. SDB's aren't bad, either:

http://www.defense-update.com/products/d/diamond-back.htm

Side note: You sound conflicted about this whole war thing; Do you love it as you imply ref. the "BFA" statement, or hate it as you say with the "not much fun" comment? Just trying to understand, here. :scratchhe

14. Vendegaar

Vendegaar Cornish Avenger

Hi again, Lord Spike

In answer-

"Safe, secure and satisfied. My tax dollars are well spent on things like Tomahawks & Tridents. SDB's aren't bad, either:

http://www.defense-update.com/produc...amond-back.htm

Side note: You sound conflicted about this whole war thing; Do you love it as you imply ref. the "BFA" statement, or hate it as you say with the "not much fun" comment? Just trying to understand, here. "

Starting from the end and working forward -

No, REAL war is NOT much fun. I really would not want to do it over again. It took years to get the smell of decaying human flesh out of my nostrils. There are some demented souls who find pleasure in this sort of thing, but I am not one of them.

On the other hand if it became necessary to fight and even kill someone in defense of my self or more importantly my 8 year old triplet granddaughters ON OUR OWN SOIL, there would be no hesitation.

I do not want to have to go to some foreign country to force the people there to make the same choice.. I DO NOT want to start a political argument on this subject.

In role playing, whether it is D&D (PnP or otherwise) or in Renfaires we can re-create the brutal, bloody wars (Good olde days?) so my alter ego comes into play - ergo, the BFA. In these instances NO ONE REALLY DIES. This is a big difference.

I also shoot a bow (75 pound Hunter recurve) both in competition on and off the Renfaire grounds, and in our battle field arrow flights during the renfaire. Even that is cheating in a way, but at least you can see the target (usually) even at 200 yards. At 200 miles you can't tell if the target is a troop of military or a bunch of school girls.

15. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

on a side note Vendegaar there is a quote button in the bottom conner of posts if you want to quote them or you can click the quote button and add the text you desire.

Our Host!