Where Are We Headed?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Jul 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yeah, I'm shamefully aware of that phenomenon. It's like a strange variation of the 'time stops for no one' maxim, only with a 'time also hurtles along at alarming speed' twist added. Still, would simply moving that stuff be that labor-intensive? I suppose the encounters would have to be re-balanced for higher levels and whatnot, but at least you wouldn't be starting from scratch - building new maps and all that.

2. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I hope that this is the proper place for me to ask if there is any plan to make Touch Spells follow RAW in terms of stacking with Unarmed Strike and Sneak Attack? Is there any agreement as to when a CMF 5.0.6 patch will be available?

I truly wish to contribute more - the best I can do now is quote RAW. I only joined 2 months ago, I'm a bit of a technophobe, but I am doing the best I can to figure out the tools that have been graciously provided.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

@ Basil:

Actually, I don't think this is the place to discuss bug fixes and such, it's more about the general direction we wish to steer Co8.

The other issue you raised - your 'technophobia' - is actually more interesting and may be pertinent. What obstacles stand between you and modding/scripting? What kind of help would make bridging that gap easier for you? I'm asking this because I think people could contribute a lot more than they realize if the learning curve weren't as steep (or perceived as steep). But for someone that already knows his way around modding, it's hard to tell, so I'm looking for input from novices.

@ Gaear:

It's possible it won't take that long. But you have to take into account RL interference, burn out, etc. These things are hard to foretell, which is why I gave such a cautious estimate.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  4. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Ha! I'm such a lost cause. I even get confused navigating this site. I remember seeing something, but then I can't remember where I saw it, which results in my asking stupid questions.

I should say that my primary interests lay with making the game as close to RAW as possible, and then making sure that the dialog choices are sensible. I enjoy the strategy of D&D; you modders are focused on World Building, which is great!

I wrote the above note because it isn't a bug; it was probably a misunderstanding of RAW and I don't know how, if, or when it will be dealt with. I'd do it myself, if I could figure out how to mess with whatever files the rules are kept in.

Technophobia: I have only recently been toying with Protos Editor modifying NPCs (making sure ALL have Max hp) and other small changes. I finally found the console instructions so I might be able to correct my cleric when I get a response to that note. The Hex Editor overwhelmed me with its codes and need to reverse things, etc..... I haven't even looked at World Builder because the name implies something bigger than what I am interested in dealing with at this time.

Thank you for showing interest.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I made 2 sets of Drow Gaear, from memory, they are level 4 and level 5 for each of the 4 classes I made.

Our Host!