Whatever Happened To ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maalri, Feb 1, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Re: What ever happened to...

the game mechanic pretty basic, I've heard it been called dnd lite before. if you're going to start playing I'd recommend just mess about for a little while, with different classes and races, the interface isn't to scary once you get used to it. I never thought I'd ever enjoy playing a spell caster but my first character to get to level 80 was a warlock.

in a quick comparison of dnd with wow in regards to classes there are a few differences, but not really to much.

in dnd you have you common standard party make up of;
    tank - main melee damage dealer
    healer - heals the party, buffs and debuffs
    mage - main ranged damaged dealer, crowd control
    thief - opens locks
    face - talks to NPCs

in wow its a little different
    tank - job is to get enemies to attack him and only him
    heals - heals the party (for when the tank doesn't do his job) but mainly the tank, buffs
    dps - stands for damage per second (something you don't really have to worry about in a turn based game). and comes in 2 types, melee dps and ranged dps. some classes, like a druid, can fill any party role depending on build depending on how they have spent their "feats", where as some classes, like a mage, will always be pretty much the same.
    and lastly all classes have some form of crowd control or CC, with fighter type characters being worst and caster types being best. Types of CC include Charm, Daze, Fear, Root, Sleep, Slow, Snare, Incapacitate, Interrupt, Disorient and Stun.

I actually had an idea bout using a wizard/cleric and 4 rogues to exploit toee's targeting AI so that the wizard would end up "tanking" and the rogues would CC and dps

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  2. maalri

maalri Immortal

Good to see Sitra back and posting, although I never could find them on the members list by post count although they are on the Alphabetical list... weird, anyway Welcome back Sitra Achara!

3. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

*** IMPORTANT GA82 UPDATE!! ***

Please allow me to alleviate any fears, concerns, or worries about the whereabouts, health, and well being of our beloved GA82. :cry::nervous:

I have been in contact with him and he is indeed quite well and missing us. He is without an internet connection for the time being but stated he'll still try to check in once a week. He misses us and we him! :hug::thumbsup:

Rest assured, our good GA82 is merely delayed by RL, not gone for good. :joy:

Until he reads this post that is....

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm, things were suprisingly quiet and on-topic arund here... that explains it :yes:

5. maalri

maalri Immortal

Wow, that Smarts Ted.
    :)

On behalf of GA82, I hereby get this thread BACK on the topic of Everquest 2 merits and debits, weed-eaters, live chickens and peach preserves!

6. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

:wave: I'll take live chickens for $200, Alex!

7. maalri

maalri Immortal

Allyx is out for the day, the substitute Co8 Game show host is... me!

And from what I understand if you want to involve Live chickens, the cost is gonna be at LEAST $200...

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That's news to me dude... where am I going? do I need to take a jacket in case it gets cold or wet? Or perhaps I should take a baseball bat for protection huh? :twitch:

9. maalri

maalri Immortal

:(
    Yes, either you ARE out, or you WILL BE out, get my drift? :poke: I AM the sub Game Show host for the day - it IS my off topic response ya know ;)

Take a baseball bat, a maple one, they break better, doing damage when they do so as well!

I just really wanted to field the Live Chickens request Allyx... :evilgrin:

But, if you ARE around (and my soon-to-be punished agents haven't...eliminated you for the day) then I suppose you COULD give him the Live Chicken experience... I believe he's willing to pay $200 for it! (Makes you wonder about those Buckeyes, eh?)

@Ted- off topic enuuf for you? Long LIVE GA82!!! LOL .

If we keep this up Ted may have me put HIM on this list of "where have they gone?"s

That would be a sad, sad day. :(

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

$200 for a chicken alive or dead sounds a bit steep to me, does it lay golden eggs or dance the polka while ballancing a plate on a stick or comprehensively beat the worlds best competitors in Chess tournaments or something simillarly spectacular?

One thing's for certain, at that price it'd better make one supremely delicious chicken ceasar salad, or be the size of my house cause that's about the price of a months grocery shopping.

11. maalri

maalri Immortal

As you will note- Erkper is willing to pay $200 fo rthe "Live Chicken Experienc" ala Mary in the Brothel in Nulb....

That my be worth $200 to some...

And your month's of groceries are only 100 Pounds?! ?! Pretty cheap. Or is it Cheep?

12. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Hey, hey - wait a minute! As I recall, the madam was talked down to only $20 for the chicken.

That's the one I want. I heard Big Blue resigned after only 20 moves the last time they played!

13. maalri

maalri Immortal

Since you offered to take Chickens for $200, does that mean you want it 10 times then??
    Man the Libido! Buckeyes....

Born in Columbus myself :)

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Chickens :no: COunt yourselves lucky I didn't add the 'roast duck' moment from Ultima ][ to KotB: it was very, very tempting.

15. maalri

maalri Immortal

I'm gonna be out for a bit folks- I will miss you, but I will be looking foward to getting a NEW Modpack when I come back, and I WILL comeback.

I just got a 60 day WoW card from the lovely wife as a gift, and well... I've completed this game so many times.... waiting for some more new content...

I will miss the banter.

And YES, this is a SHAMELESS PLUG to bump this thread and to get it considered, yet again, as a sticky...

Our Host!