What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, May 2, 2010.

Remove all ads!
?

What type of new content would you like to see?

1. Low Level (1-4)

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  2. Middle Levels (5-9)

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. High Levels (10-14)

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Insanly Hard Content (15+)

31 vote(s)
    40.8%
  5. Small Additions: Such as Lareth running into the barracks to join the fight, ect.

20 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I'm all about Bruce Dickenson too. You can tell that he's had a traditional british classical education because of all the awesome songs that directly correlate to british classical literature. But, we do have to keep the props with Mr. Lovecraft.

I've never been to college but have post graduate vocabulary skills and there's many, many words in Lovecraft's writings that give me trouble, lol. I think you have to have a freaking doctorate in literature in order to fully understand his stories. Or perhaps we weren't meant to completely understand them. He may have actually been an elder one, sent here to study earth and at the time, his stories may simply have been him taking notes. He wasn't writing for other's entertainment. He was scribing data to take back with him. That's what I believe because there ain't no other human beings that have written like him.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

It may be hard to understand because it is bad (poetic) grammar. :p

3. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

I suppose that would work, but on a larger theme: what else? I mean, if you are evil, the only "good" to conquer is Hommlet, and sadly regardless of alignment you need Hommlet in the beginning to survive. A TRULY evil party (with any or all low intelligence types) would be very shortsighted and kill on site, if they were played properly. But what of after that?

I have always maintained that the game is obviously geared towards good tendancies but I would like to see this change and have a party be evil with more than the goal of making every weapon glow red.

4. ShadowDeth

ShadowDeth Save Versus : Stupid

Yep. I'm assuming you haven't played the Verbo quest before? It - at the time and still now was a very inspired addition to the game. Some of the things in the mod were new to the modder's capabilities and hadn't been seen before. You should enjoy it.

Yes sir, no coincidence. They are probably my favorite band, or at least tied for that along with Helloween. It depends on mood.

5. Necroticpus

I would like to see all of Burne's Badgers carry the Smith & Wesson .50 super weapon and if any of the PC's starts some shit in town, like killing a townie or ripping them off, all of Burne's Badgers go hostile and KOS using the S&W .50, from very far away and able to shoot through all of the wooden buildings.

And maybe some of Burne's Badgers are on the take with Rannos and Gremag, causing them to go hostile for attacking the pair of them also.

Naturally, they would be unlootable.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

On this playthrough (5 characters, and I kept the wandering bard since he was funny) I noticed there is a big lull in XP for character around 9-10th level. I'm in the temple, and the big fight with the temple guards only gave me ~250XP. The leviathan was worth only 150 (CR 6, really?!?). I would like to have a few higher level spells for my wizard, cleric, and druid for the nodes. Granted you can go through them at this level, and if I had taken a smaller party, they would be a little higher now, but why up the level cap if you can't get there.

I'd like to see another side quest, one for level 10 party, and not sure if this is possible, but some better random encounters for higher level parties. I rested in the temple and got into a random fight with 6 trolls, now that was great! However, on the road I still see 6 stirges or 4 zombies. Why not a necromancer with 20 zombies? Or a higher level evil party?

7. Necroticpus

You want to have some fun? Go rest in one of the very very small rooms where the big bugbear/ogre fight happens on Hedrak's level. Keep resting until there's about 30 hill giants, 30 trolls, 10-15 ettins, 10-15 black puddings and squillions of gargoyles. :yes:

You can let them build up until you get however many you want without them attacking you. Combat starts once you leave the little room. Make sure you're prepared.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  8. GuardianAngel82

Prepared for what? :gotmyatte

9. Necroticpus

Prepared to dump all of your AoE spells, fighters need to be enlarged with heavily crafted ranseurs and generally just be on top of it. A simple mismove or mistake can bring the whole thing down and you can get massacred. Think of the dwarf fight in the quarry except with triple or quadruple enemies. The only thing that gets really bad is the AoO on the black puddings. Try to keep the fighters away from them. It's difficult to do when they're enlarged with ranseurs flying. You could end up with twice as many black puddings as you started with and get totally out of control.

10. GuardianAngel82

11. Necroticpus

That's great! But how do you get them all together like that in a wide open space without combat starting?

12. ShadowDeth

ShadowDeth Save Versus : Stupid

Just because you once encountered something like that in a "small room where you fight the bugbears", doesn't make it something that happens to everyone.

First of all, the battle not starting thing can happen anywhere.

Secondly, the moathouse bug is rare, but has been documented a few times.

13. GuardianAngel82

It's an old screenshot from when Gaear first moved the Moathouse Ambush to cover every exit, and for some reason the ambush group was repeated 8 times. There 8 Torukos, 8 Zerts, etc. So it started with a conversation. It has been fixed. It wasn't created by repeated camping.

I've had the phenomenom that you are describing happen several times, and it IS kind of fun. All I can do is plan how I am going to extract my party from amongst the enemy during combat, and AoE spells are out of the question until I can get extracted.

14. Necroticpus

I didn't encounter something like that. I purposefully and intended it to happen by my own actions. You keep resting until you get the amount of creatures you want. I've had the bigger room in the middle almost full of hill giants, gargoyles, black puddings and ettins many times. This is repeatable at any given time you wish to do it. It will happen every single time, 100% guaranteed. No accidents. The world is your oyster! Don't rely on fate! Make your own destiny! UP, UP AND AWAY!

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

GA82's Moathouse picture always makes me laugh ... that would definitely be the mother of all ambushes.

Our Host!