What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, May 2, 2010.

Remove all ads!
?

What type of new content would you like to see?

1. Low Level (1-4)

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  2. Middle Levels (5-9)

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. High Levels (10-14)

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Insanly Hard Content (15+)

31 vote(s)
    40.8%
  5. Small Additions: Such as Lareth running into the barracks to join the fight, ect.

20 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. ShadowDeth

ShadowDeth Save Versus : Stupid

It's an evil Dragon.

It's not a rumor, it's in the mod.

2. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

Thanks ShadowDeth for the info. so, there should be something new to look forward to with the 5.9 release in august, as i understand Verb gets added back in then, right?

Is there a Co8 version that has Verb and the dragon already implemented in some form? which would that be ... 5.5 since it also supports the WoTGS expansion? I have yet to check that out so that might be next. or, i'll just wait until August...

are you a fan of Megadeth, perchance? or is the name similarity coincidental.

3. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

You heard it from the module. It's in the orgional module, there are meant to be 2 red dragons in the fire node who are having 'marital problems' over the amount of treasure.

4. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

Thanks Kneller1, that must have been it...

I think the dragon Burne and Co. drove off (or defeated ... frankly i doubt that claim since they are "high level" for Hommlet and the original vanilla game but each sport only 38 HP...) was only wounded, or lived to fight another day. THAT'S where our intrepid heroes come in.

Burne and Rufus have somewhat decent equipment and skills - but lets face it - they don't seem strong enough to have DEFEATED a dragon unless it was a really small young one. I think it is STILL out there. Or maybe one comes back seeking revenge...

Or seeking the treasure hoard of Hommlet! Maybe that rude gem seller with the identity crisis has a SECRET stash under his store...

I have no actual modding experience, but i can edit video & audio, and provide graphics maybe ... anybody else think a dragon in the Kron Hills would be cool? Ha ha it would sure undermine Burne and Co. reputation though ... OR they could facilitate a quest to vanquish it, only if you took them along. OR the original quest could be changed to BE the time they defeat the dragon, only YOU get asked to go along and be part of the company.

Burne tells the tales, INDEED.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  5. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

You could learn to mod that in. Give the party a chance to call them out on their lies.

'You didn't kill that green dragon, you !@#$%^& liars!"

"Oh, did I say a green dragon in the kron hills? I meant to say that we killed Tiamat while we were in hell's 1st plane of Avernus, tracking down Asmodeus!"

And would a pair of red dragons actually have marital strife over treasure? I think one would just kill the other outright and take all the treasure. That's what I did when...I mean, that's what I would do if I were an evil red dragon.

6. Flak88

Flak88 Member

How about making level 3 of the temple dungeon tougher? It seems to be a little too easy. That would be require higher level content without having to do a lot of modding.

7. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Forgot to add the air node. That is way too easy for a party at that point in the game.

8. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

I personally have had this game on my hard drive since December 2003. Not even the original DOOM game compares. This is in no small part to the fact I am a lifelong AD+D fan and the mod work here is beyond reproach. I cannot mod myself as I have NO idea how to do it (but I can fool around with the PROTOS tab) so I understand it is one thing to suggest and another to ask.... that said:

I think the most critical part is additions for high levels. Frankly, there is enough for mid/low parties but once you get high enough there is only Hedrack and Iuz/Zug. That is it. There is nothing else to look forward to; nothing to want to get to the end. Even the nodes are boring, really. Good places for XP but that is it. The NPCs are not much use and the treasure (apart from the gems) is moot by that point anyway. The high level mod from 5.5.0 (I think) is clearly the way to go. A real reason to get to the end......

I also would like to see mods that are EVIL party specific. I find the game too geared towards good parties. I find evil weapons to be good for only those in Hommlet really, and no monsters are good. Just my view. But ideas....

I think Lareth is grossly underused in this game. If you actually read the original module or the Hommlet module you will realize that he is a super character; prodigy of Lolth, and in this game you can just run in, all 8 of you and kill him on the spot? Not like what he is suppose to be at all. I think it would be better if he were to escape like Rannos and Gremag and then show up later with some Drow or something....... revenge has new meaning.

9. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

What if HB was alignment specific, for good parties keep it the same, but for evil parties, instead of orcs, goblins and bugbears, its elves, dwarves and gnomes.

10. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

General, I like the way you think! :thumbsup:

11. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

But then if the party was neutral what would the mix be? ;) My party is true neutral with a mix of varying neutrals.

12. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

What if it was overrun with vermin, spiders, ticks, etc, with some ettercap leaders (with decent treasure).

13. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

If your neutral then it should be filled with good things. To restore the balance from all the evil bashing you'll do in the temple

14. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Ya! That would be awesome! Make it a unicorn ranch. Put a white balor in there and call him an archon. And maybe put some different clothes on the kobolds and call the brownies. And maybe have some kids wandering around the map that you can target and cry out for their mothers when you slaughter them. And some kittens and lambs that make death cries when you do an unarmed attack - stomp on them.

15. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

You know Necro, your new sig attributing that quote to HP Lovecraft has me really bummed out. All these years I've been giving credit to Bruce Dickenson...

Our Host!