What would you like to see...

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by vampiricpuppy, Dec 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

@vampuppy

i understand how you work, now...really useful indeed :yes:
    But i don't have those programs (even if i had, it will mean to learn to use, and i'm really lazy, and don't have much time)
    In any case, that's your area of expertise :) (in fact, by reading your "tutorials" on how to make maps, i've learned a few tricks with photoshop ;) )

I just look for a while the tga and the in-game model, and make a mental 3D grid, and then paint (sometimes i need to make a few touches, mostly about the stretching you mention) and be done.

Glad you liked he panther, in fact was the easiest skin to paint, just a mask and blueish black, and a few touches where the muscles should be :p

But the Lamia prove to be a challenge, since the tail seems to be drawn from the back i think, so to erase the tail we need to erase a part of the model. I'm not sure where the nails come from, since they're black, and the skin has a black background (of course, i could alpha out all the black, but i would prefer a specific cropping)

If not for those two details, i think i could do a centaur with a bit of cheating/painting(tho it still would move too feline)

Maybe you can have more details with your importing process?

2. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

Ok, this weekend ill have a crack at the lamia model, if its workable in zbrush ill try to do something with it :) might also make a 'guide' map for everyone else to use, since there seems to be a lot of interest in using it for centaury types :)

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There's a lot of desire for a centaur, but only if it is good. I know you guys are doing your best but if you can't dress a cat up to look like a horse, then we accept that. A centaur is preferable to a wemic, but a good wemic is preferable to a bad centaur.

4. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Funny thing is, that the Leucrotta has the moves and articulations for a horse.
    I'm going to try by changibg blocks of data inside .skms, and rewrite the .skas, to see if i get something. I wouldn't loss anything by trying. :shrug:

I know it can be done, cos as i said before, the body of the lamia is the same as Zuggtmoy, and both have a diferent "legs". Also the manticore model, it's the lamia but without the human body (the feline body with the human head), so i suppose that mixing similar models it's doable.

If somehow that works... :evil_laug

Oh, btw, i think that if i modify a bit the Glabrezu? model (the one that looks like a big ape with two extra arms/claws), we could have a Girallion, which is a nasty gorilla with four arms :stoned:

5. vampiricpuppy

Threadmancy :)

been yonks since i posted anything here (or did modelling for that matter)

So i've dusted off the 3d skills, and i'll be having a crack at getting a static model in again - reworked the mind flayer head to try a second time, see if i get any different results with the export/import.

Also been trying to do a horse :)

I'll have to look at that lamia >_< never did end up playing with it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  6. vampiricpuppy

weeeeee giant scorpion :)

[​IMG]

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Cool!

What were those half-drow, half-spiders called?

8. vampiricpuppy

Our Host!