What would you like to see...

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by vampiricpuppy, Dec 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

@vampiricpuppy: Just curious, what gets garbled when you do it this way? Oh yeah did you have a look to see if the duplicate vertices were still there or had been combined during the expoert process?

Cuchulainn.

2. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

There you go my friend:

You can find more images of various things here:

crepuscul.3x.ro/jeffrey.html

(tip: try typing dragonite -pokemon in Google. In this way it will filter out all pokemon results)

@Ax Thrower: sorry for answering on your behalf, but I was also curious as to what dragonites are, so I could not resist a search :)

Attached Files:

3. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

Well i mean sword spiders are actually a forgotten realms monster, and no one seems to bat an eye at them :p

:Crazy_Lio

with that said... theres a whole bunch of characters that look quite similar to that pic; half-dragons and the dragon-disciple prestige class come to mind.

@cuchu: i've attached a .max version of the file if you're curious :D along with a screenie of what my UV map looks like after going through the SKM import/export.

I thought that judging by Leksey's explanation that my way of cutting things up would work, and if thats all that needs to be done im stumped as to why it didnt :(

Attached Files:

4. vampiricpuppy

nalfeshneeeeeeeeeee

head is a bit of a nightmare ~_~

Attached Files:

5. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

tanxs....

They are from the Dragon Lance series in the Gold Box set original dos games.. playing around one day in protos I made a footmans dragonlance and used it on Allyx's white dragons and it ate them up and spit out the bones when finished.... wasn't as dramatic as when I gave a pc a door to bash it with one time...:chairshot

6. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

:lol: :lol:

One of the funniest things I've read in quite some time

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Surely those dragonites things could quickly b done as re-skinned gargoyles?

8. vampiricpuppy

good idea ted; but the gargoyle model is a multi-texture one (one for body, one for wings). SKM import doesnt support that currently, meaning that any retexturing is done 'blind' without any real understanding of the UV coordinates.

Its possible to do, but takes a lot of trial and error/pulling of hair.

9. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

You actually can. :) The only thing you have to do is have the
    character, model, etc. before you in-game. If you change the
    textures in photoshop they will automatically change in-game
    everytime you maximize the window.

I know it's still a PITA but that's better than nothing. :p

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  10. vampiricpuppy

Basically what it involves is trying to nut out the UV map without having access to the coordinates. This can be done by putting miniscule numbers all over the model, then using the model viewer to show the number texture, and referencing it that way, but is really a pain in the ass to do :D

I initially tried to do that with the phase spider skin, and it works... sort of... icy edge tried it as well in his thread in the main mod forums.

I'm just saying its annoying to do, not that it isnt possible :p The UVs have been set out in a very efficient, but difficult to manage way, that maximizes texture resolution, and minimizes... logic... :blink: theres also quite a bit of stretching on some of them:sadblinky not to mention overlapping UVs (phase spider has like 10 areas overlapping at some points :p)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  11. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Ain't that the truth. Considering that before Leksey's plugin that was the only way we had to make anything, it does get pretty old. Of course much easier to do for armor and such but still a PITA. Our lives will certainly get much easier when we gain the ability to import bones with the model.

Cuchulainn.

12. vampiricpuppy

well if i can get the model into max i can remap it in zbrush, which is what i did with the phase spider (after trying the other way).

ps. Sorry for lack of in-depth posting lately everyone, just landed a full-time job, and i'm still adjusting :D no doubt i'll be back and kicking soon enough ;)

13. Shiningted

With KotB including a 'wolf's pelts' side quest thingy (as per the original module) could we ahve a few different wolf skins? Atm we only have the one (grey for memory): some white wolves, black, brown etc would be a very slight improvement. :)

14. vampiricpuppy

15. Shiningted

I do beg your pardon, Vampiricpuppy :notworthy

One more (a brown one) would be nice :) That way I could have a different shade for dire wolves as there is for wargs.

Is that tiger you did off an existing model?

Our Host!