What should the 7th effect of prismatic spray do?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by darmagon, Oct 5, 2005.

Remove all ads!
?

What should the 7th effect of prismatic spray do?

1. Kill and Destroy body

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Just kill

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Knock Unconscious for a time

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Disintegrate (kill and destroy body, leave possessions)

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. Turn to Gaseous Form

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Do Some Kind of Damage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Do nothing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Something else

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

I think I might could have found a way to make the send to random node thing work for any creature. It involves a dirty hack whereby the creature is not actually sent anywhere! Here's the plan. for a pc or npc in the party make them incapable of action in some way (probably kill them, but I seem to remember that dead npcs disappear from the party if left dead too long (confirm?)) and make them invisible. In the place they have been sent to spawn something that runs a script which reverses the effect and voila! there back. I know they will still show up in the party line up at the bottom of the screen (after all they are still in the party)but you can't have everything. For creatures the party affects just have the spawner spawn those creatures there too. This will require a file to be created and updated each time something is sent somewhere so that it can be read to find out what to spawn. There are some other technicalities but it is definitely doable....

Oh oh, terrible thought what if the whole party gets sent to another plane, What if they each get sent to a different one. Just answered that for myself choose one at random and fade_and_teleport to that party members location. Then their job is to escape and track down the rest of the party.

Another thought, going to have to have some way for the party find out where the wayward members are. I guess adding to Burne's or Jaroo's dialogs might accomplish this.

Actually this is starting to sound like it could be fun:)

Darmagon

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

While I appreciate the sentiment, it's guys like you (all) who deserve the real credit...'cause none of it would matter without your efforts to bring it about.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

U do your part Spike, don't ever doubt it. :)

Speaking of which, once this is done I may have to hack some sort of node into KotB to accomodate the spell (though I think it would be slightly against the spirit of it if people play through til they can cast 7th level spells ;))

"Excuse me Mr Orcus, have you seen my friend? Short guy, hairy feet, always got his hands in his pocketses?"
    Damn straight!!!

4. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

just a quick note to let you guys know I haven't fallen off the planet (again). Last weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving and I was away from home. I will begin some serious coding tomorrow. ETA for the final version of the spell is now officially "who knows?" :)

Darmagon

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

hey Agetian and darmagon are here at the same time, where's allyx?

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

send to another plane - the ethereal plane maybe? Shadows are ethereal aren't they? if not you could give the impression of etherealness a more complicated way, invis particles (as invis sphere) and damage reduction vs magic has basically the same effect.

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

hey allyx I read your post and thought that you had been sent to another plane, silly me.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Cujo, you've gotta stop drinking those kiwi-fruit shnapps with the worm at the bottom ;)

Our Host!