What is your opinion about Wizardry 8?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ioannis76, Aug 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

They are offering Wizardry 8 along with a PC magazine issue here, and I am thinking of bying it. Is it a good choince? I saw some screenshots, I don't mind the graphics, but I don't know much about the gameplay. It somehow reminded me of Bard's Tale, a game which I used to play on an Mastrad CPC6128 (does anyone even rememember this machine?).
    Anyway, is the gameplay something like, you have your warriors in the front and the wizards in the back casting their spells, and the enemy cannot physically get to the wizards unless they kill the warriors first?
    What about the acquisition of spells and combat skills? Is there any special place you have to visit in order to cash in your experience into skills and spells once you've gained a level?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

2. MB

MB Member

Wizardry 8 has a good storyline which continues on from the previous Wizardry. Graphics are dated, but still functional. Monsters can attack from all sides, so it is quite possible that your wizards and guys in back can and will get hit. You have the option to form your own party formation. Max characters is 6 with the addition of 2 NPCs. Several non linear quests. Pretty good magic/school system. Overall i'd definitely recommend it. Never did quite finish the game, got to about 90-95% complete, but just couldn't seal the deal.

3. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Thank you MB, I think I will give it a try.
    :yes:

4. MB

MB Member

Good luck. I think you'll enjoy it.

Our Host!