What games did you beat/do you play/are you looking forward to play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agetian, Oct 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

I'm obsessed with the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii right now. It is fantasic! The controls are awesome and the graphics are stunningly beautiful in alot of areas of the game.

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I'm looking forward to playing Bioshock in the nearest future, it sounds pretty promising.

- Agetian

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

4. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

How are you finding Bioshock btw? Does it match up with what you were thinking earlier?

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hi all:

I'm about 6 hours into Two Worlds, at first I thought it to be an Obl****n nock off but thank god it isn't. It's much closer to DnD than the other game. It's a lot of fun, with some great graphics. A warning! It's requires a strong graphics processor, and a lot of ram, and 5 gigs of hd space. I'm running it maxed and most of the areas are breathtaking.

6. Agetian

It's still on the list of stuff I'll have to buy in the future... It still hasn't come to my city. I'll tell you if I like it once I get it. I think there's quite a big chance that I'm gonna love this game.

- Agetian

7. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Games I have played and recommend from the last few years

Space Rangers 2 (great game)
    Mount & Blade (especially the TLD mod)
    Galactic Civilazations II (great tactical game)
    Ultima 5 ; Lazarus mod for Dungeon Siege
    The 4th Age mod for Rome Total War

- Livonya

8. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

Damn good list.

The only difference I would make to that list is to swap the The 4th Age mod for Rome Total War with Europa Barbarorum...However, there is nothing stopping anyone from having both.

Anyone tried the MotB addon for NWN2 yet? Thoughts?

9. Agetian

I recently beat:

Final Fantasy 6 (SNES) - even though this game is very old, it's a classic RPG game with breathtaking storyline and incredibly detailed characters. It's one of those cases when a game that occupies very little space (24 MBit, or 3 MB on a game cartridge) manages to grab your attention and hold it until the very last second of the game ending. Also, despite its small size the game offers 30+ hours of pure roleplaying fun and deep, immersive storyline. This is actually the first game for a very long time that I wanted to play again right after beating it, and I actually think about replaying it soon.

Half-Life 2: Episode Two - the next installment of the Half-Life 2 episodic content is small enough (took me a little over 6 hours to beat, given that I got 'stuck' twice and had to figure out a solution for a while), but is interesting enough at the same time. Even though not many old questions about the plot are answered here, this game is a captivating experience that has some unique gameplay elements in it. The Source engine got refreshed yet again and still looks very good.

I'll be playing the following games next:
    More SNES classics (Chrono Trigger is likely to be the next, and I'll consider playing FF6 over again);
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 once it gets released, the demo looks very promising, next-gen and realistic at the same time, with quite decent AI that feels like a real soccer game.
    Bioshock (I actually started it, and it's a superb game (even though to tell the truth I expected more role-playing similar to System Shock series, and was somewhat disappointed to see that BioShock offers more in the way of 3D Action and less in the way of role-playing). However, I got distracted and still need some time to get back to playing it).

I might also check out the Mask of the Betrayer expansion pack for NWN2, depending on how good the reviews are going to be.

- Agetian

10. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Lately, i've been in to oldies (yeah, you can make all the jokes you want :) )

-Shadowrun, for Sega console; i find it amazing, and still (after lots of years and playing it) i've never tryed to finish it with a decker...

-Legend of Zelda: a link to the past, for Snes; incredible, and i love all the silly things it has (like the grateful fish, or the vagabond under the bridge).

-Valkirye Profile, for Playstation; i have no words to that game... it's AWESOME, perfect playability, great story line, incredible artwork, lots of characters, it has different game styles (platform, fighting...)... and i still can't make it to the "C" ending!! :anger: One of the best games i've played.

-The two arcade games "Dungeons & Dragons"; they have an amazing quantity of secrets for an arcade game...and the combat system it's perfect.

I haven't planned anything for the future...except ToEEFE (again!) and KotB, of course ;)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  11. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I'm playing Thief III at the moment. It has a few bugs but it's quite playable.
    Besides I've always liked Garrett, even though I haven't finished the previous
    two parts of the franchise (and I have them at home, both legit copies!). Who
    knows, maybe I'll beat those too.

Still wanting to finish Baldur's Gate Trilogy, I'm almost at the end of BGI... so I've
    still got plenty of hours of gameplay left.

I'm looking forward to:
    The Witcher, based on the prose by Andrzej Sapkowski and developed by
    CD-Projekt Red Studio.The first Polish game that has enough potential to become
    an international success (from what I've heard, Call of Juares wasn't all that good).
    It may be fun to play, what's more important, it hasn't been dumbed down for the
    kiddies, so that means it'll stay true to the books, which were intended for more adult audience. It's being published by Atari though, that's the only thing that worries me...

I'm also looking forward to MoTB... NWN2 has been a pleasant surprise for me, despite
    the stupid H'n'S elements, it's story was driven quite good (apart from being cliché). ;)

12. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

The only other game I've played lately (besides ToEE) is Halo 3 on Xbox 360. My buddy and I had a Halo marathon this weekend and played all three, but it was a first for me with Halo 3. Since time seemed to run to together after the first 15 or so hours, I'm not entirely certain how long Halo 3 took, but I'd say it took us about 8 hours.

I'm looking forward to playing the Beowulf game coming out from Ubisoft. But I'm sure I'll have to upgrade my computer first.

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I recently picked up Baldur's Gate (man it's wierd going back to 2nd ed rules after all this time), the Kingmaker expansion to NWN (not that I intend to play it, I just have a strange obsessive compulsive disorder whereby I like to obtain complete sets of software), and the Rome: Total War Anthology edition (the original game and both expansions), and I've been happilly trouncing all other western europeans and north africans with my roman troops quite easilly for a couple of weeks now.

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

KotB when released as a full version

15. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

I also loved this game!!

I re-visited it and played it once again on a newer rig a few years ago. It was still awesome. Just really well done.

I just got The Witcher today. So I will be firing that up tonight.

I have only bought 2 games this year, The Witcher being the second one.

I am excited for this title. I bought it just to support the idea of cRPGs as it seems this company is actually interested in that genera.

- Livonya

Our Host!