What games did you beat/do you play/are you looking forward to play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agetian, Oct 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Sapper_Astro:

Anachronox is a good game, be sure to patch it first. I've played it thru twice. It kinda has the KotOR feel to it without the ultimate good or evil. If you like KotOR it's a must have.

ps.......KotOR=Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic.

2. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

Sounds good to me. Will pick it up. Thanks for the heads up mate.

3. sirchet

Sapper_Astro:

If you get stuck, let me know. I'm sure I can help. I'm the proud owner of "Prima's Official Strategy Guide" for the game.

I think I might have to play this again after browsing thru the manual :)

4. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

i've beaten lots of the games many times. most of my favourites are the oldies:
    Heroes III of might and magic.
    Warcraft III and frozen throne.
    Fallout II
    Starcraft
    Soul Reaver 2(great storyline)
    Blood omen 2
    newer stuff:
    Heroes V of might and magic (this one i discovered has great music)
    Eragon(not too impressive a storyline, but i enjoyed the fights with the battle themes.)
    i'm currently playing Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. didn't beat it yet.
    got a nice female warrior gangrel with max strengh and max melee skill and humanity of only 3!(lots of frenzy:vampire: ). what sucks though is the fact that my favourite feature, the one that encouraged me to play (esspecially gangrel) is disabled. you see my video card won't work with everything and when i use the Protean skills, it just can't emulate heat vision and the screen goes white, leaving me blind (instead of exceptionaly perceptive!)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  5. sirchet

Bloodlines is great, I really like the atmosphere, it's easy to get lost in the game. I'm lucky enough to have a strong gaming pc and can play it maxed, (all the bells and whistles). I think the nvidia 7950 gt fx has dropped in price since the 8800 came out, may be worth looking into :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  6. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Ah, that reminds me. Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption. I loved that game. I think it was the first PC game I really played in depth. That's probably what eventually led me into Neverwinter Nights and the Baldur's Gate series. A pity I don't have a good enough computer to play Bloodlines...

I never did beat it. I got up to the last boss's first form, and he just kept obliterating me. I even consoled in some bazookas, and he still kicked my arse. :D

7. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I'm playing Grim Fandango and other LucasArts quest oldies right now (e.g. Monkey Island series), loving this stuff - they're very funny and have great voice acting.

- Agetian

8. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

thanks for the info, sirchet. i'll look into it.

yeah, professional voice acting coupled with dazzling storylines in an old game can easly surpass most of the new stuff coming up, that are mainly based on good(maybe 'complex' is a more fitting description) graphics.
    one of my favourites is the Legacy of Kain series, and that is because the voice acting is wonderfull. the guy that plays kain (Simon Templeman i believe) sure is talented. makes you really live into the storyline which is quite mentally stimulating.
    the other great old game is Fallout II. simply amazing for rpg lovers, cuz it's so vast. Been playing this one for years and still play it for extended periods of time even now. i think i beat it sometime around 2000 or 2001, but i still never got to experience everything in it.

9. sirchet

I think re-playability is what separates good games from great games. One of the reasons I went with a larger hard drive than I thought I would ever need was to keep some of my favorites installed so I can re-experience them at will.

10. kio11

kio11 Established Member

i just beated deus ex 2, then 1 (yeah i know stupid thing to do). now playing toee. i never finished it but played the beggining alot :p
    im trying to find the longest journey series but other than that i really want to play kotor 3 if it coems out

11. Redeemed Storm

Redeemed Storm Frost Wizard

Re: Nulb crash

Demonstone is a pure console/arcade game. I tried it, put it away, and am planning to reinstall it...it can be damn hard.

But the graphics are pretty cool.

12. onomastikon

onomastikon Member

I think only one person here mentioned Deus Ex. The original is one of my all time favorites.

Loved:
    BG2
    Arcanum
    Fallout(s)
    PS:T
    Thief:2

I also enjoyed System Shock 2, but never finished it. It was a bit too one-sided for me.

Almost everything else, I think, has been said before...

But I am posting because nobody mentioned this game, and it is just great:

*SPACE RANGERS 2*
    The title is corny, the translation into English (it was a Russian production) is lacking, but the whole thing is so charming, and incredibly replayable. Really. You can get it via stardock for cheap, a perfectly decent download with no copy protection (yey stardock!).
    It is a space RPG/action/TBS hybrid, and it is good, engrossing, cute, clever, well-balanced, under-marketed, only fan-supported, and much much better than expected. I can recommend it wholeheartedly.

13. DM#1091977

DM#1091977 Apprentice of Magic

Games I beat recently:
    Fallout (too many times to count)
    Fallout 2 (see above, though less times than Fallout)
    Final Fantasy Tactics (see above, though less times than Fallout 2)
    Parasite Eve 2 (24 times)
    Resident Evil 4 (4 times. I hate the castle)
    Silent Hill (more times than any of the others, save Fallout)

Games I'm currently playing:
    Fallout 2 Mod: Wasteland Merc 2 (I pick this up every now and then)
    Arcanum (I got bored with the above, so I started this up again)
    Wasteland (Ron Perlman was right... the Wasteland has claimed my life! :yes: )
    Ultima Exodus (Nes version, because it was the first RPG I ever owned for the Nes, and nostalgia wins)
    Ultima 4 (PC version, xu4, because the PC version is funner than the Nes version)

Games I'm looking forward to:
    Temple of Elemental Evil (will be buying it with my next paycheck)
    Temple of Elemental Evil Mod: Keep on the Borderlands (doing dance of joy :evil_laug )
    Fan Made Fallout (one can dream, right?)
    Age of Decadence (indie)
    First Eschalon: Book 1 (looks good... hope it's fun to play...)
    Dragon Age (so far, so good)

I can't think of any others, right now.

14. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I'm currently playing Ultima 7 via the latest snapshot of Exult, and enjoying it very much. :D

I got Ultima 7: Black Gate + the Forge of Virtue add-on + Keyring mod, and also I'm looking forward to playing Ultima 7 Part 2: Serpent Isle with the Silver Seed add-on.

- Agetian

15. 崔二爷

崔二爷 Member

i'm recently playing toee~
    it's a wounderful game,
    and bgt-weidu too ^ ^

Our Host!