What equipment are we still missing?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Azured, Oct 12, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Azured

Azured Lethal but deadly.

While Co8 has done a marvellous job in bringing new equipment to the game, some common things are still missing. Since search couldn't find a recent wishlist, I thought I'd compose one. I'm listing things that could be added with minimal effort, without having to do new graphics - recolouring old ones or other similar tricks will do the trick.

Maybe people could post their observations about needed items along with a suggestion about a game location where it could be bought or found.

The list:
    Composite shortbows, masterwork and regular quality, of Str ratings of 16 and higher (maybe up to at least 20, as SRD has no definite maximum) - Amario and the shop in Verbobonc
    Composite longbows, masterwork and regular quality, of Str ratings of 20 and higher (again, SRD has no definite maximum) - Amario and the shop in Verbobonc
    Masterwork flail - Brother Smythe, Otis and the shop in Verbobonc
    Sap, masterwork and regular quality - Ah Fong, maybe others
    Bondleaf, masterwork quality - Ah Fong
    Alchemist's fire - Rannos and Gremag, maybe others such as magic item merchants
    Thunderstone - Rannos and Gremag, maybe others such as magic item merchants

2. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

I mentioned this once when I first started posting on the forums, but haven't been around in a long time, so I don't know if it's been implemented or not.

Personally, I'd like to see some of the Race-related weapons added into the game, such as the Elven Lightblade. Though, to be honest, I don't know how hard it would be to code that to work as it should in PnP rules.

I'd imagine that, if these things were introduced into the game, the Exotic Weapons Merchant in Nulb would be a good place to have them pop up.

3. Lum Levits

Lum Levits Member

I've been playing, lately, games in which I dont allow myself to craft.

I wouldn't mind seeing more premade magic stuff for sale.

Sorta knowing where and what I am going to find makes me take weapon slots specifically on the intent of equiping those weapons I know I am going to either find or be bought already.....

Be a good way to spend all that wealth I find as well.

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Having Amario make masterwork wooden tower shield, as currently he makes only a regular one.

With the person above
    I assume he means premade magic weapons. That might not be so bad, and we could have the arms and armor merchant have a mix of magic and masterwork weapons available. Not high end crafted, but just enhanced +1 to +3 to help separate the party from their accumulated gold. Kinda like how Senshock is there with his various goodies.

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

We already have those, up to STR18 I think. They count as masterwork.

6. Azured

Azured Lethal but deadly.

I'd like to courteously point out, that I specifically mentioned that the requested bows should be with a higher Str rating than the current maximum of 18. And they don't count as masterwork - the masterwork versions are available separately as items of their own.

Also, the difference between composite shortbows and longbows is that the Str ratings of shortbows are currently maxed out at 14, and I'd like to see them go above that. Especially the ever-popular rogue (with class proficiency on shortbow but not on longbow) could really use a stronger shortbow, as rogues built for both melee and ranged combat can have a high Str stat, especially when boosted with magic items.

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Hmm, really? I must've missed that on my current 5.9.2 playthrough. That didn't use to be the case in 5.7.0. But yes, that is most unfortunate. Then again, you could always build an elven rogue and use longbow instead.

As for providing STR20 composite bows, I'd say maybe have them as unique loot, and maybe sell in the introduction store, but offering them during the game in all shops would be a bit of an overkill imho.

Again, unless sth changed and I didn't notice, you can craft using regular composite bows in TOEE.

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

You are right, any crafting of a weapon or an armor has to be of masterwork quality. Though some of the items like elven shields will not have that descriptive part in their name, you can still enhance them.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thunderstones (and Tanglefoot bags) are a WIP. The basic capacity to do that stuff is there - the Thunderstones are great when they work and cause a caster to miscast - but they don't go away at the end of their duration. No idea what I am doing wrong with either.

Alchemists fire - RAW - is much harder to do. How can you do the 'put out the flames'? Or, if we found a spell that caused fire damage on the next round (maybe hack Melf's Acid Arrow to do fire, or just make something up from scratch) and you couldn't put it out, you could be left on 1hp knowing that next round you're a gonner and no ability to put it out :( Sorta defeats the purpse, I think.

10. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Quench or holy/unholy water.

Our Host!