What do you want to see? The Sequel.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Sep 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
?

What do you want next?

1. Mid Level Quests (8-12)

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. High Level Quests (12-15)

20 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Insane Quests (15+)

27 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. Adjust Encounters to make more challenging (Lareth, Moathouse, HB)

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  5. Add in fun random encounters

31 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. War of the Golden Skull

32 vote(s)
    51.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

There you have it... I'm dreaming to play a character named king arthur. And you can imagine that the game would not be complete without the sword. :yes:

2. Visceral

Visceral Member

Tomb Of Horror's, obviously ;)

3. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

How about the whole bloodstone series, that takes characters from 15th level to 100th level? :D

Attached Files:

4. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

I'm not big on superhigh levels.

Include more human/ demihuman random encounters. The current single one available (I forget the names, but the other party of a human, 1/2ling, dwarf, elf, & dog) is a good encounter. Plus they may have better treasure (i.e., a +1 reach weapon or two).

Almost forgot the Scarlet Brotherhood dudes in Verbobonc, if they are still there. They would be tougher if the crossbowmen were re-equipped with swords or spears.

Of course, Verb 2.0 might include this...?

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

OK, I just played through Verbomod changed my priorities a bit. Here's my 5 cents on this.

IMO, it'd be a shame to leave such a great mod "unfinished". You've got this huuge city area with quite few things to do other than a few quests and shopping. It'd be great if it eventually grew into an actual big RPG game town full of mysteries and quests.

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I am just guessing, but the reason Verbobanc is so large is for that exact reason. To give the modders a new playground to flesh out and make even more challenging and avenues for more quests. Like the unfinished Hextors in the old Temple.

7. Necroticpus

Gaear already said that 5.9.0+ would have Verbobonc with just a skeleton crew. Most of the stuff was left out because they are working on it, I assume. There's probably going to be a large dungeon consisting of city sewers called Old Verbobonc and a jack the ripper-esque serial killer murder mystery to solve and catching/gathering all the dangerous creatures that escaped from the arena and a fleshed out Scarlet Brotherhood, complete with archmage nobles positioning for control with each other by intrigues and schemes and a LARGE contingent/war party of drow breaking into the basement of the castle of lords from the underdark, making an all out attack on Verbobonc looking for slaves to take back. :yes:

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Now that doesn't sound so exciting. They REALLY need to do more to keep my interest. ....

;) (JK Gaear and crew)

9. Necroticpus

I would really like to see one thing for sure added to the game, the cleric spell Legend Lore. It's basically an identify spell except for a cleric, really high level, like 6th or 7th level spell. It should be like a mage's analyze dweomer.

I also would like to see a cop in Verbobonc named Dirty Archesaph, who carries a S&W .50, that hunts down player characters that are evil or have the 2 bad reputations, verbo butcher/constabulary killer. Or perhaps Captain Achan has one and uses it if the party disagrees with his methods of removing the criminals. :yes:

10. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Why not Wyatt Earp?

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

He'd work on the beloved 'Riverside Road' map.

12. GuardianAngel82

Why not in one of the corrals from the Homlett map? He could bring Virgil and Morgan, and their associate Doc could use a sawed-off shotgun that fires an enhanced burning hands.

13. GuardianAngel82

On a more serious note: Unseen Rangers sniping the party until the members get close enough to 'spot' them.

14. Necroticpus

Good idea. And naturally, they all would have the farshot feat, rapid shot, improved critical and crippling strike. With masterwork composite longbows (STR 18) +3, unholy/shocking burst/icy burst/flaming burst. :yes:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, trying to get Billy to engage you at the fulll length of the Keep's wall turned out to be problematic. Even if you force the NPCs into combat they can stand around like mullets if the players are not close enough.

Our Host!