What do you want to see? The Sequel.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Sep 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
?

What do you want next?

1. Mid Level Quests (8-12)

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. High Level Quests (12-15)

20 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Insane Quests (15+)

27 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. Adjust Encounters to make more challenging (Lareth, Moathouse, HB)

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  5. Add in fun random encounters

31 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. War of the Golden Skull

32 vote(s)
    51.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'd like to see a few encounters that scale to your party's size and level that you just stumble upon.

Like a group of smugglers in a warehouse, a caravan being robbed, or a small church being burnt that you could maybe decide to help burn or stop them.

Heeey, you didn't say it had to be easy to make. ;)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  2. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

Some kind of dragonlair. In wich you have to fight dragons off course. And eventually get to pick up some of the dragonscales. And that brother smith or somebody else can forge a nice armor or boots and gloves from those scales.

Make excalibur available in the game. For Good knights and Paladins only off course. Got to be on the good side.

Runestones to be forged onto your armor and weapons so that if you're playing an all fighter party, you still have an "option" of "upgrading" your stuff!

Still dreaming...

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Excalibur IS in the game. I don't think it's part of any story though. ;)

4. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

I have voted in the "leveling existent encouter" stuff, becose I agree with a lot of people about Lareth. Ya need to make a lot of tumble checks to popen that damn door and make that encounter really chalenging! Lareth coming out at the 2nd or 3th turn of combat - after casting some buffing spells on himself - will be great, and will make much more sense!

I will like to see some 1st level combat, maybe inside Hommlet - like some bandits in a warehouse or inside of that unused houses at Hommlet, and other more combative quests of low level - like the Housewifes stuff, but with a little less LSD...

Much more simple than that, I will love to see some new magic weapons, of different kinds. A lot of +1 shortswords and daggers it's cool, and there are some good longswords, and some named other really good weapons in the game, but very small on variety. There are no magic longspear - the best cleric/druid weapon - halberd, greataxe, flail, crossbow or cimitar, and they are all common weapons to be used for players! The only bastard sword is the Fragharach itself, a weapon that no Good aligned party will have access to, and no racial weapons - dwarven waraxe and gnome hookedhammer - that are too very common weapons players shall choose for their characters! Without a magic crafter in the group, the range of chioces for weapons focus are very limited for every group. Or ya have a magic crafter... What is very anti-RPG-logic (becose no P&P character will pick that feats or stop to loose XP and a LOT of time for a mgic weapon...) and make the craft feats absolutly essential in all and every group!

So, please, add some new magic weapons! If ya shall beggin the group with a +1 holy sword (and a bag of XP...), what's the problem of having a +1 gnomic hammer or a dwarven waraxe inside of the belly of some monster?

5. Brohm

Brohm Member

Link to a G1-3 Against the Giants mod :twitch: But that's coming from someone who has no idea if it would be possible with the toolset (maps/backgrounds/etc...I think the bulk of the mobs otherwise are in T1-4 anyways).

6. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

This is a good point. However, I would like to propose a compromise.

Right now, there is a lot of loot in the game - so much that if you take and sell the items from the people and creatures you kill, you can break a million gp. Finding more magic items would only add to that total.

On the other hand, there are two merchants in VB 2.0 that buy and sell armor and weapons at the Archer's Eye. Since this area is new, I think it would be fair to say that these merchants could be fleshed out. So why not let one of these two sell magic items of the sort that are harder to come by - the very sort mentioned in the post that I quoted from? This would avoid putting more loot in the game and also give an outlet to spend some of that money on. The Bazaar of the Bizarre has been good for this. Why not let the Archer's Eye have some of this action as well?

7. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

well I really like almost all the suggestions on necros first posting..

prestige classes.. some epic enoucnters
    love the idea of the g/d q series i think a lot of the stuff for it already is here

and of course the T series too which would go into epic content..

i dont think much first /low level stuff is needed of course this comes from a guy who killed off R and G with a lvl 1 or 2 party.. sheer dumb luck but take it as you will welkland bog and te skeletons around the emirlldy seem to provide some and if you you do the fed exp type quest around town then the moat house etc lowl level dont seem to be an issue..

new spells and more range in crafting beyond +3 would be good espcially if you up the high lvl/epicish content..

basically i love the path taken so far presonally ive always loved the G/d/q T series so if anything seeing that done iwell in true Co8 style would be awesome...
    drow city beholder hive a real lich and henchman etc..

8. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I think a really awesome encounter/quest /plotline would be dealing with a demi-lich lair, full of lethal traps and guardians. If you happen to be lucky enough to make it to the actual lair of the demi-lich, then you have to deal with it. If you don't kill it within the first three rounds, the whole party is pretty much dead, and it's absolutely hard as hell to kill a demi-lich. In 1st edition rules you needed at least a +4 weapon and even that only did like 1 point of damage per plus or something. Forget about spells, they are immune to most everything. And they can use Trap The Soul spell once a round and take out a party very quickly.

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I bet your the type of DM that cackles in delight when he can con a group to play Tomb of Horrers. :D

That is a damned devious idea Necro. Not sure if it is workable in this game, but I do know that in Baldur's Gate 2 you can fight a demi lich and that was a mean ass fight.

10. bradrinwi

i love the demi lich idea that would be awesome..

and whats that cackel remark about I loved being my groups Dm espcially when i could get em to go thru tomb of horrors... ..

11. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Sorry bradrinwi, that comment was in reply to Necroticpus post, not yours. Though for all I know, you may be the type of DM who plans out TPK scenarios. :D

12. bradrinwi

yes i am actualy but only for my own amusement:)

13. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

More actual parties in the random encounters.
    No more useless random encounters (like 3 skeletons for a lvl 12 party)
    Sidequests for NPC's.
    Monsters as Player Characters.
    Small weapons & armor in the shop before you actually begin the game.
    Bugless metamagics. (Yes,yes, I know that's pushing it)

14. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I voted for: "Adjust Encounters to make more challenging (Lareth, Moathouse, HB)"

EXCEPT! I don't think that moathouse/HB encounters need adjusting, they're fairly well-balanced as is. I do believe that the end-game encounters need further boosting, specifically the priests but especially the nodes. It'd be great to see the Nodes to be filled in and also made challenging. AND Zuggy needs to be fixed (unless it's been done in 5.9) - if she starts spawning mushrooms, they keep clipping onto each other when there's too little space, eventually causing gfx glitches, massive slowdowns and eventually CTD.

Fun would be great, or at least some modest level-scaling as someone already mentioned above. Also upping the Survival throw difficulty for some encounters would be great too, otherwise you pretty much get NO RE after lvl5 or so.

EDIT: I'm playing through 5.9.2 and noticing that AoH and Verbo are geared more towards mid-level parties. This means that I'm now also quite eager to see more stuff to do for a party with members lvl 15-20

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  15. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

Maybe getting some of the chambers on zuggy's Temple level filled with monsters? Or Priests? Or some chests with great stuff in it. Because it's so empty out there. All that space and nothing in it.

If my architect sees that!

Our Host!