What do you want to see? The Sequel.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Sep 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
?

What do you want next?

1. Mid Level Quests (8-12)

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. High Level Quests (12-15)

20 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Insane Quests (15+)

27 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. Adjust Encounters to make more challenging (Lareth, Moathouse, HB)

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  5. Add in fun random encounters

31 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. War of the Golden Skull

32 vote(s)
    51.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

I'm not sure about the basilisk but the gorgons in the air node petrified a pair in my party on my last run. They were pretty useless in combat until I got the dang effect dispelled.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well if the chickens can not be modified to stone you, maybe just give them the Peck Of Death attack. Or maybe the Rooster can have a Sonic Crowing blast. :)

3. Lum Levits

Lum Levits Member

Just fixing some of the encounters. Lareth sitting in his room sipping wine and wearing slippers while his forces get slaughtered just outside his door has always bugged me.

Level 3 temple should be beefed up big time....I have a harder time with level 2 temple encounters.

Random encounters would be cool....but might make leveling even easier then it already is.

Ability to chop up monster corpses and use them for iron rations.;)

I've always been dissapointed with the nodes too I would of like to seen them with some more of the orginal monsters and maps......I was really looking forward to seeing the Frost Giant models after I saw my first Ettin and Hill Giant...but alas..they saw fit to leave them out.

GREAT GAME...................GREAT SUPURB JOB ON MAKING IT FUN AND PLAYABLE!!!!!

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Then we would need a new spell to fight them. I suggest Choke the Chicken to stop the sound effects and immobolize the neck to prevent pecking. But there could be side-effects...

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I dream of a day when the Moathouse chests would be able to be unlocked while the Moathouse was still relevant. Likewise Lareth's diary. :tears:

6. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Going for simple dreams that you can mod easily Gaear? I like your style.

7. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I have no idea if this would be workable, but in NWN1 and 2, they had lockpicks of +1-10 available that added that bonus to your pick locks skill. Also they had healing kits of +1-10 so you could play a group without a healer of any sort and still have some healing available other than scrolls and potions. I guess that the idea of Calmert restocking his inventory can help so that if you wanted a group of all fighting types, you could still adventure and have healing, though at a high upkeep cost unless you wanted to be healing weeks and months at a time after a big battle.

8. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

As someone has said, getting a link to make the Queen of the Demonweb Pits would be nice.

Tough random encounters to keep you "on your toes".

Reputation relevant consequences. If you get the Butcher of Hommlet rep you are then hunted down by tough warrior parties to avenge the children. As you survive longer the encounters get harder......

Shit happens.... a random spell hits you for no reason (someone is watching...)

More MUST be made of Lareth. As I said before, if you read the supermodule Lareth is a model of perfect evil, yet he mostly gets killed way to easy. Someone who is the progeny of evil should not have this happen. He should get an "obscure death" and reappear later with more than revenge on his mind.... and loot to boot.

9. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I'd rather have voted for more tough random encounters at higher party levels, maybe by scaling up the existing ones for higher levels.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Where's the option for low level encounters? I want more lvl 1 stuff!

11. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I thought that was the purpose of Welkwood Bog... Apparently not.

12. Lum Levits

Lum Levits Member

Masterwork Versions of the some of the monster equipment....like Iuz Shields, temple armor....just for some other appearance options for evil crafters.

Sigmal encounter beefed up.

Also I was wondering where did the White Dragon Model in Verboboc come from? Was it just in the game and never used?

13. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I believe that the Iuz shields are already considered masterwork, same as the Elvish shields are. Not sure about the armor though.

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, Iuz' stuff is masterwork.

The dragon model is one of those things from the Water Node, remeshed and embiggened.

15. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Yep, Iuz shields and any spiked variety of bugbear shields are masterwork. Great source of income for the 40XP to make them +1.

Our Host!