Weapon Questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Jul 21, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I'd say THE Highlander used weapon finesse - while the Kurgan most definitely used power attack...

But I know what you meant.

2. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

I don't remeber at this point, but he has some "lines" :D

He's really though, a great addition to the team. Give him some good equipment, and he will take care of the thoughest enemies.

Be aware that if you kick him out, he wouldn't come back, neither you'll have the ambush encounter.

That same one LoL

I actually never used Sargen to fight, i dunno if he's a good character. Of the characters on the nodes, i usually let Taki join. He's quite skilled and though, both melee and ranged. I always wondered why he's almost a giant, but just adds to the character.

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

There is another empty house in Nulb which could contain Jaer.

4. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Is Cavanagh the apprentice you collect the money from?
    How do you recruit him?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If you beggar him, by forcing him to pay his dues even though he can't (so he goes broke, gets on the outer with the church and loses his job) he ends up begging outside the Wench. At this point, he may join your party for lack of anything else to do with his life.

I've only once gotten the rep for beggaring all 3 guys (and only then because I tried). Interesting depth of plot, that.

6. Hugh Manetee

Hmmmm. I generally feel bad when I ruin the non-existent people, but when I've done it I only seem to give him some money. I'll harden my heart and try again.

7. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

Unfortunately, beggaring people causes a reaction among all the Hommlet folks. They are afraid you will find skeletons or something in their closets and become unfriendly. Of course if you save the prince and are knighted they become all warm and fuzzy. But you still keep the rep.

8. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Half Knight

I have no idea if he is good in combat, but I'm sure that being called "Demon, Demon!!!" all the time is very annoying! Furtermore, he is a mage that dont know any spell - he probably have lost his grimoire with his sanity - and its a liar. A lot of things that makes him a bad company...

Shinningted

Three? I just know about Cavanaugh and the farmer that are stealing from Meleny's father - I forgot the name of they both....
    Who is the 3th one?

Hugh Manetee

I'm not sure about the trigger that makes ya feel that the guy need to come along, but be sure that the quest Calmerth gives ya its finished. Go talk to him if not. After this, just keep giving gold coins to Cavanaugh till the dialogue change - he desapears after each gold ya hand him, but ya dont need to wait another day. I thing that this is a bug, but just enter and out of the Welcome Wench and he will be there again - and ya become able to get him along. I remember that there are a lot of dialogue options - I've made this a lot of times and I just know the "right way" - so be carefull to dont just pay him and let him go! I sugest that ya save the game at same point, after talk to him.

9. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I think the third beggar is the boy in the mill if you lie to him and tell him that his father/boss is letting him convert when the father/boss is against it. He converts and gets fired.

10. Hugh Manetee

Amazing I wonder how much other stuff I've missed.

11. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Ranth

Thanks, Ill try this!

Hugh Manetee

Me too!

12. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Is it possible to get Melany in the party without a bard at level 1? I am trying to get her to marry my fighter with 16 charisma, but without an eagles splendor spell I cant seem to get him enough charm to ask her about her adventures.

Do I need to level up to 3rd level so my mage can cast it, or is there another way so I can have her in the party before I get out of Hommlet?

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm... I think it is a 17 cha male, so a sorcerer, bard or proper paladin fits the bill. I don't know what you can do except sit it out til lvl 3, but its a reminder what a great spell that is. I give it (as a scroll) as a reward a couple of times in KotB, and expect players to use it to prepare for important dialogue moments, like shmoozing the Guild Master.

Can't think where it is in ToEE though :scratchhe

14. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

Eagle splendor is found in three forms:spell,scroll and potion. You probably will not be able to get Melany in your party until you acquire one of the forms. Since your character only has a Cha of 16 (not high enough to get her interest.). You may have to wait until your cleric or mage can learn the level 2 spell.

15. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

You might get lucky and buy it off Burne if you've got the money.

Our Host!