Weapon crafting problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Bio-Mage, Nov 9, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

I have a the wizard you pick up on the tavern in Hommlet which has now reached level 8. I tried to craft a longsword +3 with elemental damage but it seems that only shock and frost are available. My wizard has the fireball spell required, like i had ice storm and lightning bolt for the others. Why is it not on the list though? (not even red to denote experience issues)

I run TOEE with patch 1 and 2 and C08 fixes and livoya'a mod plus the max HP fix and humble NPC's

Any help would be welcome along with a doc guide on crafting requirements if available. Thank you.:notworthy

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You must meet the level requirements for the enhancement (level 10 for flaming, level 12 for flaming burst).

3. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Yup. For all the details, you can check out my crafting guide. (Link in my sig).

4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Of course, we could always have the arguement about whether those level requirements are the correct interpretation of the rules again. :)

5. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

If they're not, the correct version eludes poor Skip Williams, who's one of the co-authors of the system. Then again, many insist he makes mistakes all over the place. Still, from what I've seen it's usually stuff like he forgot some spell was a spread or an emanation or something minor like that. A major rule thing like this seems like something he should be on top of. But, heck you never know. It's how I run crafting in my pnp game.

6. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

Thank you guys, I was not aware that flaming was level 10. I thought all elemental damage starts at 8 and the burst came at 10. Guess I have some way to go.

Cheers for the guide Plothos.....it will come in handy and keep me quiet for a bit :p

Our Host!