War of the Golden Skull Release: General Commentary and Discussion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Aug 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Did a rerun of 5.5.0 and had the same issue with Golden Skull. It drops the Hommlet attackers and defenders into position whenever I return to town with the skull, but doesn't lauch combat. All of the defenders are also duplicated in their normal town position. It also does the same when I get teleported back from the Drow encounter after the Moathouse respawn.

Byrne gives me the start to the quest, but the elementalist never appears. I go the village elders and have to initiate combat using the keyboard. During the battle, the defenders turn on me and I fight both sides. Terjon was actually double spawned and I fought 2 of him.

This was after I overwrote a new download of the Golden Skull. Obviously not working correctly, but makes for a boat load of nice equipment and EP's.

2. jh1ro0o

jh1ro0o Member

Re: Co8 New Content: War of the Golden Skull

am can anyone tell me where to download WotGS?

3. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Bump, just because it's been a while.

4. Necroticpus

I just noticed something new on my last playthrough of 5.5. When you do the first fight of WoGS, Amii is standing off to the right and turns into this giant replica of Terjon and barrels into the fight. What's up with that?

5. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Never seen that before. Did you do anything different before? Did you cure her this time?

6. Necroticpus

I've played games previously where I did and didn't heal her, but the giant Terjon replica almost always always shows up. I was thinking that Amii turns into this monster cleric and starts fighting. I think you have to damage her first though. Maybe Jaroo just brings her along because she's more than she seems. She might be the female version of St. Cuthbert, reborn in little Amii. But why would Jaroo be hanging around with her?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Maybe she is Cuthbert's choosen one, and Jaroo is trying to stop her.

8. Necroticpus

I'm going to figure this Amii thing out and pay attention to see why she changes into a 12 foot tall Terjon.

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Is War of the Golden Skull compatible with 5.8.1NC?

If it is, will I have to start a new game?

10. Necroticpus

No, it only works for 5.5 modpack. But someday, I think they are going to add it to a regular modpack.

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I do believe Gaear has put this on the official Co8 timeline, yars.

12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Then I shall continue to wait and of course keep trying to beat the game with an assortment of completely ridiculous party builds.

Let me see ... halfling barbarian, check! Dwarven mage, check! Half-orc Pally, check! Gnome fighter, check!

Hmmm ... haven't tried a party of Halfling Barbarian/Rangers, (reading to much OotS).

What was I talking about again? Oh yeah ... thanks, you'll make it compatible exactly when you're ready. :dribble:

13. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

I did a Oots party once; belkar really isn't viable as a halfling ranger/barbian sadly :(
    The rest were good though.

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I keep saying: 5 Female Halfling Bards. :yes:

15. Necroticpus

I have 3 things today. Now, these happened while playing 5.5 but I'd bet a year of Ted's salary that they are universal throughout all the modpacks.

1. The extraplanar chest. Again. I accidentally found an exploit with it. If you use it and keep it in the blacksmith's area and then sell it without taking it back into your inventory, it will stay there and always be there for you, no matter what. I pretty much used it to store stuff for a seriously long time until the end of the game because I didn't have a rogue to open the smith's normal chest with the horn.

2. Senshock. If he tries to make an escape and you kill him with an AoO on his turn right before he gets to escape, the end cutscenes will say that he escaped to Verbobonc and plans revenge. One really peculiar thing about this is that when it happens, about half of his inventory disappears! His robes and scrolls and whatever else just disappear!

3. Prince Thrommel. If you rescue him and then teleport back to the inn, you get the goodbye dialog with him but he doesn't leave, he just stands there. You can still interact with him at this point even though he's not in your party. At the endgame cutscenes, it will say that he turned into a vampire and Fragarach was lost to the mists of time. I've also had this happen when I teleport him to Terjon's temple and Burne's tower.

As a side note, the Smith & Westrealm .50 kicks much ass on the failor and Zuggtmoy. It all depends on your level. The higher you are, the better the chance of overcoming their spell resistance. My mage was firing away and had greater spell penetration. At 16 th level, he hit the failor 6 times out of 10 in 2 rounds. He shot Zuggtmoy 9 times out of 10 in 2 rounds at 20th level. It does anywhere between 30 - 45 damage per hit, more if critical. Killed the fiendish minotaur in the first shot!

*edit*
    I just finished a run through with 2 characters, a fighter and wizard. It rocks. But I kinda found one other thing that's kinda funky.

If you have a reach weapon on someone who's picking a lock or disabling a trap, they do it from the reach distance of the weapon. The problem with this is that if they fail, they will never get hit by the traps, ever. I had my fighter picking locks and he was using a ranseur. Every single time, he was 10 feet away from the lock and in no danger ever of the traps when they went off.

Our Host!