War of the Golden Skull Release: General Commentary and Discussion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Aug 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ Well, I'm not sure if it works if you add it to an activated game, you'd have to ask Ranth about save compatibility...

Also, do you have the right version of the mod? WoGS only works with Co8 5.5.0

2. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Yep, I'm using version 5.5.0

I started a new game so hopefully it will work this time. Is there a specific path of timing and dialog I should follow? When do I talk to Byrne about it? Thanks.

3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I think you just need to have the skull to talk to Burne. You can also try talking to the Hextor priests in Verb too.

4. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Doesn't seem to be working for me. I recovered the skull and brought it back to Hommlet to show Byrne. He tells me not to equip it and that he has to research it. That's what he did before and he seemed to be "researching" forever and never did anything else. Am I on the right track and have to come back later or should it have started to mod? Thanks.

5. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I don't think your on the right track. Not sure where you went wrong but if you have 5.5.0 installed AND the mods add-on pack installed you should be ok.

6. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Oh oh, not good news. I'm pretty sure I've got everything working fine. 5.5.0 is the version I'm using and I have the War of the Golden Skull installed as an add on pack. To be sure, are there some unique files I should look for in the directory?

What is the "normal" flow for the mod? Is there a delay in Byrne responding to it? Looking at other comments, it says I need to give the skull to Byrne. Do I have to do that first before it will trigger the dialog or does it come up on its own? Thanks.

Hope I can get it figured out, it sounds awesome.

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

He should sense it on you, or you or notice it when you talk to him about it. Do you have access to Verb? Try talking to the hextor priest. He should sense it on you too and try to take it from you.

The priests are in the basement of the abandoned house with the single pally type guy in it. Do a search in the back of the room by the podium.

8. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Success!! I reinstalled it and it worked! Not sure why it didn't before and I got it going even though I put it into an ongoing game.

Ranth, thanks for your help and patience. I'm looking foward to tackling it (not high enough level yet).

9. Flak88

Flak88 Member

During the defense of Hommlet, my Paladin became fallen. Any idea why? With Tergon dead, is there anyone I can see for atonement?

10. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Hmm that is strange. I never thought about the fallen pally problem. In my testing, once all of the Hommlet NPC's died to the invaders the PC's would become butchers of Hommlet, so I wrote code to reverse that. I did not think of the effects on fallen pallies.

I do not know of anyone that can bring him back. Sorry.

11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Check the console thread, there should be a code to "un-fall" the Paladin.

12. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Good thought on the consule command. Ironically, I can't access the consule commands using my new computer. Tried everything, but nope.

Is this something that can be fixed in version 5.8.0?

13. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Strange happening. Fought through the moathouse respawn and the drow encounter. Came back to Hommlet and ended up in the middle of the assault on Hommlet. It did not trigger combat though. I went to the World map and to east Hommlet where Byrne was in his keep and they interacted with me as though nothing was different. The Hextor troops and Hommlet defenders are all just standing there.

I have not yet retrieved the skull.

14. Alastar

Alastar Member

Anyway to make this work with the current front end? 5.7.2

15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

No. Designed for 5.5.0 and works only with 5.5.0

Our Host!