War of the Golden Skull Release: General Commentary and Discussion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Aug 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Did anyone here kill Zuggy first (obviously w/o destroying the skull) and then do the mod?

2. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Sorry I forgot to answer your question. I know Gaear is making TotWC playable right after you kill Zuggy, giving you the option to continue play after vanilla ToEE. I do not have that option.

If you destroy the orb to hurt Zuggy you can still play this mod. What you need to do is go to the Hextor cleric, tell him you destroyed the orb, and he will tell you of his plans to invade Hommlet. At this point you can join the invasion (evil side) or tell him you need to to prepare, run to Burne, and let him know of the invasion (good side).

The reason I have the party is to get rid of the orb and its benefits (summoning the node guardians), which would make my expansion too easy. This may also become a problem in TotWC as well but I am sure Gaear has thought that through.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Not in this mod, Gaear is going to make that possible in TotWC I believe.

Sorry I edited the post to answer that as well.

2nd Edit: Also forgot, that if you are a good party, and you find out about the invasion from the Hextor cleric, you can kill them on the spot but once the cleric and guards die, he tells you the invasion has already begun and that you have not saved Hommlet, which teleports you to the Hommlet defense scenario. (longest sentence ever)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  4. Basil the Timid

Got it! Thanks Ranth. We kept Ninja-ing each other.

5. Basil the Timid

Since installing this mod, I have been experiencing several CTDs and the stop-jerk phenomena in Hommlet. I did not have such problems before installing it. Anyone else?

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I suspect that starting a new game would fix that.

7. Basil the Timid

Reloading seems to work sometimes. Frequent saves seems to be the best way to handle this so far.

8. Basil the Timid

So, if the party is good and they make peace with the dwarves, the castle is built, the end??

9. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Yep. Or you could fight the dwarfs. I though the last fight might be too hard for some people so I decided to give a diplomacy method.

Like I said, there is a lot more that I wanted to do with the mod, the castle, and other things but I did not have time.

10. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Where in the game do you first run into the mod?

11. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Take the golden skull to Burne or the cleric of Hextor in Verb. If you destroyed it, go to the Cleric of Hextor in Verb.

12. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Wow, I didn't know you could be diplomatic with the dwarves. Ariakas just told me to go to the quarry and turn their craniums into ceral bowls, so that's what I done. Diplomacy is sooo boring. I like fighting 50 fire immune dwarves with 150 hit points each better. :evilgrin:

13. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Yea I tried to put small things like that in parts of the mod to make it more realistic. Good parties might not want a war with the dwarfs if it could be avoided.

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I've gotten to seach the road "CAREFULLY". Thanks. ;)

15. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Well, once I've decided to play the 5.6.0 mod, I'm off from the War of The Golden skull mod. But, I need to let ya know something that happens to my party.

I have decided to make a REALLY good party to rule Hommlet. So, I have created 4 paladins to play. All going well till we give the skull to Rufus (or Burne; The wizard, anyway). Her send the party to the road, to patrol. I move the party around all the road, and see nothing. Then I try to make some Search checks, and nothing again. So I wait. I took my half&half tobacco, put light on my pipe, make a coffee, and just stay looking to the game. 20 minuts later, not hapens. So I've decided to rest, and see what happens. I rested, some monsters come around, and I take a look around all the road map. And make some search checks. And found nothing. So, I do it again. And again, and again.... My party is going old (something like 30 days have passed since we have being sended to patrol; We acquire a level, but no old man comes to us, or evil wizard/cleric or no one except by LOTS of monster (we have dealed with something like 6 or 7 trolls in a ride!). I have no idea of whats happen, but well, I'm depparting.

Sad, becose I have seen the movie of the mod and I was anxious to play....

But, well, maybe in the next time!

Our Host!